"Sparking!" - Official "I Have It" Topic

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:51 pm

Pilgrim Sun wrote:Find 7 dragonballs and wish for the last battle gate from Shenron.
So you just randomly find them just fighting in the battle gates? (O_o) (Sorry if i sound stupid or annoying)
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:26 pm

AznMastah wrote:So you just randomly find them just fighting in the battle gates? (O_o) (Sorry if i sound stupid or annoying)
Yeah. They're hidden away in buildings and rocks and such; you have to destroy them in order to find the DBs. I just played the Tenshinhan vs. Chiaotzu fight at Kami's Palace a bazillion times and got the same ball over and over until I wished for everything :). In that stage, it's hidden in the middle structure inside the actual, central palace building.

Note that you have to actual walk over top the DB to "pick it up" in order to obtain it. And then win the battle.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:54 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
AznMastah wrote:So you just randomly find them just fighting in the battle gates? (O_o) (Sorry if i sound stupid or annoying)
Yeah. They're hidden away in buildings and rocks and such; you have to destroy them in order to find the DBs. I just played the Tenshinhan vs. Chiaotzu fight at Kami's Palace a bazillion times and got the same ball over and over until I wished for everything :). In that stage, it's hidden in the middle structure inside the actual, central palace building.

Note that you have to actual walk over top the DB to "pick it up" in order to obtain it. And then win the battle.
YAY THANKYOU!!! That helps me out a lot! :D
If I'm dodging i wont get hit, if i'm protecting someone I won't let them die, and if I'm attacking...I WILL CUT YOU!!!!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:50 pm

Is sparking on Gamecube? If I have to buy a platform to play all these DB games I want to buy the one that costs the least. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:20 pm

Dayspring wrote:Is sparking on Gamecube? If I have to buy a platform to play all these DB games I want to buy the one that costs the least. :P
No; it's PS2-only... and quite frankly, due to the massive number of buttons on the controller it uses and the way that it uses them, I don't see it quite working on the Gamecube.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:30 pm

Well, Dayspring, it's not out yet, on the 'Cube, and nobody knows if it will be. So, if you don't have one, you'd be ahead to buy a PS2.

Edit: I knew I shouldn't have waited so long to add the post. :lol:

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:01 am

Finally got my imported copy of Sparking! and man oh man is it great. At first it seemed like the voices were abit off (though this is understandable considering the number of years it's been since this group's done anything majorly Dragon Ball related), but they got right into character(s) quickly. Especially Nozawa. o_o;

Speaking of voices, is Piccolo's voice different from the show? Doesn't sound very much like him.

I really like how they went and made the Super Saiyan hair actually appearing gold rather than try to pull it off as being "blond" (adds more sense as to why Gohan was refered to as the "Golden Warrior" during the Saiyaman bit).

At first it was difficult to adjust to the new controls, but it's easy when you get used to it.

Now all I need is a guide so I know exactly all the stuff I'm getting from these battles cause I can't read a word of Japanese. XD

TheLiveActionAnimeBoy

Post by TheLiveActionAnimeBoy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:22 am

I was going to ask a question on the seiyuus as well. Mr. Popo sounds totally different. I know that Roshi's died sometime after DBZ ended. After I watched my DBZ DVDs again, Piccolo and Vejita sounded the same to me. I thought they sounded different as well at first.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:27 am

Yeah, Popo completely sounds different. Probably just the tone in the voice. Piccolo just sounds completely off. I dunno.

I know that they didn't bother putting an echo or booming noise to Shenlong considering now Shenlong sounds exactly like Alex Louis Armstrong (due to the seiyuu being the very same person who provided both voices).

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:55 pm

Popo is definitely an entirely different voice actor. And if he's not, he's terrible at getting back into the role.

As usual, Hikaru Midorikawa is MIA as #16. But since he's OMGHUGE, that's to be expected.

Does anyone else find Cell to be way off, too? That's can't be Norio Wakamoto doing the cut-scene dialogue. The guy's well in practice, and I've heard him in other recent stuff... and he sounds like Cell no matter what he's doing. This... doesn't sound like Cell.

I can't say I've heard enough of Piccolo to say anything on that, but Toshio Furukawa's been doing all the other games, thus far, and it would be weird to suddenly not have him.

I do have the ending credits ripped, so I should just pull up the specific characters to see what they say for actors :P.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:07 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Does anyone else find Cell to be way off, too? That's can't be Norio Wakamoto doing the cut-scene dialogue. The guy's well in practice, and I've heard him in other recent stuff... and he sounds like Cell no matter what he's doing. This... doesn't sound like Cell.
I just reached Piccolo vs Cell in Battle 07 for the Cell story. And you're absolutely right. He sounds completely off. o_O; Doesn't even sound much like his original voice.

Orochi_Rockman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Orochi_Rockman » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:20 am

I had to switch between all of those lookout fights that had that particular Dragon Ball in it to spice things up a little.

There's too many things to wish for with the Dragon Balls and too few stages that let you collect them...

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:16 am

It becomes a pain to try and get the Dragon Balls for the Ten vs Chaozu fight considering Chaozu likes to fire about a million Ki blasts while you try to grab the ball and then runs away when you get too close, preventing you from keeping the ball due to the timer reaching 0. :s

Orochi_Rockman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Orochi_Rockman » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:51 am

I usually got the Dragon Ball by playing the Yamcha vs Krillin. Krillin doesn't run around like a psycho as much as Chaozu does.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:41 am

VegettoEX wrote:Popo is definitely an entirely different voice actor. And if he's not, he's terrible at getting back into the role.

As usual, Hikaru Midorikawa is MIA as #16. But since he's OMGHUGE, that's to be expected.

Does anyone else find Cell to be way off, too? That's can't be Norio Wakamoto doing the cut-scene dialogue. The guy's well in practice, and I've heard him in other recent stuff... and he sounds like Cell no matter what he's doing. This... doesn't sound like Cell.

I can't say I've heard enough of Piccolo to say anything on that, but Toshio Furukawa's been doing all the other games, thus far, and it would be weird to suddenly not have him.

I do have the ending credits ripped, so I should just pull up the specific characters to see what they say for actors :P.
Yeah, Cell is horrible and way off.

Goku 13

Post by Goku 13 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:15 pm

Cell is bad he sounds really rubbish

AznMastah

Post by AznMastah » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:00 pm

Yeah some of the guys just don't sound the same. Maybe it's cause of the like 8 year break. Haha....everyones getting old and their voices funny (T_T)

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:02 pm

Tsukento wrote:It becomes a pain to try and get the Dragon Balls for the Ten vs Chaozu fight considering Chaozu likes to fire about a million Ki blasts while you try to grab the ball and then runs away when you get too close, preventing you from keeping the ball due to the timer reaching 0. :s
Play as Chaozu instead, worked every time for me. Start of with a Rock Throw/Dodonpa and then fly through the building while he is down. Then just beat him, which is pretty easy as Chaozu.
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:04 pm

I found the Goten vs Gohan battle to be the easiest way just recently. Just fly around, blow rocks up from behind them while targeting Gohan until you find it, then pound away on Gohan. :x

And man oh man..Cell's not that bad. Not after having completed Story Mode. ROSHI is the one who's completely off. Yeah, his original seiyuu died after DBZ. But the one in Sparking! is just awful. His voices comes off too high pitched, making him sound drunk. He sounds better when he deepens his voice, but most of the time he sounds like an annoying old man rather than the wise yet perverted Turtle Hermit we all grew to love over the years.

wannywan
Beyond Newbie

Post by wannywan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:14 pm

I agree with Askani Son, Chaoutzu is better at fighting Tien than vice versa, at lteat until tien gets a bit of space and goes pure ki-ko-ho on my ass!

I've got a question-I've completed all battle gates 100%, finished all world tournaments including Cell Games, beat 20 characters in a row in warrior training to get masters skills, fused all purple potara and the health/attack/ki ones as well....(Phew, out of breath)..

I'm currently getting the last 2 Dragon Wishes.

So my question is; is there anything I can get (potara/anything) for completing Ultimate Battle?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPpkxkjpPg]Picto-hame-ha![/url]