DBZ Fan Animation

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

DBZ Fan Animation

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:43 am

TADUM!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Extraspecta ... Sh2p8o1UKo


WARNING!: It is very Quiet...
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: MOSLittGaming

Gaming Channel/Socials: MOSLittGaming

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: DBZ Fan Animation

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:48 am

So I guess feedback is asking too much... :|
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: MOSLittGaming

Gaming Channel/Socials: MOSLittGaming

User avatar
Scarz
I Live Here
Posts: 3382
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: New York

Re: DBZ Fan Animation

Post by Scarz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:So I guess feedback is asking too much... :|
Is this your animation? I thought someone just posted a random DBZ fan animation from youtube. The animation wasn't bad at all, although I would have preferred to see something a little more original. I've seen quite a bit DB fan animated videos and about 90% of them includes two characters just fighting. I understand that's what DBZ is all about but it would've been nice to see something out of the norm. The animation is also little choppy and some of the frames could've been drawn better but overall not bad one minute animation.

How long did it take you to animate?

User avatar
dario03
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: DBZ Fan Animation

Post by dario03 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:38 am

I thought it was pretty well done.

How long did that take to make?
What did you use to make it?

User avatar
DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12401
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Greece

Re: DBZ Fan Animation

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:27 am

It's very nice! :D
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: DBZ Fan Animation

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:58 am

This was made about 3 years ago, then I kinda added to it; I'm a much better animator now. The frame rate I chose back then wasn't that great though, 12fps. It was made in Adobe Flash. It took a couple weeks to get that far, considering I worked on and off. The next one, if I decide to do DBZ again, will be much better, and maybe in color.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: MOSLittGaming

Gaming Channel/Socials: MOSLittGaming

Post Reply