deleted

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fox666
I Live Here

deleted

Post by Fox666 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

beast mode
Beyond Newbie

Re: Trunks form when he defeated Cell (and the future androi

Post by beast mode » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Do we know if Future Cell absorbed any humans/anywhere near as much as the other Cell?
...whining about the anime because it doesn't follow my "manga volumes agenda."

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:55 pm

He didn't. There weren't enough humans for him to do such.

Anyway, I think he's a regular Super Saiyan there.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 pm

I think Cell only had to absorb a bunch of humans because he reverted back to his larval stage to go back in time, and then had to regrow all over again. I reckon he was strong enough to absorb #17 and #18 when he emerged fresh from the lab, and reverting weakened him.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:00 pm

It's very likely that he and Vegeta had already started down the path of Full-Power Super Saiyan instead of the Grades stages by the time of the Cell Games. Trunks may have perfected the form and trained for even more power by the time he killed his Cell.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 pm

It took a few chapters in the manga for him to absorb the humans, I don't think it should be taken as a hard task for he to do the same in the future (considering the menace of the androids was gone for a few years). Besides he has been wondering around for a while searching for no.17 and 18

At least the way he talks in the present sounds like it is natural for him to absorb humans before he absorbs no.17 and 18
Chapter: 363 (DBZ 169), P12.1
Cell: “Human life extract alone isn’t enough for me to reach my perfect form. I need to merge with two important, particular life forms...The computer told me of these two particular life forms…….Dr. Gero’s creations—Androids No.17 and No.18!”
Chapter: 364 (DBZ 170), P8.3
Cell: “I’ll keep absorbing human life energy unnoticed, and steadily increase my power. And once I’ve greatly exceeded the power of No.17 and No.18, I’ll force them to merge with me…!”
And according to himself he is superior to no.17 and 18 in strength
Chapter: 420 (DBZ 226), P2.3
Context: after Trunks tells Cell he’ll defeat him
Cell: “Trunks…All of your data has been scanned by the spy robot…With your power, you couldn’t possibly defeat No.17 or No.18, let alone me…”
(of course I am aware these androids are weaker than the ones from the present, but I think it's at least worth noting)
Kaboom wrote:It's very likely that he and Vegeta had already started down the path of Full-Power Super Saiyan instead of the Grades stages by the time of the Cell Games.
While Vegeta hair has always been ambiguous, Trunk's hair is very easy to recognize, as much as Super Saiyan 3...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Fox666 wrote:While Vegeta hair has always been ambiguous, Trunk's hair is very easy to recognize, as much as Super Saiyan 3...
Um... you know that his hair is just long during the Cell Games and then he got it cut before going back to the future, right? Otherwise I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

beast mode
Beyond Newbie

Post by beast mode » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Trunks is probably Full-Power Super Saiyan by the time he fights Cell. He's half human, so that puts him on par with FPSS Gohan. He's got no problem defeating a Cell who's weaker than Kamiccolo.

edit: Since Trunks is stronger than Future No. 17 and 18 individually at the time of his first visit, it's no surprise at all he could kill them both (easily) in plain Super Saiyan after training in the RoSaT.
...whining about the anime because it doesn't follow my "manga volumes agenda."

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:19 am

The first form Cell in Trunks timeline is probably weaker than the one in the mainstream timeline.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:36 am

Vhanos wrote:The first form Cell in Trunks timeline is probably weaker than the one in the mainstream timeline.
But didn't Future Cell say that Trunks couldn't beat the Androids, let alone him, implying that Cell's stronger than the Future Androids? Whereas Present Cell acknowledged that he'd need to absorb humans to overpower the Androids? I always figured that Cell just lost power after being in his larval state for four years.

Unless you're talking about Present Cell after absorbing humans and gaining enough power to defeat Piccolo and the Androids. If so, then that's fine.

I believe Future Trunks was a regular Super Saiyan when he defeated the Androids and Cell respectively. I agree with Kaboom in that Vegeta and Trunks had started down the path of Full-Power Super Saiyan by the Cell Games, but hadn't yet mastered it like Goku and Gohan (although may have by the time he defeated Cell). Perhaps having a sparring partner plays a part, since Vegeta and Trunks entered the Room of Spirit and Time alone the second time.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:08 am

beast mode wrote:Since Trunks is stronger than Future No. 17 and 18 individually at the time of his first visit
You mean strong enough to fight back?

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:31 am

Fox666 wrote:Take a look at Trunk's hair as Grade II (during the Cell Games)...
What you're referring to SSJ 2nd Grade hair is just Trunks long hair in Super Saiyan.
Fox666 wrote:So here goes the question: was Trunks a full-power Super Saiyan at this time?
Full-Power Super Saiyan isn't exactly a form that you either are or aren't. Neither are the Grades. They essentially identify the two possible ways to make your Super Saiyan form more powerful besides old school training, which is useless at this point in the story. If you rely only in building power you end with the grades. If you first get used to the form and then start build power you get Full-Power Super Saiyan. Trunks and Vegeta definitely used that method in their second time.

That is why try to simplify the Grades and Full Power as multipliers don't work.
beast mode wrote:Since Trunks is stronger than Future No. 17 and 18 individually at the time of his first visit
What?! Trunks was surprised that Vegeta could fight even with #18 prior to acknowledge she was even stronger than the #18 she know. He can't do more than fight back, which even Goku did against Freeza. He is hopeless agaisnt them!
Last edited by Senzu_Bean on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Trunks clearly mentions that the androids of the present are stronger than the ones from his future, whom he could fight one to one.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 pm

Fox666 wrote:Trunks clearly mentions that the androids of the present are stronger than the ones from his future, whom he could fight one to one.
They are indeed stronger than those he known but he can't fight even with them. After all he was almost killed and barely escaped when fought against them.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Fox666 wrote:Trunks clearly mentions that the androids of the present are stronger than the ones from his future, whom he could fight one to one.
The Androids reveal that they never used more than half-power on Gohan before they killed him (17 never did, at least), then later likewise state that Trunks has been their "toy" as well. That's not something they'd regard him as if he ever actually was a serious threat or match for them.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 pm

Kaboom wrote:The Androids reveal that they never used more than half-power on Gohan before they killed him...
Before, you know, actually killed him. Someone stronger than Gohan wouldn't be sent to the hospital and barely escaped with his life if they used only half-power against him.
Last edited by Senzu_Bean on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Kaboom wrote:
The Androids reveal that they never used more than half-power on Gohan before they killed him (17 never did, at least), then later likewise state that Trunks has been their "toy" as well. That's not something they'd regard him as if he ever actually was a serious threat or match for them.
Or Gohan is not even half-strong as Trunks is... =/

jackjack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jackjack » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Kaboom wrote: The Androids reveal that they never used more than half-power on Gohan before they killed him (17 never did, at least), then later likewise state that Trunks has been their "toy" as well. That's not something they'd regard him as if he ever actually was a serious threat or match for them.
Kaboom wrote:You are completely disregarding the databooks' information in favor of your fan theories.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Fox666 wrote:Or Gohan is not even half-strong as Trunks is... =/
My main point being that they revealed they treated Trunks the same way, and he would be misled into thinking he was ever actually a challenge for them. Someone who can actually put up a good fight against your true power and is a serious threat is not a "toy." Nor would 17 be so surprised that Trunks could suddenly kill 18 if he was really already that close to them.

Future Gohan (time of death) - 150
Future Trunks - 155

Android 17 - 300
  • (Versus Trunks - 175)
Android 18 - 295
  • (Versus Trunks - 165)

@jackjack Oh come on man. Really? There's a difference between just outright ignoring things that aren't contradicted because you don't like them, and being skeptical of things that actually are debatable. I've always maintained that.

"The future Androids are somehow weaker" really does have things going against it. Something else like "Vegeta reached SSj2 through training," which is what my quote there is in regards to, does not. If people are allowed to doubt other things that don't make much sense like Nappa being at 4000, then I'm certainly allowed to doubt this, thank you. So please, don't cop an attitude.

But now I've made my point, which admittedly isn't entirely on-topic to begin with, and I'll leave it at that.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Piccolo at pair with #17 is a toy to him, so... it really doesn't work, no matter how you slice it. And it is really getting boring, I would say even ridiculous to see this popping here and there. Gohan is killed by #17 at full power.

Trunks which is even stronger than Gohan barely escaped with his life by #17 using half power... it doesn't make any sense.