Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season 2 Collection

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season 2 Collection

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 am

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai: Season 2 Collection

Post by PuppetDoctor » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 am

What a hideous cover. It worked for Part 4 because of the white background but this new greyish background with some art on the back just makes this cover look out of place.

Edit: I am very confused by this thread here about Dragon Ball Kai Season 1 Re-release. Does this mean that this re-release coming out in May will have the proper Kikuchi score?
Last edited by PuppetDoctor on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

I think I prefer this style over what they used for the original sets.

Overall, it looks pretty good.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:14 am

It does look pretty good but for DBZK Season Two, this is not very fitting.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:22 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:It does look pretty good but for DBZK Season Two, this is not very fitting.
I think it fits alright. The episodes on this set go up until Goku slices Freeza in half. That's like, 99% of the Freeza arc right there. :?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I think it fits alright. The episodes on this set go up until Goku slices Freeza in half. That's like, 99% of the Freeza arc right there. :?
FUNimation is basically reusing the same design covers they did for the Kai Parts, but for me, I'm displeased, it fitted the Kai Part 4 perfectly but can't get the same feeling for Kai Season 2. :?

Something like this...
Almost exact, but with Freeza Full Power Vs. Son Goku SSJ

It's good the one they've did for DBZK Season Two, but could've been much better.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBfan4life
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBfan4life » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Well, it is the cover I figured they would use considering they had to choose between Piccolo or this. Unless they were going to make new covers for these new season sets, which would have been pretty cool too. The image with the gray background I think works fine, just like it did with the white part 4 background. I just hope there is no mistakes in the BGM like the season 1 set.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Funimation doesn't have time or have the money to spend to make new covers.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:38 pm

^What on Earth gives you that idea? A little work in photoshop is hardly time-consuming and I doubt their graphic designers get paid too well. I mean "don't fix it if it ain't broke" is a good philosophy and all, but that doesn't mean it's for budgetary reasons that they didn't make a new one.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Who know why no new covers weren't made. It's funimation.
Last edited by Gotham22 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Gotham22 wrote:Who know why no never covers weren't made. It's funimation.
You really despise Funimation, don't you? It's one thing to offer legitimate criticism for their various questionable practices, but there's no reason to mindlessly bash them with accusations like "Fumiation doesn't have time or have the money to spend to make new covers" when you offer absolutely no evidence to make that assertion in the first place," and then fall back on "Who knows [...], it's Funimation" when someone calls you out for it.
It's been done countless times before, but...
ImmaDMCA

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Corporate_Nothing wrote:
Gotham22 wrote:Who know why no never covers weren't made. It's funimation.
You really despise Funimation, don't you? It's one thing to offer legitimate criticism for their various questionable practices, but there's no reason to mindlessly bash them with accusations like "Fumiation doesn't have time or have the money to spend to make new covers" when you offer absolutely no evidence to make that assertion in the first place," and then fall back on "Who knows [...], it's Funimation" when someone calls you out for it.
Talking to me about disliking funimation. Well at least I'm not hating on there cover choice.

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Who cares whatever a cover looks good or bad? That's just being nitpicky. :?

Its always the content itself that matters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:19 am

Son Geeko wrote:Who cares whatever a cover looks good or bad? That's just being nitpicky. :?
The content of the episodes have been discussed over and over and over, both from the original Japanese airing / home release and FUNimation's TV broadcast / home release.

A new thread about a re-packaged version of the show likely isn't going to tread that same ground for a third/fourth time.

The whole "stop nitpicking" nonsense drives me insane. To what point are people allowed to express their opinions and thoughts? Who gets to decide what that line is?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 am

Son Geeko wrote:Who cares whatever a cover looks good or bad? That's just being nitpicky. :?
It matters for people who buy the products, the content is important yes, but the design art cover gives the Blu-ray / DVD a stylish look.

My Dragon Boxes Z 1-7 are all like this:

So yes, the design art cover matters a lot to me and others as you can see.

The DBZK Parts like this will look pretty cool too, but awaiting for all Parts to be released.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm personally a big fan of these Season Set covers over the Parts. I think it's better use of the art as I found the side bar on the parts to be down right hideous. Only question for me is if this will contain the Kikuchi or Yamamoto score. I'm better on Kikuchi since we have yet another Season 1 re-issue.

Soul
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Soul » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:45 am

Also, is it just me? I think the Blu-ray banner makes this cover look better.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:12 am

Soul wrote:Also, is it just me? I think the Blu-ray banner makes this cover look better.
Well, to be fair it does look better on a Blu-ray case than a DVD.

Not really that bad at all, pretty good, now, but as I've said it could've been better if they opted for a new design art cover.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:14 pm

I hope the part three cover is used for season three and whatever parts eight's cover is will be used for the fourth and final season.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Gotham22 wrote:I hope the part three cover is used for season three and whatever parts eight's cover is will be used for the fourth and final season.
Season Three follows the Artificial Human and Imperfect Cell (if I'm not mistaken), so I'd bet they're going to use Part Five's cover.

This one:

Pretty badass Trunks' killin' Mecha Freeza. ^^
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray