Crossovers

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
SuperForteX
Banned
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:35 am

Crossovers

Post by SuperForteX » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:35 am

Why isn't there a crossovers topic?

Anyway, what do you think would happen if Porky from Mother (Earthbound) appeared in the Dragon Ball world probably during either Emperor Pilaf or during the Red Ribbion Saga, or even if he appeared on Namek during the Freeza saga?

User avatar
kaialone
Regular
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:56 am

Re: Crossovers

Post by kaialone » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Question is, what would Porky intend to do in the Dragon World?And do you mean his Mother 2 self or his Mother 3 self?

If he was his Mother 2 self for example and landed in the Pilaf arc I guess he´d join forces with Pilaf but they´d probably break up later on cause they wont get along that well.I could also see him working for Piccolo Daimao in order to get to rule a tiny part of earth later,though Daimao probably wouldnt let him becaue Porky has no useful qualities for him(come to think of Porky and Pilaf have really similar personalities).

If Porky was his Mother 3 self it would be a completely different story as he has a completely different state of mind than his past self.If he was to land in the Pilaf arc he would maybe try to use the Dagonball for his own goals,maybe to destroy the dragon world,he wanted to end his own world,tpp after all.Or he´d just wish himself back to his own world so he can destroy it like he intended too.Its hard to figure out Mother3!Porkys true motives,so possibilities are endless.

If he would land in the Namek arc though hes toast, Mother2!Porky doenst stand a chance against anybody not even Bulma and I doubt Mother3!Porky´s mecha would hold up against Freeza,Goku etc. and witpout it hes probably not even able to walk.
-凯

User avatar
Michelle91
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15819
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Crossovers

Post by Michelle91 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:38 pm

I wanted to do a Image Comics and Dragon Ball crossover for a long time now since I want to do a crossover that has never been done before, and DBZ is always put against Marvel or DC instead of other American comics. I could never plan out a story without it feeling lame or a knock off of another crossover (Like MVC3 or MKVDCU for example).
She/Her
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea

SuperForteX
Banned
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:35 am

Re: Crossovers

Post by SuperForteX » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Hehe, well Kaialone your post is exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to read. Anyway I think Mother 2 Porky is being a bit underestimated, he's incredibly manipulative, he even worked his way up to being the personal consort of the Ultimate Evil or whatever you consider Gyiyg to be.

Mother 3 Porky had all kinds of dangerous weapons, his statue was nearly undefeatable. His ship (mech walker thingy) has counter psi capabilites, so it could possibly reflect ki blasts. Plus, he's sort of been made immortal by tampering with time.

I never played the fan translation of Mother 3, but wasn't his motivation to end the world so he could finally die? He'd been reduced to a thousand year old child, but because he time-hopped so much, it changed him and trapped him in that form for all eternity?

This is just my own personal theories from playing the game in japanese where I couldn't read anything, and browsing some message board speculation before the folks at Starmen.net released the translation patch. I gotta go back and play through it all again!

If that really was Porky's motivation, it makes his final fate so much more ironic, eh?

User avatar
kaialone
Regular
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:56 am

Re: Crossovers

Post by kaialone » Sun May 01, 2011 4:07 am

SuperForteX wrote:Hehe, well Kaialone your post is exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to read. Anyway I think Mother 2 Porky is being a bit underestimated, he's incredibly manipulative, he even worked his way up to being the personal consort of the Ultimate Evil or whatever you consider Gyiyg to be.
Well, I think if one considers Mother 2 Porky you still have to distinguish between pre-Gyiyg Porky and post-Gyiyg Porky,the turning point of Porky was ,for me, the point when he left Ness after the Happy Happy Village incident,he didnt reallly become his manipukative self after that.And while the english version of the parting scene makes it seem as if Porky was already "evil" at this point the japanese vrsion is kinda ambigious.
SuperForteX wrote: Mother 3 Porky had all kinds of dangerous weapons, his statue was nearly undefeatable. His ship (mech walker thingy) has counter psi capabilites, so it could possibly reflect ki blasts. Plus, he's sort of been made immortal by tampering with time.
The thing is, Would Porky come to the Dragon World on purpose?Or would he be sucked there via Dimension Hole etc?If the former was true he sure would bring his army with him,if the latter is true he´d probably only have his spider mech.And while Porky is mmortal I doubt he ,all by himself,is that strong.And, letsbe honest physical strenght seems to be THE one thing you need to hold up in Dragonball :wink:

SuperForteX wrote: I never played the fan translation of Mother 3, but wasn't his motivation to end the world so he could finally die? He'd been reduced to a thousand year old child, but because he time-hopped so much, it changed him and trapped him in that form for all eternity?

This is just my own personal theories from playing the game in japanese where I couldn't read anything, and browsing some message board speculation before the folks at Starmen.net released the translation patch. I gotta go back and play through it all again!

If that really was Porky's motivation, it makes his final fate so much more ironic, eh?
Actually his intention was to destroy all life EXEPT himself,so he would be the only one left in this world.He is immortal so he would keep on living even if the whole universe was destroyed.He was sick of the world and wanted to create one where "Everyone who hates me is dead!" Dr.Andonuts even comment that Porky´s final fate in the absolue safety capsule in total isolation may just have been what he wished for all along and its even hinted at that he is happy...ina twisted sort of way.
-凯

SuperForteX
Banned
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:35 am

Re: Crossovers

Post by SuperForteX » Sun May 01, 2011 4:36 am

Haha.. that's awesome. There's just so much depth to those games, some people tend to miss it. I guess the ending credits part does kind of hint that Porky's happy in there, doesn't it? Yeah, that's twisted, but not nearly as twisted as what happend with Claus... eh anyway I've managed to get myself completly off topic, so in the spirit of getting back on:

I could picture Porky being formidable whether he came there by accident or on purpose. Even if he arrived there alone with his Spider Mech he could easily join forces with Dr. Gero or something.

Now I'm picturing music for The Greatest Battle or w/e it's called when you fight Porky in Mother 3 going along with DBZ characters fighting Gero-suped-up Pig King Statues and the Ultimate Starman or something wild like that.

Post Reply