Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Z Volume Seven Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Z Volume Seven Discussion

Post by BobZ » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:31 am

Well, certainly that's not a global Dragon Box problem. Many other members have finished their Boxes already and have reported no problems, so most probably I am one of the very few unlucky ones to get a faulty disc. :)

MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MoltenMan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:25 am

I put in my first disc of box seven and checked out a few episodes and never had a problem. Must just be an isolated thing.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 am

I got faulty Disc 36, fortunately, Planetaxel send me unscrathed disc, and now i have complete Dragon Box Z :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

falle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by falle » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Yes - nu med Level 1.1 !

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Where is the GT preview at on the last disc? I waited until after the credits rolled and it just brought me back to the home menu.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:41 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Where is the GT preview at on the last disc? I waited until after the credits rolled and it just brought me back to the home menu.
It should be right after the ending of the last episode.
She/Her
The coolest girl you know

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Does it skip over it the way it does the NEPs when you select English as your primary language?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:44 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Where is the GT preview at on the last disc? I waited until after the credits rolled and it just brought me back to the home menu.
Did you watch it in Japanese?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 5/27/24!)
Current Episode: Kuririn the Plot Device - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 4

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Only work with the Japanese track. The English track automatically skip all previews.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:52 pm

I heard there was a "7th box slightly taller than the rest" problem.

Do the newer sets have the problem fixed?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:46 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:I heard there was a "7th box slightly taller than the rest" problem.

Do the newer sets have the problem fixed?
Nope. I just got mine yesterday and it's slightly taller than the rest. Because my DBoxes aren't at eye level on my shelf unless I'm sitting, I didn't even notice until I looked at my shelf just now so I could give you an answer.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:51 am

Kendamu wrote:Nope. I just got mine yesterday and it's slightly taller than the rest. Because my DBoxes aren't at eye level on my shelf unless I'm sitting, I didn't even notice until I looked at my shelf just now so I could give you an answer.
Mine's slightly taller, too.

I wouldn't consider this a problem at all, it looks fine despite being a bit taller than the other boxes.

My Dragon Box 7 was one of the early boxes, I pre-ordered back in July and then on 10th October I received an email about being shipped. I've been watching all discs and no errors.

Photo:

Now then, FUNimation, the I want the rest of the other Dragon Boxes! :D
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:00 am

Just recieved mine today, so my collection is now complete:

The spine on mine is slightly taller as well. Hardly a concern for me but it is odd.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:27 am

Krycek7o2 wrote:
Only work with the Japanese track. The English track automatically skip all previews.
Thats strange, because when I watch the DBOXs with the dub I get the episode previews.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:30 am

ringworm128 wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:
Thats strange, because when I watch the DBOXs with the dub I get the episode previews.
Do you actually switch the audio in the menu, or do you just hit "play all" and switch the audio with your remote?
-Joey

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:33 am

I use my PS3 controller to change the audio.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:47 am

ringworm128 wrote:I use my PS3 controller to change the audio.
That is why you get the NEP. If you switched the audio through the menu you wouldn't see the NEP.

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Got my Dbox 7 in the post today. Kind of annoying though I opened it and one of the disc holder's was broken (The Vegito disc was lying upside on the other side). I brought this from Amazon BTW so that might have been the reason that the item was under review. Took 8 days to come, now I got to ship it back which may take a week, than they'll probably take over a week. So that's 2-3 weeks until I'll have it back :/

SSJ2 Dark

Post by SSJ2 Dark » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:38 am

PuppetDoctor wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:I use my PS3 controller to change the audio.
That is why you get the NEP. If you switched the audio through the menu you wouldn't see the NEP.
I was curious about this too. Does anyone know what the menu option is changing that the remote audio switch does not? I don't think it's the video track.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:30 pm

It's fairly simple. When you choose the audio option from the menu, it sends a flag to the player that you are watching in that specific language and uses information programmed to that language while you are watching. In this case, it tells the player to skip the previews if you are watching in English. However, if you change audio on the fly while you're watching, that flag is not sent. If you change to English on the fly, the player still thinks you're watching in Japanese and plays all the elements that would play in Japanese, except with an English audio track.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 5/27/24!)
Current Episode: Kuririn the Plot Device - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 4