Question about Movie Collection Figures

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Question about Movie Collection Figures

Post by TheLegendary117 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 pm

I've got a question regarding Movie Collection Figures and If Labs figures. I have a RARE opportunity to buy a life size statue of Jorge from Halo Reach. With only 3 of these in the world, not including the 2 full sets that Bungie and Microsoft have, this is an EXTREMELY rare opportunity.

With that being said, I'm trying to sell some of my DBZ stuff assuming I can reach enough to pay for this. My question is this, would $1,600+$100 ish for shipping, a fair price to ask for 40 Movie Collection figures and If Labs figures? All are new in box and some of the rare ones are included like the Broly's (Excluding Z-Store Exclusive), and limited edition paint jobs on some of the If Labs. Thats $40 a figure plus shipping which will be a bit expensive.

Please let me know what you guy's think, honestly. The sooner the better, if I don't respond soon, I will lose my chance. I appreciate the help. Thanks Everyone :D

PS This is a picture of the statue
Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan

Kuwabara
Regular

Re: Question about Movie Collection Figures

Post by Kuwabara » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:56 pm

If time were on your side, I think you could actually sell that lot for way more, like $2k or maybe even $3k. But for $1,600 it would sell way faster, that price is more than fair considering the amount of sheer will power it takes just to track down and gather up the scratch for some of those figures in good condition. Whether you actually sell the whole set in time is doubtful, but I say go for it. There are only three of those statues in the world. The Movie Collection stuff is replaceable, should you choose to track all of them down again. That statue on the other hand, isn't. Good luck! :D
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:08 am

$1600 is a steal, if I can get at least $2000 for the figure from an awesome buyer, the seller will hold the statue for me until I can get the rest of the money. I'm glad to hear someone say that its fair :D
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Krakabeast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Krakabeast » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I'd say $1600 isn't a fair price for you, but it'll get them out the door quicker. If you do do this then check under his helmet to make sure that there's no one inside the suit. That guy is BIG!

You must love Halo if you can heart selling 40 9-13'' replicas for a life-sized one? I mean, Halo is somewhat part of my childhood, but this is a no-no IMO.

EDIT:Tell him to throw in a life-sized motorized Banshee!
Gohan: At least he doesn't have his sword out anymore.
Kuririn: Yeah, and your dad put his finger away too.

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Krakabeast wrote:I'd say $1600 isn't a fair price for you, but it'll get them out the door quicker. If you do do this then check under his helmet to make sure that there's no one inside the suit. That guy is BIG!

You must love Halo if you can heart selling 40 9-13'' replicas for a life-sized one? I mean, Halo is somewhat part of my childhood, but this is a no-no IMO.

EDIT:Tell him to throw in a life-sized motorized Banshee!
I've got more insurance covering my Halo collection than I do my DBZ collection and my DBZ collection is massive considering I've been collecting for the better part of 15 years.

This life size statue was made for a sweepstakes to promote Halo Reach. In case you don't know, Noble Team (the team you play with in Halo Reach) has 5 Spartans. Carter, Kat, Jun, Jorge, and Emile. 5 Life size statues, of each Spartan, was made. 3 of each were given away, the other 2 sets were kept by Bungie and Microsoft. For a die hard fan like me, this is a EXTREMELY rare and possibly once in a life time opportunity. If I can work something out, I must.
Facebook.com/The70MGame

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Hope you get it, and good luck!

TheLegendary, is it possible to get inside that Halo Human-size figure? It'd be so cool to walk around as Master Chief. :D
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:54 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Hope you get it, and good luck!

TheLegendary, is it possible to get inside that Halo Human-size figure? It'd be so cool to walk around as Master Chief. :D
Nope, its a statue. Display only.

Sorry, this is starting to stray off the topic of being Dragonball related. Would anyone be interested in buying the figures? I'm trying to avoid listing them online to avoid the stupid fees.

I can provide a list of what exactly I have if anyone is interested
Facebook.com/The70MGame