Very Strange Video

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Very Strange Video

Post by Eclipse » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:52 am

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ragon+Ball
I don't wanna explain the details, it's better you find out yourself. All I have to say is that the video is around 9 minutes long, so be in for a long video...

All I gotta say is that it's quite strange..quite strange indeed

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:02 am

Erhm...I have absolutely no idea what's going on in that video. :lol:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:03 am

Oh. Your. God. :shock:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:09 am

................ :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is.....very....unique
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:25 am

LOL

That reminds me of this joke video my friends and I were planning on making, except it had less Dragon Ball and more freaking ninjas.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Socar15
Beyond Newbie

Post by Socar15 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 am

Wow. I might have found it less confusing and more amusing if I could actually understand what the heck was going on. This is not how I had planned on starting 2006...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:49 am

Well, it's not that difficult to figure out even if you don't speak Spanish. The guy is pretending to be Son Goku as a kid, hence the high-pitched voice. He's riding on his Kintoun, meets that guy who gives him a dragonball. He's searching for more dragonballs.

He then talks to Kuririn on a cell phone. You can hear him say, "Klilyn". You also hear him mention Roshi. Then some ninja-types attack him and he fights them, while the overly-used and ever popular theme from Mortal Kombat plays in the background. Why do all amateur fight films and martial arts demonstrations always have to use that song? :? He beats them up and we get to see a lovely shot of "plumber butt". His does a poor attempt at a pile-driver, then proceeds to beat the other ninja up even though she isn't attacking him. We get the sense that this Goku is kind of a sadistic and more violence-loving sort then the one we're used to. Anyway, he gets another dragonball from them.

Then we see a girl waiting, playing that whole "he loves me, he loves me not" game with a flower. I thought at first that she was supposed to be Chi-Chi, but he afterwards actually calls her "Bulma". Then Goku shows up and gives her flowers. They really should have picked a less windy day to film this thing. Anyway, they frolick off and dance around, then they embrace. Okay, this is resembling less and less of Dragonball. :? She then gives him a dragonball and he flies off. Guess he's the "love'em and leave'em" type.

Then it appears that they're together again and Bulma, from what I can gather complains about him having a fat butt or being flabby, or something....I think that's the reason for showing the other guy flexing in comparison. So then he sadly goes off and does lots of chin-ups and gets another dragonball. Then he puts on a tutu and does what I can only describe as "interpretive dance" and gets another dragonball. Then we get shown pictures of Roshi and Buruma with some Spanish writing that I can't understand, while the Dragonball theme song plays and it's the end.

Well, an interesting way to spend nine minutes. Overall, it had it's high points......can't really recall any off the top of my head at the moment, but um, ya, there it is. I give it a 0.115 out of 10. I really wanted to give it a 1 but I just couldn't in all good conscienceness because they only provided 5 dragonballs in the movie's plot.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:33 pm

This movie had all kinds of "plumber butt" action. For all it had, they should have called it "Plumberbutt Z". And fuck, that guy couldn't fight at all... x.x

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:55 pm

Then it appears that they're together again and Bulma, from what I can gather complains about him having a fat butt or being flabby, or something....I think that's the reason for showing the other guy flexing in comparison. So then he sadly goes off and does lots of chin-ups and gets another dragonball.
Yes...but playing this with that overused song from Rocky? >_<

And everytime he flies off, they play CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA
Well, an interesting way to spend nine minutes. Overall, it had it's high points......can't really recall any off the top of my head at the moment, but um, ya, there it is. I give it a 0.115 out of 10. I really wanted to give it a 1 but I just couldn't in all good conscienceness because they only provided 5 dragonballs in the movie's plot.
My High Points.
1. The fight
2. The Spanish Makafugishi Adventure theme
3. "PlumberButt Z!"

And from Google, I found a strange dub theme video for Dragon Ball GT entitled "ITA Opening"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ragon+Ball

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:02 am

That video is one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a while... XD

(And that's saying something!)

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:21 pm

I've never felt sick seeing Goku's butt but I do now...

Socar15
Beyond Newbie

Post by Socar15 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:14 pm

It wasn't the fact that they were collecting "dragon balls" that confused me, I just couldn't figure out what the point was. It would have been nice if I could understand some of the conversations they were having.