Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
- Savage68
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1929
- Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:16 pm
- Location: Baltimore, MD
- Contact:
Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
http://youtu.be/_0Ycy8_bUlw
A video parody of the far too ubiquitous debate. I thought it'd be a good idea to make light of it now, since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere in the near future. Sorry for any problems you have with the lip flaps.
A video parody of the far too ubiquitous debate. I thought it'd be a good idea to make light of it now, since it doesn't seem to be going anywhere in the near future. Sorry for any problems you have with the lip flaps.
- Piccolo Daimao
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8749
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:23 am
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
That was brilliant. Good job. 
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.
-
CatouttaHell
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1164
- Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:26 pm
- Location: Mount Paozu
- Contact:
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
Brilliant indeed. Not trying to turn this thread into an actual debate, but I just feel like pointing out that Anime-wise Gohan seems to be blatantly SSjin 2. Manga-wise of course he's SSjin, which makes no sense to me but I'll shut my mouth now.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
It was like taking a Gohan vs. Dabra thread consisting of 10+ pages in a short video. Nice.
- TrunksTrevelyan0064
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 718
- Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 9:55 am
- Location: The Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
Wow, I never realized how geeky it sounds to pronounce "SSJ" in real life. Especially so many times.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.
- VegettoEX
- Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
- Posts: 17865
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
- Location: New Jersey
- Contact:
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
As opposed to... "Goku" and "Vegeta" and everything else in the series...?TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Wow, I never realized how geeky it sounds to pronounce "SSJ" in real life. Especially so many times.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: April 2026 |] ::
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
The term "SSJ" isn't actually part of the series, though.VegettoEX wrote:As opposed to... "Goku" and "Vegeta" and everything else in the series...?TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Wow, I never realized how geeky it sounds to pronounce "SSJ" in real life. Especially so many times.
What I'm getting at is, since most people just say "Super Saiyan" or "Super Saiya-jin" out loud, when you say "SSJ" it's kind of like saying "Oh-emm-gee" or "Ell-oh-ell." It sounds kinda dumb.
I'm Rosie (she/her
). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago 
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!
I collect and play video games and I'm a VTuber!
Also check out my Super Saiya Densetsu remake project!
- Savage68
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1929
- Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:16 pm
- Location: Baltimore, MD
- Contact:
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
I'd just like to point out that I said it that way on purpose, for comedic effect. 
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
Damn that Gohan really is an asshole.
Great vid Savage68. Since I like the simplest explanations, my current view on what happened is: Toriyama drew him as a SSJ 1, but Daizenshuu 7 retconned it to SSJ 2, due to the sheer stupidity of it.
And yeah the mouth flaps were off at times, but otherwise a funny little video. I certainly had a laugh, when Gohan revealed his true nature!
Great vid Savage68. Since I like the simplest explanations, my current view on what happened is: Toriyama drew him as a SSJ 1, but Daizenshuu 7 retconned it to SSJ 2, due to the sheer stupidity of it.
And yeah the mouth flaps were off at times, but otherwise a funny little video. I certainly had a laugh, when Gohan revealed his true nature!
- TrunksTrevelyan0064
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 718
- Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 9:55 am
- Location: The Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
Thanks, that is indeed what I meantThunderPX wrote:The term "SSJ" isn't actually part of the series, though.VegettoEX wrote:As opposed to... "Goku" and "Vegeta" and everything else in the series...?TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Wow, I never realized how geeky it sounds to pronounce "SSJ" in real life. Especially so many times.
What I'm getting at is, since most people just say "Super Saiyan" or "Super Saiya-jin" out loud, when you say "SSJ" it's kind of like saying "Oh-emm-gee" or "Ell-oh-ell." It sounds kinda dumb.
I think my previous post came across harsher than I intended; I never meant to insult any "geeks" - I am one myself!
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.
- Kingdom Heartless
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3393
- Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
- Location: QLD, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Was Gohan an SSJ1 or an SSJ2 against Dabra?
I think that goes without saying... when you sign up for a fandom forum, they may as well instantly give you a GEEK badge at the door.I think my previous post came across harsher than I intended; I never meant to insult any "geeks" - I am one myself!
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D




