Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball Z: Saiyan Saga - Help make this happen!

Post by Avenged » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Avenged wrote:
You do realize they released this photo of Goku about a week ago right? Along with all the other characters before that. And maybe you should pay attention to their twitter since they're always posting updates on this project.
It's been exactly two weeks since today, Friday(just checked the time stamp). I also skimmed through there twitter yesterday when I made that post. It was a lot of "Thank You" messages from them and "OMG you're awesome!" from other people...and something about extras needed.
Well...
DBZ - Saiyan Saga ‏@DBZ_Saiyan_Saga
Just one week until we release a new video update, showing our Wire work day at Pinewood studios, production photos and more!
:roll:
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Oh and...

If you want more, visit my site as they havn't released these yet ;)
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Vegeta's costume looks like they stapled table place mats together... This one isn't even being nitpicky, it just looks downright bad. Possibly worse than what they showed for Raditz.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:52 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Vegeta's costume looks like they stapled table place mats together... This one isn't even being nitpicky, it just looks downright bad. Possibly worse than what they showed for Raditz.
I completely agree with you there it does look terrible.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Wow! That is definitely bad. I've tried to keep an open mind with most of these costumes; I may have been critical, but I understand that they aren't Hollywood and their budget isn't that big, but come on now! They could have done better than that. That doesn't even look like armor. It honestly looks like the make-shift pajama armor I use to make in the third grade.
DBZ - Saiyan Saga ‏@DBZ_Saiyan_Saga
Just one week until we release a new video update, showing our Wire work day at Pinewood studios, production photos and more!
That was posted when I went off to work, but good for them, they are still alive.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:20 am

The Saiyan Armor is depressing. Unless they plan on making them look much better with CGI, then oh well.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:32 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
songohan619 wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:They used the same hair style as Evolution. Well, the final style at least(the good one after the Ozaru transformation). Also, I got to give points to Evolution for having the better costume.
Can you show me a picture of that hairstyle?

That's the best I can do. Most image results are of the early "Gohan looking" hair. If you feel brave enough to watch the movie again, that style is the one that pops up at the end.
I actually like the costume they gave Goku in DBE. IMO it looks fresh and modern while still being faithful to the original.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:45 am

Yeah, the costumes are looking pretty bad so far. Which is a pity, really.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:03 am

The only one that looks "bad" IMO is the Vegeta one.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:10 am

Well Gokuu's looking alright, I'm glad they didn't go and try to replicate his hair to a tee. Best just keep it messy.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:52 pm

ringworm128 wrote:I actually like the costume they gave Goku in DBE. IMO it looks fresh and modern while still being faithful to the original.
It's a shame that the only things I liked about that movie came in like the last 10 minutes or so. The uniform and the messy hair(less Gohan looking) at the end actually worked, if only for a little bit. I would have liked to see that costume designers approach towards Saiyan armor; then again I didn't really like Piccolo's armor so I dunno.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:33 pm

I do agree the Vegeta one looks bad. I mean, I can understand Goku's being ragged because it is just fabric, and he's in a climactic battle (That point Appuru made about the shoes does make sense, though)...but Vegeta is wearing heavy duty armor. It should definitely look sturdy...otherwise it's not very good as armor.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

mattymoron
Beyond Newbie

Post by mattymoron » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:49 pm

It seems like a really simple thing to make Saiyan Armor. A simple plastic or rubber mold seems like it would work.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Goku's hair in this looks alright. It looks better then the Twilight type of hair style that Goku had in DBE. I think the hair is never going to look perfect as you want.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 pm

ImageImage

Why does Vejita's got Jimmy Neutron hair style?

Awkward..
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:58 am

From Avenged's website in the comments section:
http://www.dblegends.com/2012/07/a-batc ... ga-photos/
K&K Productions • 6 hours ago −
Hi guys

Hary here from K&K Productions. These are photos that have been leaked and should not have been posted. They will be removed soon.

Obviously these shots were taken during production and do not represent a finished product. Vegeta's armour will be changed in post and obviously Tiens third eye will also be added with effects. What you see in the photos is just a marker to use for motion tracking.

As for questioning our professionalism Chuchomen...These shots were taken at Pinewood studios (one of the biggest film studios in the world) and we had a budget of just £17,000 to make costumes,pay for locations, studio time, hotels, travel, food for a cast of crew of 20. We really had to make that money stretch.

We think people will be happy with the end product, so please dont judge the project on some leaked photos.

Thanks,

Harry
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:30 am

Travis Touchdown wrote:When it comes to these pics that they keep revealing, a lot of them for me are hit and miss. I don't think this will turn out to be the "as close to perfect as we can get" adaptation that they claim it will be. I'm sure they're going to take A LOT of creative liberties (probably to the degree of Evolution) and try to justify them later.

Still, I appreciate the effort they're putting forth. For that much I'll wish them the best of luck, and I would gladly buy a ticket to go see it, but I'm certainly not donating any money to it.

Wow not even 10$ puny bucks? Talk about a broke ass MoFo!!! lol
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:14 am

K&K Productions • 6 hours ago −
Hi guys

Hary here from K&K Productions. These are photos that have been leaked and should not have been posted. They will be removed soon...
I'm sorry, but does anyone else see the irony in this? In any case I'd like to see what the post production armor is going to look and to see how much they are going to improve on. However, I'm curious to know why they didn't just bring it up when they posted their own Raditz picture.

Appūru-sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Appūru-sama » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Kinda relieved about Vegeta's armor not being the finished product (?) Hope they could say the same for Raditz's.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Appūru-sama wrote:Kinda relieved about Vegeta's armor not being the finished product (?) Hope they could say the same for Raditz's.
I'd imagine they would, it would be weird if Vegeta's armor looked cool while Raditz's was left in the dust.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.