Shueisha DBZ "Animanga" Volumes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nyogo » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:08 am

Here's a picture of the next volume's cover art. Looks nice.

If you ever want to check out a few scans from the anime comics, then I'd suggest going to http://books.shueisha.co.jp/ and search for the Dragon Ball books.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:11 pm

When colored chapters were first produced in the JP Shonen Jump, were they left colored in the volume format? I hate the fact that the US's version volume's previously colored chapters were left uncolored.

>< A bit off-topic, but we are talking about colored manga, right? :P
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:21 pm

And on the tankoubon books the coloured pages are in grey, you can tell they are supposed to be in colour because of the shading and that.

How come man? We should get coloured pages on there too!
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

mrkitano

Post by mrkitano » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:32 pm

I don't know if anyone has doubts from seeing the picture posted earlier, but these are simply TV series versions of the movies' old anime comics; screencaps reorganized into manga format with word ballons and onomatopeia, just like the manga. Traditionally, the plus these releases have is a double poster, cool covers, and a few pages, around 10, before each story, of "Character Guides". The Character Guides are character designs and profiles of each character, and some other information. The main course is the anime itself told in screencaps. Not really worth it if you have the series or the movies, unless of course you're the collector type, and these books look very nice indeed.

I've got two of these anime comics, corresponding to Dragonball movie 3 and DBZ movie 12. Used to have the Baadack TV special anime comic, which included a geneological tree of Baadack's family in the character guide section (but I've offered it to my girlfriend at the time).

About the Viz version. If their source is the Tankoubon, they probably haven't got the coloured pages...

On the other hand, in Spain, next March, Planeta deAgostini announced the release of the Kanzenban. Good news, for those of you who read Spanish. Although I'm not happy with Planeta's first translation... Let's see if it's really worth it.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:46 pm

On the other hand, in Spain, next March, Planeta deAgostini announced the release of the Kanzenban. Good news, for those of you who read Spanish. Although I'm not happy with Planeta's first translation... Let's see if it's really worth it.
Damn it... :| Note to self: Take spanish next year and save up for Kanzenbans... :)

mrkitano

Post by mrkitano » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:59 pm

Sorry, I forgot to post the link to Planeta's site regarding the announcement:

http://www.planetadeagostinicomics.com/ ... ragon+ball

Here's a translation of the text:

"It was tough, but finally we can announce that the "Perfect Edition", or the definite version, of Dragon Ball, will see the light in March 2006 published by Planeta DeAgostini Cómics.

This new edition of Akira Toriyama's famous manga arrives in an authentic lavish format. It will be 34 volumes with bi-weekly periodicy, which will have the same characteristics of the Japanese version, including color pages, new serigraphed covers... In short, every necessary detail so that even the most demanding fan can enjoy this definite edition of the adventures of Son Goku and company, without a doubt the most popular manga ever published in Spain (and according to several analists, also in the rest of the world).

And besides an attractive release offer, Toriyama's magnum work will be available in two languages, castellano and catalán*, since in Cataluña "Bola de Drac" was, and still remains all a reference of Japanese manga."

*Castellano and Catalan are two dialects in Spain. The most comon is Castellano, which is the dialect used in most Latin-American countries as well.
But I'm digressing a little bit too off-topic here...

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nyogo » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:40 pm

Reporting here for the latest, here's the fourth cover of the new anime comic series.

Nice.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:47 pm

Are you sure youre not dragonbox2006?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:00 am

I was actually thinking the same thing.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:39 am

Even if he isn't this is a necropost, right?

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:32 am

Sun_Wukong wrote:Are you sure youre not dragonbox2006?
I'm sure he's typing better than him. And, he (Nyogo) joined quite a while ago. Why would Dragonbox have registered twice, and use the second account (Dragonbox) when the first account (Nyogo) wasn't banned?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:38 pm

It shows up when you join under multiple accounts, which is why EX takes punitive measures. Simply because it's a product most people don't like doesn't mean Nyoigo's an ass. Get off your high horses, people. :P

As for the necro, my guess is he didn't want to start another topic. Necro's are (debatebly) allowed if and only if you bring something exceptionally substancial in worth to the topic. Even then, it's preferred if you just start a new topic.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.