How does Piccolo address Son Goku?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

How does Piccolo address Son Goku?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:49 am

In the original manga, how does Piccolo address Son Goku? I think I remember someone saying a while back that he always addressed Goku as "Son Goku", and then reverted to just "Son" or "Goku".
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How does Piccolo address Son Goku?

Post by SylentEcho » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:32 am

That is correct. He referred to him as "Son Goku" initially, but later on during Raditz's arrival or so, it became "Son" for the most part and at times "Goku".

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Oh, OK, thanks. :)
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Yeah, I think he started calling him Goku more often once he realized that him and Goku were actually friends instead of just being comrades. He still called him "Son" occasionally though.

gotensottile
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotensottile » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:56 pm

*ahem*
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!