Discontinuation of "Level" Blu-Rays in NZ & AUS

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Discontinuation of "Level" Blu-Rays in NZ & AUS

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:01 am

We all knew it was coming, but I wanted to confirm it anyway since Madman make weird decisions sometimes:
What I sent:
Are there any plans to discontinue these after Funimation announced that they have "suspended" production on this series?
The items in question:
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view ... 1-1-bluray
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view ... 1-2-bluray
I ask this because I am looking to obtain a 4:3 release of Dragon Ball Z, without having to fork out the ridiculous sum of money to import the, now discontinued, American Dragon Boxes.

Thanks.
The Response:
Hi,

Unfortunately, without a continuing series coming from the Funimation source, these titles will no doubt become discontinued once the stock runs low.

If Funimation were to complete the series, say in a Blu-Ray “Dragon Box”, we would consider releasing it as a complete collection. For now, signs are not good I’m sorry to say.

Regards

Daniel Chlebowczyk
Product Manager | Producer
Anime | Graphic Novels & Manga | Adult Swim | Cult Animation

Madman Entertainment
http://www.madman.com.au
Now I have to find the extra cash ans go down and grab these before it's too late (I can't let myself miss out on another release of the series!). Why are Super 15 games so freakin' expensive???!!!

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Re: Discontinuation of "Level" Blu-Rays in NZ & AUS

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 am

Ouch. Then I guess it was a good thing I got them when I was at Armageddon since I was a bit hesistant about it.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 am

Well I'm glad I bought them already. They make for good novelties when stacked next to the Ultimate Uncuts.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 am

Been holding off on these since some reasonably priced Dragon Boxes keep popping up on Amazon. Might just go ahead and buy these though and leave Kai and the Dragon Boxes for another day (if there is one).

EDIT: Oh hey, 800 posts, 800 constructive, well thought-out posts. Now that I think about it, I've been posting a lot today. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm posting for the sake of posting since this isn't the case- school's off and I just need to get rid of all of this English. I was actually gonna post a bunch of threads that I'd thought up while sitting on the train, but I won't just in case people get suspicious. Anyway, I'm rambling now... :|
:o *Yawn* I need to go to bed, the quality of my posts are declining. :?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 am

The Blu-rays aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I'd focus on the Dragon Boxes for now and then maybe check in on stock sometime after.
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:20 pm

DIid they stop at level 1.2 too? If so, I wish they'd atleast release the remainder on blu ray with duel audio :(

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 pm

They did stop at 1.2 but they released the unreleased episodes on Zune/PSN in 1080p HD 4x3 AR.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 am

If Funimation had just released up to 2.2, we would have finally had all the episodes uncut in 4x3.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:32 am

Gonstead wrote:If Funimation had just released up to 2.2, we would have finally had all the episodes uncut in 4x3.
Yeah I could have finally had the Saiyan and Namek Arcs in a set, complete, uncut, 4x3, and with the option for the dub music.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:29 am

Gotham22 wrote:Yeah I could have finally had the Saiyan and Namek Arcs in a set, complete, uncut, 4x3, and with the option for the dub music.
Syncing audio to video (1080p HD Levels) isn't that hard to do, really.

Unreleased episodes = 034-039.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:38 am

It's actually 035-039 for unreleased episodes, just to correct that.

It's too bad the only way you can get the 1080p versions is through the US Xbox/PSN Zune store (Is that correct?).

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:18 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:It's actually 035-039 for unreleased episodes, just to correct that.

It's too bad the only way you can get the 1080p versions is through the US Xbox/PSN Zune store (Is that correct?).
Thanks for the correction.

I can confirm the episodes can be bought through the Xbox LIVE US Zune Marketplace, though, if you're from outside of US you're out of luck unless a VPN comes to use.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/TVSho ... 0010ab1c97

Buying 035-039 costs as much as an Arcade game, in other words, not much, just 800 MSP.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:09 pm

That's too bad. I have a Playstation 3 instead as well as being outside the US. What about the 720p version on the regular Zune.net store? Is that restricted to US customers only or it's international too?

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:19 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Gotham22 wrote:Yeah I could have finally had the Saiyan and Namek Arcs in a set, complete, uncut, 4x3, and with the option for the dub music.

Are they dual-audio? Because if not, I might be able to sync the audio, yeah, but not the subtitles.

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:32 pm

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:That's too bad. I have a Playstation 3 instead as well as being outside the US. What about the 720p version on the regular Zune.net store? Is that restricted to US customers only or it's international too?
They on US only on the zune store.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:

Are they dual-audio? Because if not, I might be able to sync the audio, yeah, but not the subtitles.
I'm pretty sure it's been said somewhere that they're only available in Dub + Kikuchi. Both for Blu-Ray and Orange Brick.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:09 pm

They're dub-only with the original music, no subs are given.

Yep, you can sync, syncing is pretty easy.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:25 pm

To clear one confusion up for people you can't download any of the episodes in High Definition except to your xbox 360 via zune. I just tried and found out.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 pm

enapace wrote:To clear one confusion up for people you can't download any of the episodes in High Definition except to your xbox 360 via zune. I just tried and found out.
Right and then they can be extracted to the PC.

With this: http://www.digiex.net/downloads/downloa ... iners.html

It's all very easy.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:40 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
enapace wrote:To clear one confusion up for people you can't download any of the episodes in High Definition except to your xbox 360 via zune. I just tried and found out.
Right and then they can be extracted to the PC.

With this: http://www.digiex.net/downloads/downloa ... iners.html

It's all very easy.
Okay mind explaining because I am completely confused I have no idea even how to connect a xbox 360 up to my pc like that.