Dragonball Errors

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Errors

Post by FindKenshi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:55 am

Perfect wrote:Is it me or does Freeza look better with black armor?
It's you. My master, Evilord Freeza, wears the colors more suited for royalty.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Here's one with Vegeta's undershirt being colored wrong and some of the numerous inconsistencies with the hole Krillin put through Vegeta's armor; it sometimes disappearing entirely, only appearing on the brown portion, or taking up part of the white portion as well.

Episode 83

Episode 86

Last edited by Son_Gohan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Found a few more today.
Episode 14
Goku's sleeves are missing.
Episode 16
"BEPAIRS"
Gohan's shirt is missing its kanji.
First we see this textbook:
...but then it has a 4 on it!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote: Gohan's shirt is missing its kanji.
Dude, that's just nit-picky. Who's to say they weren't wearing their shirts with kanji on it that particular day. :lol:

Also, it's typical for the animators to skimp on the details when the character is shown smaller than usual.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 am

Episode 208

Goku's arm passes right through Oolong's ear, also his halo appears to be missing.

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:07 am

One thing that always bugged me was one short scene where Oozaru Vegeta's tail is noticeably coloured in too brightly.
Also GT tended to be a bit indecisive on if a super saiyan's tail should be yellow or not, but I don't have pics on hand.

When Piccolo creates a tornado, Gohan is briefly animated with a tail for some reason.
It's gone within the same scene.
[url=http://phred.thegreatbeyond.net]Comix Productions[/url]

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:45 am

Maybe it grew back and was pulled off incredibly fast XD.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:50 am

Gonstead wrote:Maybe it grew back and was pulled off incredibly fast XD.
Grew back in the "Oh SHIT!" moment, and then the tiger finally got to snack on Gohan like he always wanted. =P
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:26 am

Eh, I don't see it being too brightly colored (Vegeta's tail).
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

peter291
Not-So-Newbie

Post by peter291 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:00 am

Piccolo having 5 fingers is a common error in the anime. Does this error also occurs in the manga :?:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am

peter291 wrote:Piccolo having 5 fingers is a common error in the anime. Does this error also occurs in the manga :?:
Piccolo having 5 fingers in the anime is NOT an error. That's how he is in the anime. The same goes for all other Namekians, Dodoria, First-form Cell and Kewi.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

peter291
Not-So-Newbie

Post by peter291 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks, I didn't know that. So inversely, is Piccolo shown in the anime with 4 fingers?

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm

peter291 wrote:Thanks, I didn't know that. So inversely, is Piccolo shown in the anime with 4 fingers?
He's always with five fingers in the anime. Anything else would be an error. Four fingers in Japan is the same as the middle finger else where.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Four fingers in Japan is the same as the middle finger else where.
Though they are the same taboo, I can hardly say they are the same things. Four fingers mean "yotsu", which is a discriminatory word refers to the lowest classes.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:53 pm

I know it's some sort of insult. The same reason Oddworld changed the Modukons having three fingers in Abe's Exoddus instead of four like in Abe's Oddysee.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Perfect wrote:Eh, I don't see it being too brightly colored (Vegeta's tail).
It sticks out compared to the scenes around it
Its as if they only coloured in the highlight and forgot about the shading.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Episode 87

Goku's undershirt colored wrong.

Yamcha missing a scar on his left cheek.

Tien missing the scar on his chest.

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:54 am

When Gohan falls of the rock while Goku is telling him to look at the fake moon, his tail isn't there.
You can see it in the very next shot though.
Also I forgot to turn subtitles off on my dragon box. Oh well.
And while I've got that episode loaded up, Oozaru Gohan's nails are sometimes long black claws and sometimes they're just normal human-like nails.
And they switch really quickly between cuts.
I guess it's just a difference between animators or something, but here they just didn't colour in his thumb toenails.

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:59 am

This thread is so nit-picky. Now I won't watch Dragon Ball the same way... :lol: .

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:15 am

Then that means we have succeeded in our diabolical plan muhahaha :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!