DragonBall Z Kai TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai\Vortex)

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zarathustra
Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Kai - TV Network Version (CW4Kids\Toonzai)

Post by Zarathustra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:17 pm

No new episodes on the horizon, I'm assuming??

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:39 pm

My guess is October 15, so they can premiere it with Yugioh Zexal.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:12 am

It is still re-runs for Dragon Ball Kai and the funny thing is next week is Episode 19 the episode that they began airing the re-runs with after episode 52. I don't think there will be new episodes at this rate until the new year.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:35 am

Yeah, I think so, too. What's taking them so long?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 am

Why are people interested if new episodes air on Toonzai? Their edits are gross.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:41 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Why are people interested if new episodes air on Toonzai? Their edits are gross.
I guess that's exactly why we are interested in it.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:48 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Why are people interested if new episodes air on Toonzai? Their edits are gross.
That's the whole point. It's to see and compare with the Nicktoons / Uncut versions.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Heh, regarding their silly edits, it's actually funny to see them.

Like Gohan's retarded eye. :lol:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Should of just given him an eye patch.

Would of surely looked less "Retarded".
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

funrush

Post by funrush » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Because there are some people who don't have Nicktoons, otherwise, really nothing.

Samwize78
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Samwize78 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Honestly my guess is that they're waiting for the Nicktoons episodes to wrap up so that they can play episodes 53 - 98 in one long, final run.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Samwize78 wrote:Honestly my guess is that they're waiting for the Nicktoons episodes to wrap up so that they can play episodes 53 - 98 in one long, final run.
Nicktoons' airs all 98 episodes with the FUNimation dub and then will Ocean Dub finally appear? Better wait and see, but wouldn't hold my breath.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:50 pm

My theory is BS&P is giving them hell and the editors aren't done yet.

That or 4kids couldn't afford any more episodes with the financial craphole they're in.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Yay this is just like the old days when the first 52 episodes of Z was rerun for 2-3 years before new episodes came out :D Brings back so many memories good thing i have a computer to watch the Kai premieres on nicktoons.com

funrush

Post by funrush » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:36 pm

I kind of do get what's going on. This is a guess, but maybe it's more crap with the Yamamoto score? Last I checked, they're still playing Yamamoto score for episodes 53-63 on Nicktoons. Maybe they still have to go through stuff with getting it ready for TV?

Samwize78
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Samwize78 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:41 pm

funrush wrote:I kind of do get what's going on. This is a guess, but maybe it's more crap with the Yamamoto score? Last I checked, they're still playing Yamamoto score for episodes 53-63 on Nicktoons. Maybe they still have to go through stuff with getting it ready for TV?
That could very well be the case.

Speaking of which, has anyone else here who watches the Toonzai episodes noticed that they play the Yamamoto score in random places? Like they will come back from a commercial of an episode that has Kikuchi's music, but from the time they're back from commercials they have the Yamamoto music playing with whatever scenes they air, then go to commercials, then come back, and it's Kikuchi again. And then when they show reruns of that episode, the music is fixed!

Am I making sense? o.O

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Doesn't 4Kids/Toonzai get their footage from FUNimation? How come it's so messed up? Oh, it's 4Kids.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:55 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Doesn't 4Kids/Toonzai get their footage from FUNimation? How come it's so messed up? Oh, it's 4Kids.
They get their footage from FUNimation, so it's 4Kids' fault?

funrush

Post by funrush » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Samwize78 wrote:
funrush wrote:I kind of do get what's going on. This is a guess, but maybe it's more crap with the Yamamoto score? Last I checked, they're still playing Yamamoto score for episodes 53-63 on Nicktoons. Maybe they still have to go through stuff with getting it ready for TV?
That could very well be the case.

Speaking of which, has anyone else here who watches the Toonzai episodes noticed that they play the Yamamoto score in random places? Like they will come back from a commercial of an episode that has Kikuchi's music, but from the time they're back from commercials they have the Yamamoto music playing with whatever scenes they air, then go to commercials, then come back, and it's Kikuchi again. And then when they show reruns of that episode, the music is fixed!

Am I making sense? o.O
Yes, and I have noticed that as well.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:43 pm

So I was really bored this morning so I wanted to see how bad the Toonzai edits were. What was annoying to me was the constant commercial breaks. Anyways episode 40 was on one part had Yamamoto on it randomly, it went to commercial in the middle of the scene and when it came back on it was in the middle of a Kikuchi track O.o
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT