"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:22 am

Saimaroimaru wrote:I wonder if Super Buu Piccolo Absorbed will get an appearance.
Yes.

Next set will includes a new "Fusion" game mechanic and will at least have these guys as new characters (some previously mentioned): SS3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, both of Vegetto's stages, Super Buu with his Gotenks, Piccolo and Gohan absorptions, and...Gotan.

Other images can be found here, but they aren't as interesting IMO: http://carddass-dbz.blogspot.com/
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:23 am

Ahah! Nice! I'm glad to see Gotan and Buu with Piccolo absorbed :D
I wonder what the secret character will be, I hope it's not Chilled, that would be disappointing, since we already know about him. I'd rather have an old what if fusion, you know, Yamhan, Buu with Vegeta absorbed, stuff like that.

Edit 1: I was browsing through the card list and I realized that there's a King Vegeta card that shows Nappa with hair and another Saiyan elite, that is kinda cool, I wish there was a bigger scan of it.

Edit 2: Can't find any transformation card for Piccolo, so they don't seem to acknowledge his fusions, even though it's been stated that they're in the game. I also can't find Mighty Mask Super Saiyan, even though it's also been stated to be in the game by various sources.
Of course I can also not find the avatar cards, but, do they have cards? Or are they just in game?

Edit 3: Nevermind, found the avatar cards, it seems they're so special they're not in the normal card list.

Edit 4: It seems the Japanese DVD for the specials has got the 4 special animated shorts as a bonus:
http://carddass-dbz.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ction.html
Last edited by DNA on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Oh c'mon... why Gotan?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:55 pm

DNA wrote:Edit 2: Can't find any transformation card for Piccolo, so they don't seem to acknowledge his fusions, even though it's been stated that they're in the game. I also can't find Mighty Mask Super Saiyan, even though it's also been stated to be in the game by various sources.
Of course I can also not find the avatar cards, but, do they have cards? Or are they just in game?

Edit 3: Nevermind, found the avatar cards, it seems they're so special they're not in the normal card list.
I don't think there are transformation cards for Piccolo, but they do acknowledge them. Team attacks with certain characters requires you to have one of the 3 specific versions of Piccolo, I just don't think they gave him transformation cards because they aren't really transformations... SS Mighty Mash is in set 4, page 2 if I remember correctly, too lazy to check. And yes, the avatar cards are special because they have multiple functions that are different from the regular cards.
hlev wrote:Oh c'mon... why Gotan?
Why not? He's been in most of their previous games. Just seems like common sense by this point...

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:39 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don't think there are transformation cards for Piccolo, but they do acknowledge them. Team attacks with certain characters requires you to have one of the 3 specific versions of Piccolo, I just don't think they gave him transformation cards because they aren't really transformations... SS Mighty Mash is in set 4, page 2 if I remember correctly, too lazy to check. And yes, the avatar cards are special because they have multiple functions that are different from the regular cards.
Oh I see, that makes sense. Also I found Mighty Mask, you got to pay attention or else you miss it, he just looks regular.

Christ, I can't find decent versions of the animations without being crammed with watermarks by the dickhead who stole it and uploaded it to youtube, it's not like they actually own the fucking video.

Also, a question about the song, I'm not sure about it, but it seems it's a bit different, at least from the first video to the others, am I wrong?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:20 pm

DNA wrote:Christ, I can't find decent versions of the animations without being crammed with watermarks by the dickhead who stole it and uploaded it to youtube, it's not like they actually own the fucking video.

Also, a question about the song, I'm not sure about it, but it seems it's a bit different, at least from the first video to the others, am I wrong?
Thank Tanooki Kuribo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mR_xBe2QB8 I dunno, the songs all sound the same to me... then again, I don't really care. I'm so tired of hearing it, it isn't even funny. lol

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:30 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Thank Tanooki Kuribo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mR_xBe2QB8
Oh, nice, I'd prefer them separate, but that's pretty good quality right there. Thanks Tanooki Kuribo!
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I dunno, the songs all sound the same to me... then again, I don't really care. I'm so tired of hearing it, it isn't even funny. lol
Ahah, really? I love the song, I think it's really catchy :P

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:00 pm

DNA wrote:Oh, nice, I'd prefer them separate, but that's pretty good quality right there. Thanks Tanooki Kuribo!
You can always download them and separate them yourself. I plan to do that myself once the flash grabber I use is updated to work with my version of Firefox. lol
DNA wrote:Ahah, really? I love the song, I think it's really catchy :P
It was, the first million times I heard in with the different commercials and player videos...but now its nearly two years later and its still everywhere. It wouldn't kill them to remix it or create a second song or something. lol

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Well, could do that, but the beginning of the Freeza video is cut so... there is that.

And you're right, it's been 2 years, they should at least have released the full song! Lol.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:27 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Saimaroimaru wrote:I wonder if Super Buu Piccolo Absorbed will get an appearance.
Yes.

Next set will includes a new "Fusion" game mechanic and will at least have these guys as new characters (some previously mentioned): SS3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, both of Vegetto's stages, Super Buu with his Gotenks, Piccolo and Gohan absorptions, and...Gotan.
Sorry if this is an annoying question but what is with the two cards of Super Buu? That being said I want this game now.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote:Sorry if this is an annoying question but what is with the two cards of Super Buu? That being said I want this game now.
Its normal for sets to have multiple cards of new characters/forms, but I'm assuming you didn't notice the backgrounds on these 'ens? They're part of the new "Fusion" mechanic. The magazine showed off three Super Buu cards, and each one, when paired with the appropriate character, allows him to absorb them and transform. Each card depicts regular Super Buu, but then has the fused form's outline behind him. One is Gotenks absorbed, the next being Piccolo absorbed, and the final one being Gohan absorbed.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:03 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Saimaroimaru wrote:Sorry if this is an annoying question but what is with the two cards of Super Buu? That being said I want this game now.
Its normal for sets to have multiple cards of new characters/forms, but I'm assuming you didn't notice the backgrounds on these 'ens? They're part of the new "Fusion" mechanic. The magazine showed off three Super Buu cards, and each one, when paired with the appropriate character, allows him to absorb them and transform. Each card depicts regular Super Buu, but then has the fused form's outline behind him. One is Gotenks absorbed, the next being Piccolo absorbed, and the final one being Gohan absorbed.
Ah thanks.

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:41 am

I'm working on a new Dragon Ball-related video project and I'm looking for high quality, watermark-free footage (both animated and in-game) of SSJ3 Trunks and SSJ Bardock. Does anybody know where I could find some ?
The résistance dies but never gives up.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:06 am

LaRésistance wrote:I'm working on a new Dragon Ball-related video project and I'm looking for high quality, watermark-free footage (both animated and in-game) of SSJ3 Trunks and SSJ Bardock. Does anybody know where I could find some ?
Youtube. The closest thing you'll get to high quality version so SS3 Trunks' animation is a few posts up in the link I gave for all the new animated trailers, there isn't any for SS Bardock. As for in-game footage, the official site has sucky quality and it is a pain to rip, so Youtube is really your only option. Just do a search on the game, and if you don't find what you like, look up the kanji and search it in Japanese.

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:28 am

I guess I'll have to rip videos from the official website (I have done it before so it won't be too hard). As for YouTube, I've already looked but so far I haven't found what I was looking for. Thanks for the help anyway.

EDIT : While looking at previous posts, I may have found something I can use.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm starting to get pretty ill from that song...... That's even more horrible then the second ending of Kai.
Everytime I hear these tracks, Suicide Circle movie comes into my mind.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 pm

DNA wrote:Edit 4: It seems the Japanese DVD for the specials has got the 4 special animated shorts as a bonus:
http://carddass-dbz.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ction.html
Do the message of Akira Toriyama say anything about the game or Episode of Bardock?
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:55 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
And to piggy-back this, despite both Majin Boo - Bad cards sharing the same name and move (Assault Rain), they have different stats, abilities, and card types (one is a Hero while the other is an Elite).

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:30 am

... i love the trailers, on youtube some of them were posted with HD tags etc.,
does anyone know from what source they got this material?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:49 am

http://bandaitv.jp/streaming/dbh6tvcm_hnju.asx

New promo commercial for card set 6. It features new bits of animation that will inevitably be revealed to part of a bigger commercial, though from the looks of things, not that interesting. Features Goku, Vegeta, "Hero" and Gohan Buu, and our two main characters fusing into Vegetto to combat the new threat (like I haven't seen that before, though I always welcome new Vegetto animation). In-game they show SS Vegetto beating up Piccolo Buu, who still has those hideous purple pants. :roll:

Something to note though; the arcade machine, when featured in the commercials, typically shows off animation from the newest commercial. Well, this time, it showed off a panning shot of the Saiyan avatars, male and female. I'm wondering if they are going to introduce avatar Fusions as their gimmick this time around....