Nicktoons to start showing Dragon Ball Z Movies September 7!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Re: Nicktoons to start showing Dragon Ball Z Movies Septembe

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Well I can deal with it, the movies were gonna get me through the week though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqAH0FVkJfw

^ Just me being silly about the movie not airing.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:11 pm

For some reason I see this being a ratings stunt by Nicktoons. Either that or the redub theory, or maybe they asked for the consistent score with Kai. I'd love to see the movie with the Kikuchi score.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 pm

SRB2Unleashed wrote:Well I can deal with it, the movies were gonna get me through the week though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqAH0FVkJfw

^ Just me being silly about the movie not airing.
Yeah really, I've been looking forward to this all week to cheer me up for having to go back to school.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:48 pm

Well, that's a shame. I guess I can delete it off my DVR. Oh well! Castor Troy got me DBox 6 for my birthday so I have a lot of DBZ to hold me over!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

redlinks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redlinks » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:57 am

penguintruth wrote:I'm not interested in anything featuring Naldony as Gohan or Vollmer as Bulma, and with the usual terrible translation.
I agree. The movies need a redub with accurate translations. And why not redub the movies to match up with the Kai voices? It'll only confuse the new fans.
- Been a Dragon Ball fan ever since 1995 (at the time, I was 7 years old).
- I prefer Saffron Henderson's Kid Gohan and Kid Goku over Stephanie Nadolny's.
- I still hope for a redub of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z with FUNimation's current cast.
- I prefer to watch Dragon Ball Z with the Faulconer Score, however I do not mind the original Japanese score.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:13 am

Nicktoons: DBZ Movies starting with Broly.

Fans: Yay!

==Time to air Movie==

Movie: Trololololololololololomorekaiepsodestrolololololo.

Fans: FUUUUUUUU!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote:...Trololololololololololomorekaiepsodestrolololololo...
What the hell? I keep seeing people saying "Nicktoons is trolling fans". I hope this is just a running joke and not what people actually think.

This wasn't some dick move from Nicktoons just to piss off fans, this was just a last minute decision from someone from the network not to air this. Why? I don't know. If I had to guess I would assume when they got the edited version of the movie they just assumed "edited" meant it was on par with the DBZK edits. When they realized it wasn't well, perhaps they needed to edit it further?

I know my theory has a few holes like "don't they check this stuff before advertising it"? Sure, the reasons why they didn't air this is debatable. You wanna say this was done because you think maybe they wanted to redub some stuff? Fine. I wouldn't agree with you but it would make more sense than "because Nicktoons is trolling fans". They know these movies would bring in high ratings so, for them to pull this last minute, it had to be.... something...

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Yeah; Tanooki, Kendamu and I were discussing the possibility that it has to do with further edits being requested. Hoenstly, this wouldn't surprise me. I believe someone even mentioned earlier in this thread that the trailer showed unusually violent content per Nicktoons DBZK standards. And as for those who would say normally they check these things, well, they don't have a great track record. These bizarre retroactive uncensorings and less-edited-recaps prove that their quality control department isn't exactly top-notch.

I would hope this isn't the case and they were just trollin', but I'm not holding my breath.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
What the hell? I keep seeing people saying "Nicktoons is trolling fans". I hope this is just a running joke and not what people actually think.

This wasn't some dick move from Nicktoons just to piss off fans, this was just a last minute decision from someone from the network not to air this. Why? I don't know. If I had to guess I would assume when they got the edited version of the movie they just assumed "edited" meant it was on par with the DBZK edits. When they realized it wasn't well, perhaps they needed to edit it further?

I know my theory has a few holes like "don't they check this stuff before advertising it"? Sure, the reasons why they didn't air this is debatable. You wanna say this was done because you think maybe they wanted to redub some stuff? Fine. I wouldn't agree with you but it would make more sense than "because Nicktoons is trolling fans". They know these movies would bring in high ratings so, for them to pull this last minute, it had to be.... something...
2003: Oh, crap! The Big O finale wasn't aired! They must have messed up or something :(

2011: Oh, crap! The Broly movie wasn't aired! They're trolling us!!!111 FUUUUUUU

I hate this new world and it's "big companies are screwing us over mentality" =/

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:56 pm

I was joking about being trolled, I mean there was an episode delay with Kai, mix up like these just happen.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Here's an interesting little tidbit from my Cable company. They still list both Fusion Reborn and Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan as airing tonight. Yet for Fusion reborn, they list Masako Nozawa and Takeshi Kusao as actors! Seems someone there knows their stuff! :P

Or just looked it up on Wikipedia. I'm hoping for the former! :D
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:59 pm

That's a shame that they not play Movie 8 and Movie 12 on Nicktoons. I was hoping that they would show Movie 1-3 as well since it been a while since I watch them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dragonpiece
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonpiece » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:39 pm

A official source tells me Dragon Ball Z movie 9 is still airing tonight, but I haven't seen any promo's today so he may be wrong though. Let's hope for the best!
Twitter.com/Dragonpiece

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:42 pm

I honestly doubt Fusion Reborn is gonna air, we'll find out in 17 minutes.

EDIT: ...Told ya.

dragonpiece
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonpiece » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Yep, I was wrong it seems. Anyways, I looked through the official Nickelodeon Twitter to try finding any info about why they delayed the movies and here is something I found..

"Unfortunately they(DBZ Movies 8 and 11) will not be(airing), there's a been a couple of schedule changes. Will have more info soon."

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/NickelodeonTV/sta ... 0390266880
Twitter.com/Dragonpiece

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Meanwhile on Dragonball Z Kai :lol: I wish they could stick with their schedule.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I know my theory has a few holes like "don't they check this stuff before advertising it"?...
Eh, wouldn't be too far-fetched. Let's not forget that 4Kids bought "One Piece" without even watching it.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:46 pm

I can't believe they didn't show it. If they did take it out to make it more like kai with new voices and music, I would understand. But I know they won't do that. :evil: The more likely reason is they totally nerfed the action scenes and bloody parts. Oh plus the nudie parts. I'm just going to pull out my blu-rays and have a marathon of movies.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:37 am

Paradox295 wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:

2003: Oh, crap! The Big O finale wasn't aired! They must have messed up or something :(

2011: Oh, crap! The Broly movie wasn't aired! They're trolling us!!!111 FUUUUUUU

I hate this new world and it's "big companies are screwing us over mentality" =/
I was joking, lol. You're taking my post too seriously.
Last edited by Saimaroimaru on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Maybe they have not show them yet due to editing issues? Trying to edit things before they can finally released them on TV?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/