Did anyone else receive their DBZKai Part 7?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

monkeydlogan

Re: Did anyone else receive their DBZKai Part 7?

Post by monkeydlogan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 am

No.
MONEY, POWER, WOMEN

gohan2k
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan2k » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:53 am

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet but the release date for Part 7 in Australia is May 23rd
[quote="TripleRach"]I don't like Vegeta much. He spends most of the series as a whiny bitch.[/quote]

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 am

gohan2k wrote:Not sure if anyone's posted this yet but the release date for Part 7 in Australia is May 23rd
Heh, it's going to be released the day after DBZ Kai Season One and Two are released (22nd May). Interesting.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

gohan2k
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan2k » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I haven't heard anything about the season sets receiving a release in NZ and Australia but I presume they will a couple of months after the US release as per usual.

Not that it matters as much to me cause I already got my season one from Amazon :D
[quote="TripleRach"]I don't like Vegeta much. He spends most of the series as a whiny bitch.[/quote]

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:40 am

Part 7 just arrived here. I did not except such an early delivery
(Especially considered I live in the Netherlands and it usually takes 2-4 weeks for American DVD's/Blu-rays to arrive at our import anime store)

I will post info when I get my Blu-ray player fixed (which should be tommorow) :)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:45 am

gameleon wrote:Part 7 just arrived here. I did not except such an early delivery
(Especially considered I live in the Netherlands and it usually takes 2-4 weeks for American DVD's/Blu-rays to arrive at our import anime store)

I will post info when I get my Blu-ray player fixed (which should be tommorow) :)
Where'd you bought your BD from?

RightStuf's from $20 but the international shipping is $11. Guess I'll wait for Amazon if nothing else pops up.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
gameleon wrote:Part 7 just arrived here. I did not except such an early delivery

Where'd you bought your BD from?

RightStuf's from $20 but the international shipping is $11. Guess I'll wait for Amazon if nothing else pops up.
Archonia. It's a Dutch/Belgian anime and manga store. The Kai DVD's and Blurays cost around 31 euro's there (around 40 dollars). It's more expensive then shipping from the US, but you won't run the risk of being fined by the custom office if you live in the European Union.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:21 pm

gameleon wrote:Archonia. It's a Dutch/Belgian anime and manga store. The Kai DVD's and Blurays cost around 31 euro's there (around 40 dollars). It's more expensive then shipping from the US, but you won't run the risk of being fined by the custom office if you live in the European Union.
Eesh, a little too much for something that only has 11 episodes, Amazon being how they usually are will decrease the price before or after the pre-order date, I hope it's before.

Kai Seven took six months but it's not much different from the previous releases so no reason to price it $25.99 (the others were $18,99).
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:24 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
gameleon wrote:Archonia. It's a Dutch/Belgian anime and manga store. The Kai DVD's and Blurays cost around 31 euro's there (around 40 dollars). It's more expensive then shipping from the US, but you won't run the risk of being fined by the custom office if you live in the European Union.
Eesh, a little too much for something that only has 11 episodes, Amazon being how they usually are will decrease the price before or after the pre-order date, I hope it's before.

Kai Seven took six months but it's not much different from the previous releases so no reason to price it $25.99 (the others were $18,99).
Yea it's expensive. But all things combined it will probably end up being cheaper then Amazon (if you live in the EU that is). If the price of the Blu-Ray would be $25,99 The international shipping costs of $6,99 will make the set around 31 dollar. Add the European import tarriff of 16 euros/21 dollars (consisting of Custom Tariff and +-20% Tax) and you'll end up paying around 52 dollars total.

If you're lucky the customs will let it pass so you wont have to pay the additional 21 dollars, but lately there haven't been many deliveries from Amazon.com that did.(You might have a chance if you use Standard Shipping instead of Expedited. But it takes about a month to arrive)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:28 pm

gameleon wrote:Yea it's expensive. But all things combined it will probably end up being cheaper then Amazon (if you live in the EU that is). If the price of the Blu-Ray would be $25,99 The international shipping costs of $6,99 will make the set around 31 dollar. Add the European import tarriff of 16 euros/21 dollars (consisting of Custom Tariff and +-20% Tax) and you'll end up paying around 52 dollars total.

If you're lucky the customs will let it pass so you wont have to pay the additional 21 dollars, but lately there haven't been many deliveries from Amazon.com that did.(You might have a chance if you use Standard Shipping instead of Expedited. But it takes about a month to arrive)
I bought all 7 Dragon Boxes Z, Kai Blu-rays Parts 1 to 6, Yu Yu Hakusho Season One and Two, and they all came through. No customs, no fees, just Amazon's total price.

The $6 shipping usually arrives within 2 weeks, or less. At least in my experience.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:59 am

Who sang the 7th Dragon Soul, assuming it's another different one like every other volume?

gameleon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gameleon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:08 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Who sang the 7th Dragon Soul, assuming it's another different one like every other volume?
It's a combination of all the previous singers singing together (with some solo parts here and there)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:35 pm

gameleon wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Who sang the 7th Dragon Soul, assuming it's another different one like every other volume?
It's a combination of all the previous singers singing together (with some solo parts here and there)
Does it sound like they all re-sang it together, or they just mashed audio together?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Does it sound like they all re-sang it together, or they just mashed audio together?
It's probably much better than this. :P
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:47 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Does it sound like they all re-sang it together, or they just mashed audio together?
It's probably much better than this. :P
Oh god, I hope so. :lol: I've heard a few decent combo ones (have a really good Vic and Sean one downloaded myself), but I would still expect more than a mash-up for an official version.

That said, since they did this for part 7, I can't help but wonder what'll be done for part 8 then.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:That said, since they did this for part 7, I can't help but wonder what'll be done for part 8 then.
In my opinion they should have kept the English Mix of Dragon Soul for Part Eight, Part Seven should've had Colleen Clinkenbeard (Gohan) or Dameon Clarke (Cell) sing Dragon Soul.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:58 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:That said, since they did this for part 7, I can't help but wonder what'll be done for part 8 then.
In my opinion they should have kept the English Mix of Dragon Soul for Part Eight, Part Seven should've had Colleen Clinkenbeard (Gohan) or Dameon Clarke (Cell) sing Dragon Soul.
The next one will be a duet with Dameon Clarke and Colleen Clinkenbeard singing together. In character.

Gohan probably needs an adult.

No, but I'm interested to hear this. I've been searching YouTube for it every so often, but I can't find it.

spaceace998

Post by spaceace998 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Yeah, it is a mash-up with no resung parts. Vic's not to be found however, it's mostly Sean and Justin with Greg, Brina, and Sonny every now and then sprinkled in.

I watched the whole set through, and I'm happy with the changes made for the uncut release. There is no H-word to be found, only Mr. Satan. Your average death coverups are fixed, and damn, bastard, and hell return as well. Also, Krillin calls Mr. Satan a jackass at one point. Oh, and Mr. Satan drops a funny line as well in reference to Cell talking to Android 16 upon arriving at the ring:

"Let 'em trade recipes and Pokemens for all I care."
No more blah blah blah! - Captain Kirk

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:52 pm

spaceace998 wrote:Yeah, it is a mash-up with no resung parts. Vic's not to be found however, it's mostly Sean and Justin with Greg, Brina, and Sonny every now and then sprinkled in.

I watched the whole set through, and I'm happy with the changes made for the uncut release. There is no H-word to be found, only Mr. Satan. Your average death coverups are fixed, and damn, bastard, and hell return as well. Also, Krillin calls Mr. Satan a jackass at one point. Oh, and Mr. Satan drops a funny line as well in reference to Cell talking to Android 16 upon arriving at the ring:

So Cell says "Oh damn!" or "Oh no!" instead of "Oh shit!" like many fans were hoping to?

Ghurd to me never clearly sounded like he said "Shit!" but "Shiiiiiii!".
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:51 pm

spaceace998 wrote:Yeah, it is a mash-up with no resung parts. Vic's not to be found however, it's mostly Sean and Justin with Greg, Brina, and Sonny every now and then sprinkled in.

I watched the whole set through, and I'm happy with the changes made for the uncut release. There is no H-word to be found, only Mr. Satan. Your average death coverups are fixed, and damn, bastard, and hell return as well. Also, Krillin calls Mr. Satan a jackass at one point.
Aww man. They could feature Sean's version but not Vics? Who's bright idea was that, ugh...I would have preferred mostly Greg and Sonny personally, with some spots of Vic and Sonny, and maybe Brina on back-up. Ah well though, it's just the opening - it's skippable enough.
Oh, and Mr. Satan drops a funny line as well in reference to Cell talking to Android 16 upon arriving at the ring:

:lol: I love it.
Twitter