Did Piccolo care for other Namekians?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Did Piccolo care for other Namekians?

Post by Nazi Cola » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Before he merged with Kami, did Piccolo care about his fellow Namekians? I don't have the Viz or an actual translation of the page below, so I'm not sure.

http://i54.tinypic.com/8ygox5.jpg
Last edited by Nazi Cola on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Did Piccolo care for other Namekians?

Post by Herms » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:06 pm

I can feel the Namek-seijin blood that has been shed
Should be something like "Is the Namekian blood flowing inside me making me feel that way?"

Those scans a) are illegal b) have godawful translations c) look like complete shit. Please don't use them as sources for anything, ever.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Herms wrote:
I can feel the Namek-seijin blood that has been shed
Should be something like "Is the Namekian blood flowing inside me making me feel that way?"
Which brings me to ask, what way is he speaking about?
Those scans a) are illegal b) look like complete shit c) have godawful translations. Please don't use them as sources for anything, ever.
Illegal as in I can't post them here?

Yeah, I was just using an image someone else linked to. I replaced it with one from the tankoubon now, if that's any better. I normally don't use fanslations, but I don't have the Viz page, sorry.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Don't worry about it too much; nobody's going to system-warn or ban you for posting ONE page for the purpose of asking a question.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:Which brings me to ask, what way is he speaking about?
Nostalgic.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:39 am

He probably does feel a certain closeness, them being his people and all.

Still, we didn't see him get too emotional about Freeza's massacre, though he does want to avenge them (but I'm not sure how much that was Nail's wish.) However, he didn't seem too upset when Freeza killed Dende. After that, he does stay at Bulma's until they leave earth. Seeing how he prefers to stay alone, that is something (unless he was actually waiting for Goku. )
And there was that quote about him not caring much for their peaceful lifestyle.

NANLIT
Beyond Newbie

Post by NANLIT » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:40 am

Michsi wrote:He probably does feel a certain closeness, them being his people and all.

Still, we didn't see him get too emotional about Freeza's massacre, though he does want to avenge them (but I'm not sure how much that was Nail's wish.) However, he didn't seem too upset when Freeza killed Dende. After that, he does stay at Bulma's until they leave earth. Seeing how he prefers to stay alone, that is something (unless he was actually waiting for Goku. )
And there was that quote about him not caring much for their peaceful lifestyle.
Or perhaps it was Nail who wished to be with his fellow Namekians before they left for a new planet and Piccolo stayed behind.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Before fusing with Nail not really, after definitely.