STOP SOPA NOW!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: STOP SOPA NOW!

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:14 pm

No point on putting on hold since so many people are against. I guess the supporters don't know when to give up when they are out number?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Man, these senators are such babies. First they say places like Wikipedia are "abusing their power" by doing a blackout/protest and then they act all begrudged that they have to put the bills on hold and make passive aggressive remarks like, "Now pirates in other countries are laughing because we don't even think it's worth discussing how to stop them."

You have to laugh at them. They were put there to represent the people and be their voice, and now they're whining because Wikipedia and others got the people to vocalize their opinion, which just happens to go against their wishes. Poor them. They're not used to not getting their own way.
caejones wrote:Megaupload cost them 500,000,000? If we could actually get people to do it, we could cost them much more without doing anything illegal.
Taking that into consideration, I still can't understand why they continue to put so much effort into fighting piracy this way instead of embracing what the internet can do. Can you imagine how much money they'd make if they started their own online distribution system--something like Netflix, maybe--to give an alternative to piracy? All of that sweet, sweet Megaupload money could be theirs for the taking with a little innovation.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:26 pm

The problem with new technologies is that the market leaders may loose their position. Money can be made out of it, but the ones who have money today probably won't.
Bussani wrote:You have to laugh at them. They were put there to represent the people and be their voice, and now they're whining because Wikipedia and others got the people to vocalize their opinion, which just happens to go against their wishes. Poor them. They're not used to not getting their own way.
They are supposed to be represent people, but apparently they are far from it.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:44 pm

GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 pm

SOPA was just a ploy by Obama, anyway. So that he can win over votes by going against it.

[/non-db-related conspiracy]
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:04 pm

We had 13 million people protesting Sopa and Pipa, it will never pass. Also, MU will return. Its just like when The Pirate Bay got canned, they came back. Also it looks like MU is back anyways, megavideo.bz is the new rumored site of the new Mega Upload. Now I dont know if the site is real, but I'm just letting everyone know what I just found out. Yeah Sopa got pushed back again another month, but it will just keep getting pushed back until it looses everyone and dies out.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 pm

cloud1414 wrote:We had 13 million people protesting Sopa and Pipa, it will never pass. Also, MU will return. Its just like when The Pirate Bay got canned, they came back. Also it looks like MU is back anyways, megavideo.bz is the new rumored site of the new Mega Upload. Now I dont know if the site is real, but I'm just letting everyone know what I just found out. Yeah Sopa got pushed back again another month, but it will just keep getting pushed back until it looses everyone and dies out.

Megaupload.bz is absolutely fake. It was set up by anonymous and apparently whoever clicks it will automatically DDoS some gov't site.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Am I at risk of getting caught sense I have downloaded stuff from MegaUpload?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:11 am

SOPA's Dead! Well, at least that's what twitter's saying.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:26 am

samuraix123 wrote:Am I at risk of getting caught sense I have downloaded stuff from MegaUpload?
Anybody who ever downloads anything like that is at risk. 99% of the time, however, the risk is borderline-nonexistent.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am

Well that's a breath of fresh air :) I will never download again. But i must say i support anonymous. they sound like good people?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Advl-DXLAw
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:33 am

It looks like SOPA is now officially dead. We all did it and to think the SOPA supporters where like "We are just no faces, they are not going to care about us!".
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 am

SOPA is not dead. Significantly wounded to the point where we won't have to worry about it for a while? Sure. The main sponsor has said, however, that he intends to "re-address" the bill. That's another way of saying that he's going to hire better lawyers to write a more crafty version of the bill that does the exact same things as SOPA, but with sneakier legal language so that it doesn't cause quite as big a fuss.

Heh...so to put this in DBZ terms...we, the users of the internet, all got together and fired a salvo of ki blasts at SOPA, creating a big cloud of black smoke around it. We think we have defeated it, and yet....I can still sense its power level.....
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:SOPA is not dead. Significantly wounded to the point where we won't have to worry about it for a while? Sure. The main sponsor has said, however, that he intends to "re-address" the bill. That's another way of saying that he's going to hire better lawyers to write a more crafty version of the bill that does the exact same things as SOPA, but with sneakier legal language so that it doesn't cause quite as big a fuss.

Heh...so to put this in DBZ terms...we, the users of the internet, all got together and fired a salvo of ki blasts at SOPA, creating a big cloud of black smoke around it. We think we have defeated it, and yet....I can still sense its power level.....
Nicely put, but its just going to fail time and time again. We had over 13 million people against it. It will never pass. They can try and try as much as they want, they will fail.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:21 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:Heh...so to put this in DBZ terms...we, the users of the internet, all got together and fired a salvo of ki blasts at SOPA, creating a big cloud of black smoke around it. We think we have defeated it, and yet....I can still sense its power level.....
Remember, he comes back with different looks.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:23 am

Well, it could come back as something that doesn't put the fundamental nature of the internet at risk, hurt new start-ups, and shut down sites for things their users do. That's what they should be doing if they go back to square one. But...well...I'll have to see it to believe it.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:04 am

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:14 am

I just watched that a little while ago. That's why i got worried but I thought about it. Would the government really try to press charges against anyone and everyone. That has ever used Megaupload? I defiantly think not. there would be thousands of thousands of people being arrested and no one could pay the fine. there would be chaos everywhere. now I'll leave you with a south park funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKtfdVqK7c
#1 Paikuhan fan!

cloud1414
Beyond Newbie

Post by cloud1414 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:18 am

samuraix123 wrote:I just watched that a little while ago. That's why i got worried but I thought about it. Would the government really try to press charges against anyone and everyone. That has ever used Megaupload? I defiantly think not. there would be thousands of thousands of people being arrested and no one could pay the fine. there would be chaos everywhere. now I'll leave you with a south park funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKtfdVqK7c
Yeah I know, but you never know what steps they will take. I guess we will just wait and see how this goes.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 am

Yeah...let's just hope we finely get passed all this. Also! Do these people really think they are going to stop piracy? I mean really? I have seen things come and go and piracy has always remained and always will.
#1 Paikuhan fan!