Theory of Fusionisted Names

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegito

Theory of Fusionisted Names

Post by Vegito » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:54 am

Oh well, I was very confused about the real name of Vegito (Vegitto, Vegeto, Vegetto...) it's long long time (and sorry for my 'Vegito' incorrect nickname V.V thanks to FUNimation).

But I think I have my own theory to his original name, and that's what I think it is right.
Check it out.

Japanese-Romaji
Bejita/Kakarotto - [e][j]ta/Kakarot[t][o] = Bejito
Gokû/Bejita - [G][o]kû/Be[j][t][a] = Gojita

American-English
Vegeta/Kakarot - [V][e][g][e]ta/Kakar[o][t] = Vegeot (?O_o;).
Goku/Vegeta - [G][o]ku - Ve[g][e][t][a] = Gogeta (That's alright).

Conclusion
BEJI-TO [BEJIta/KakarotTO] = 4 Letters at First/2 at Last
GO-JITA [GOkû/BeJITA] = 4 Letters at Last/2 at First

What do you think? not make a sense? :?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:20 pm

I don't know if that's so much a theory as opposed to what it actually is ^^;;.

The only one that makes no sense is FUNimation's "Vejito"... considering they don't spell "Vegeta" with a "j" in there (nor an "i"), and they don't keep the "-to" on the end of "Kakarot". Why on earth they didn't stick with "Vegetto" is beyond me.

The only thing you're missing is that Vegeta's name is romanized as "bejîta" (ベジータ).

ベジータ (bejîta) + カカロット (kakarotto) = ベジット (bejitto)

空 (goku) + ベジータ (bejîta) = ゴジータ (gojiita)

Hopefully I didn't mess any of that up...!

And then depending on how *you* (being a general, individual "you") choose to romanize and spell names, you'd spell the fusion names accordingly. For example, if you spell the name as "Vejita", it would make sense for you to spell the fusion as "Gojita".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:31 pm

The only one that makes no sense is FUNimation's "Vejito"... considering they don't spell "Vegeta" with a "j" in there (nor an "i"), and they don't keep the "-to" on the end of "Kakarot". Why on earth they didn't stick with "Vegetto" is beyond me.
FUNi spells it Vejito? That's odd, 'cause in all the Budokai games it's spelled as Vegito.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:35 pm

I didn't know there was any science behind it, I thought Toriyama-sensei just put some names together.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Vegito

Post by Vegito » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:18 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I don't know if that's so much a theory as opposed to what it actually is ^^;;.

The only thing you're missing is that Vegeta's name is romanized as "bejîta" (ベジータ).

ベジータ (bejîta) + カカロット (kakarotto) = ベジット (bejitto)

空 (goku) + ベジータ (bejîta) = ゴジータ (gojiita)

Hopefully I didn't mess any of that up...!

And then depending on how *you* (being a general, individual "you") choose to romanize and spell names, you'd spell the fusion names accordingly. For example, if you spell the name as "Vejita", it would make sense for you to spell the fusion as "Gojita".
Oh, so that's because the user 'Bejiita' has not registered as 'Bejita'. I didn't knew that romanized "î" is two "i" in english :\
So that's explain it all, right?

Gokû = Gokuu (But it's also Gokou O.o; )
Bejîta = Bejiita
Adobenchâ = Adobenchaa
Doragonbôru = Doraonbouru

VegettoEX wrote:ベジータ (bejîta) + カカロット (kakarotto) = ベジット (bejitto)
It is not Bejiitto?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:19 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:FUNi spells it Vejito? That's odd, 'cause in all the Budokai games it's spelled as Vegito.
Yeah, I think that's what I meant ^^;;. Once again shows how much attention I pay to their recent stuff...
Vegito wrote:It is not Bejiitto?
Nope, it's actually indeed bejitto. It takes the double "tt" (and the "o", obviously) from "Kakarotto", but knocks off the elongated "i" from "bejiita".

From daizenshuu #2:

It's written out as "chou [suupaa] bejitto". The ッ before the ト indicates that you elongate/double the first/hard/"consonant" part of that next character. Compared this to the ー, which indicates that you elongate/double the previous character's sound (usually a "vowel" sound by itself).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:52 pm

So long as we're discussing theories regarding Fusion names . . .

One theory I heard regarding the names themselves is that for the Potara fusion the name of the fused entity begins with the weaker character's name, while for a Fusion Dance character the name begins with the name of whomever makes up the stronger half.

I don't know whether or not this theory is something that has an "official" standing or any basis in fact at all. It's a fun idea, but self-conflicting; it works out for Vegetto, but not quite for Gotenks, since I believe it was said a number of times that Trunks was just a little stronger than Goten because he was a year older. Has anyone else come across this theory?

Additional nonsense: This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the formation of the name itself, but something that always irritated me to no end was when someone would pronounce Vegetto as Vuh-GET-to ("get" as in "get outta here!")

EDIT: Let's give it up for EX for taking the time to give us that fascinating demonstration behind the proper translation of his namesake. Whoo!

(Li'l Lemmy, the shining beacon of ignorance.)
Last edited by Li'l Lemmy on Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:20 pm

Vegito wrote:Gokû = Gokuu (But it's also Gokou O.o; )
Actually it's not Gokou, it's Gokuu, just like you wrote. The hiragana for the kanji 空, is clearly くう which is pronounced kuu. I know the spelling 'Gokou' was mostly used by Bandai and other Japanese companies when they're trying to spell Goku in English. Unfortunately the correct romanized spelling is Gokuu which most shorten to Goku since the u is mostly silent. Which is why I've never really liked it when people use Gokou instead of Gokuu of Goku, but I can't stop 'em.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:55 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote: One theory I heard regarding the names themselves is that for the Potara fusion the name of the fused entity begins with the weaker character's name, while for a Fusion Dance character the name begins with the name of whomever makes up the stronger half.
That would imply that Goten is stronger than Trunks, which isn't the case. They were at an equal level, or else the fusion dance wouldn't work. Added to that, Trunks is often mentioned to be stronger than Goten.

Concerning Vegetto, he just made his name up on the spot: he said something along the lines of "Vegeta and Kakarotto, eh? ...Then I guess that would make me Vegetto!"
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:17 pm

Hujio wrote:
Vegito wrote:Gokû = Gokuu (But it's also Gokou O.o; )
Actually it's not Gokou, it's Gokuu, just like you wrote. The hiragana for the kanji 空, is clearly くう which is pronounced kuu. I know the spelling 'Gokou' was mostly used by Bandai and other Japanese companies when they're trying to spell Goku in English. Unfortunately the correct romanized spelling is Gokuu which most shorten to Goku since the u is mostly silent. Which is why I've never really liked it when people use Gokou instead of Gokuu of Goku, but I can't stop 'em.
If it was written as "Go-kou", wouldn't that completely change the pronounciation? It would be like "Go-ko", wouldn't it? If that's the case, I don't know how anyone could have made that misinterpretation.
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:33 pm

It would indeed completely change the pronounciation of his name. Which is why I don't like it when people use it. They might as well just write Gokew or something along those lines. :lol:
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:22 pm

Gokew
:lol:
That would imply that Goten is stronger than Trunks, which isn't the case. They were at an equal level, or else the fusion dance wouldn't work. Added to that, Trunks is often mentioned to be stronger than Goten.
Gotenks was simply the product of Goten and Trunks making up a name for their fusion. I don't think it has anything to do with power, just what sounds...well, not weird...
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Vegito

Post by Vegito » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:24 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote:FUNi spells it Vejito? That's odd, 'cause in all the Budokai games it's spelled as Vegito.
Yeah, I think that's what I meant ^^;;. Once again shows how much attention I pay to their recent stuff...
Vegito wrote:It is not Bejiitto?
Nope, it's actually indeed bejitto. It takes the double "tt" (and the "o", obviously) from "Kakarotto", but knocks off the elongated "i" from "bejiita".

From daizenshuu #2:

It's written out as "chou [suupaa] bejitto". The ッ before the ト indicates that you elongate/double the first/hard/"consonant" part of that next character. Compared this to the ー, which indicates that you elongate/double the previous character's sound (usually a "vowel" sound by itself).
Finally got it. Thanks Veg! :P

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:31 am

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:
Gokew
:lol:
Gotenks was simply the product of Goten and Trunks making up a name for their fusion. I don't think it has anything to do with power, just what sounds...well, not weird...
Plus: Didn't Bulma (or Chichi, I havent seen these episodes in awhile) try making up names for their fusion and came up with "Trunkten" or something ridiculous? If anything, it's for flow of name in my opinion.

ItsAllGood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ItsAllGood » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:09 am

One theory I heard regarding the names themselves is that for the Potara fusion the name of the fused entity begins with the weaker character's name, while for a Fusion Dance character the name begins with the name of whomever makes up the stronger half - Lil' Lemmy

I think that's a very good way of looking at it, but I think you may have got the two mixed up. Take Gogeta for example. He displayed characteristics that were dominant in Goku, ie- quick swift and serious fighting, no joking around.

Vegetto, on the otherhand, played around with his opponents, and was much more arrogant, much like Vegeta. Therefore, I believe the first part of the name is the dominant fighter in the particular fusion. Gotenks was also the same, with his playing around and taunting of his oponents too.

The only one I cant figure out is SSJ4 Gogeta from GT. Whether Goku or Vegeta were dominant, I cant tell! :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:47 pm

ItsAllGood wrote:One theory I heard regarding the names themselves is that for the Potara fusion the name of the fused entity begins with the weaker character's name, while for a Fusion Dance character the name begins with the name of whomever makes up the stronger half - Lil' Lemmy

I think that's a very good way of looking at it, but I think you may have got the two mixed up. Take Gogeta for example. He displayed characteristics that were dominant in Goku, ie- quick swift and serious fighting, no joking around.

Vegetto, on the otherhand, played around with his opponents, and was much more arrogant, much like Vegeta. Therefore, I believe the first part of the name is the dominant fighter in the particular fusion. Gotenks was also the same, with his playing around and taunting of his oponents too.

The only one I cant figure out is SSJ4 Gogeta from GT. Whether Goku or Vegeta were dominant, I cant tell! :?
Uh, I disproved that theory in my first post... :?

Gogeta was cocky in GT because he was a Gotenks rip-off (which is why you can't figure out who he's like-he's neither Goku nor Vegeta). In Movie 12, I find he's like Vegeta vs any opponent who's weaker than him. Goku likes to fight, so he doesn't end the battle ASAP if he doesn't need to. In fact, Goku isn't the way you described him at all, otherwise none of his battles would be interesting.

As for Vegetto's cockyness, he was simply trying to chide Buu into assimilating him. IE: there's was a purpose behind it.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

ItsAllGood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ItsAllGood » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:43 pm

I was actually refering to Vegeta's cockyness during the Android Saga, where he taunted Android 19. But this was, as you have stated, because he was stronger than him and could afford to taunt his opponent. The same goes for Second Form Cell, too. In both instances, Vegeta was stronger.

I stand corrected. :D

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:38 am

VegettoEX wrote:

Then....doesn't that mean your username is spelled wrong :D?
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.