DB, DBZ, & DBGT Bricks no longer come with booklets (Updated Download Links)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: DB, DBZ, & DBGT Season Sets no longer come with booklets

Post by dragondyle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:05 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Thank you. I went to my friendly neighborhood Google and got all different kinds of explanations. still sucks though about no booklets.
Google is always your friend. :) Yeah oh well, I guess you can get them printed out and just make on yourself, lol.
You must have faith in who you are.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:07 pm

I call dick move on their part. Not the fact that they're trying to go green and put the pdfs for download on their website, though (I actually give them props, even though I like booklets and stuff like that). The fact that, being in a different region, I can buy (for example) a Green Brick but I can't download the booklet from their website.

I'm actually waiting on a possible Dragon Box GT, but I wanted to see what's on the booklets for curiosity's sake :P (The logic on the availability of it on their website kinda fails, though. Specially when the Green Bricks are also coded for regions 2 and 4.)
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Going green? Haha oh wow.. how much damage can a few pieces of paper have to the overall carbon footprint in the world? What a horrible excuse.. what's next, taking out the Dragonbooks from the Dragonboxes? :roll:

If they want to go green, maybe they should just stop putting those insert ads for upcoming DVDs and videogames that nobody reads; I throw those in the garbage. And not actual useful info about the show you're watching.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Daimakku wrote:If they want to go green, maybe they should just stop putting those insert ads for upcoming DVDs and videogames that nobody reads; I throw those in the garbage. And not actual useful info about the show you're watching.
They actually stopped putting in those advertisements in their DVDs/Blu-rays awhile ago. The only thing included now is the feedback postcard.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:54 pm

PuppetDoctor wrote:
Daimakku wrote:If they want to go green, maybe they should just stop putting those insert ads for upcoming DVDs and videogames that nobody reads; I throw those in the garbage. And not actual useful info about the show you're watching.
They actually stopped putting in those advertisements in their DVDs/Blu-rays awhile ago. The only thing included now is the feedback postcard.
Oh, I see.. I got all the Dragonboxes and I'm going through all of them in order. I'm still in Dragonbox 3, and so far all of them have had insert ads included.. did they stop including them later on?

I find those ads to be rather useless. I got the one that came with box 3 right besides me and it has info of "upcoming DVD release dates" from June 2010.. so I definitely wouldn't miss those.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Daimakku wrote:
PuppetDoctor wrote:
Oh, I see.. I got all the Dragonboxes and I'm going through all of them in order. I'm still in Dragonbox 3, and so far all of them have had insert ads included.. did they stop including them later on?

I find those ads to be rather useless. I got the one that came with box 3 right besides me and it has info of "upcoming DVD release dates" from June 2010.. so I definitely wouldn't miss those.
I don't remember if they stopped including them with the later Dragon Boxes but they may have by the time they got to Dragon Box 7. There was a time before they stopped putting those inserts that the advertisements included in the packaging were for stuff that had all already been released.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:38 pm

PuppetDoctor wrote:
Daimakku wrote:
PuppetDoctor wrote:They actually stopped putting in those advertisements in their DVDs/Blu-rays awhile ago. The only thing included now is the feedback postcard.

I don't remember if they stopped including them with the later Dragon Boxes but they may have by the time they got to Dragon Box 7. There was a time before they stopped putting those inserts that the advertisements included in the packaging were for stuff that had all already been released.
My Dragon Boxes 1 and 2 had the Raging Blast/Revenge of King Piccolo promo and the FUNimation's upcoming releases panflet, my Dragon Box 3 had the upcoming releases panflet only, and my 4 - 7 didn't have anything extra. Can't say much for other releases, though.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:42 pm

You guys kept those cards? Eh, I just threw them again, didn't want any unwanted publicity with my boxes.

As always FUNi included trailers of other anime product series, the original Dragon Boxes didn't have any.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Rukura wrote:My Dragon Boxes 1 and 2 had the Raging Blast/Revenge of King Piccolo promo and the FUNimation's upcoming releases panflet, my Dragon Box 3 had the upcoming releases panflet only, and my 4 - 7 didn't have anything extra. Can't say much for other releases, though.
Yeah, exact same with mine. 1 and 2 came with the Raging Blast and Revenge of King Piccolo insert ads, and Dbox 3 only has the upcoming releases pamphlet, but no insert ads. So I guess it's safe to assume the rest of my boxes won't come with anything.. can't say I'll miss them.

I would be pissed if it didn't come with the Dragonbooks, though. Which is why I find it dumb of FUNimation to take out the booklets from the season sets just to save a few dollars (or cents?). Some people actually do read those.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Daimakku wrote:Which is why I find it dumb of FUNimation to take out the booklets from the season sets just to save a few dollars (or cents?). Some people actually do read those.
And those people can print it off online.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:27 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:You guys kept those cards? Eh, I just threw them again, didn't want any unwanted publicity with my boxes.

As always FUNi included trailers of other anime product series, the original Dragon Boxes didn't have any.
This is actually something that kind of got me upset when I first watched my Dbox 1.. there was a trailer before going to the main menu.

I thought having trailers in the Dragonboxes took away some of the prestige the Boxes are supposed to have. They're not supposed to be like all other Dragonball Z releases, they're supposed to be "premium" you could say. Popping in a disc and going straight to the menu with no ads would've been much better in my opinion.

Of course this is just a minor nitpick, but if I had paid $60 or however much the first Dragonbox was going for at the time of release, and having trailers in each of the discs, would've pissed me off somewhat.

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ashura » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:33 pm

I work in printing, so I will tell you: Printing costs a pretty penny, especially decent color printing.

This is very green conscious and will keep the cost down, for both them and us. Funimation has gone progressively into more cost efficient packaging recently to keep their prices down, and I, as a consumer, appreciate that. Compare the original release of Samurai Champloo vs. the Anime Legends one to see what I mean.

As an aside, you want to know why Nintendo manuals used to always be in color? Nintendo would actually offer free color printing for even third parties back in the day... they eventually quit doing that though because it cost so much.
My favorite movie henchman is Sancho.

Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.

[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:38 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Daimakku wrote:Which is why I find it dumb of FUNimation to take out the booklets from the season sets just to save a few dollars (or cents?). Some people actually do read those.
And those people can print it off online.
Yeah, but it's not the same.. some pieces of paper printed in standard 8.5" by 11" letter-sized sheets doesn't compare to a professional-looking glossy paper booklet.

I know this is all inane stuff that don't even matter, I swear I don't have autism. :lol: It's just stuff that bugs me. Ultimately I get over it though.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Ashura wrote:I work in printing, so I will tell you: Printing costs a pretty penny, especially decent color printing.

This is very green conscious and will keep the cost down, for both them and us. Funimation has gone progressively into more cost efficient packaging recently to keep their prices down, and I, as a consumer, appreciate that. Compare the original release of Samurai Champloo vs. the Anime Legends one to see what I mean.

As an aside, you want to know why Nintendo manuals used to always be in color? Nintendo would actually offer free color printing for even third parties back in the day... they eventually quit doing that though because it cost so much.
Well wow.. I didn't know printing cost that much. But if it helps keep the costs down for consumers then I guess I'm ok with them taking booklets out.

I'm glad they didn't do that with the Dragonbooks, though. Those are essential to the Dragonbox collection.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Daimakku wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:You guys kept those cards? Eh, I just threw them again, didn't want any unwanted publicity with my boxes.

This is actually something that kind of got me upset when I first watched my Dbox 1.. there was a trailer before going to the main menu.

I thought having trailers in the Dragonboxes took away some of the prestige the Boxes are supposed to have. They're not supposed to be like all other Dragonball Z releases, they're supposed to be "premium" you could say. Popping in a disc and going straight to the menu with no ads would've been much better in my opinion.

Of course this is just a minor nitpick, but if I had paid $60 or however much the first Dragonbox was going for at the time of release, and having trailers in each of the discs, would've pissed me off somewhat.
Most of Funimation's releases have trailers at the beginning that you have to push the top menu to skip. Not just DB.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
Daimakku wrote:

Most of Funimation's releases have trailers at the beginning that you have to push the top menu to skip. Not just DB.
Oh I know that. But like I said, I thought the Dragonboxes were supposed to be more like a premium collection, not just an average release. Which is why it upset me that they put trailers in each disc.. but it's not that big of a deal I guess, it's only one trailer per disc, and they're only about a minute long.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Most of Funimation's releases have trailers at the beginning that you have to push the top menu to skip. Not just DB.
That's true, and that's what I've done, press menu and advance. But like the other guy said, the Dragon Boxes were a premium collection not an average DBZ collection thus far shouldn't have had ads.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:37 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:That's true, and that's what I've done, press menu and advance. But like the other guy said, the Dragon Boxes were a premium collection not an average DBZ collection thus far shouldn't have had ads.
What the hell kinda logic is that? It's still a commercial product.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 pm

FUNimation was trying to do a replica of the original Japanese Dragon Box Z, so to have as a replica, it should have almost been the exact same thing.

It's OK they included ads, would have preferred they didn't.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:20 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:FUNimation was trying to do a replica of the original Japanese Dragon Box Z, so to have as a replica, it should have almost been the exact same thing.
It was almost the exact same thing. If you want the original DBox, then get the original.