Rumor - New Dragon Ball Series?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kami Sama
Banned

Rumor - New Dragon Ball Series?

Post by Kami Sama » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:33 am

New Dragon Ball Serie?
This isn't oficial, according to rumors that covered the Toy Fair 2004, the FUNimation (Rights owner of Dragon Ball Series ) it's interested in sponsor the criation of a new serie of the famous anime Dragon Ball in partnership with Toei. IT'S not the Dragon Ball AF.

Somebody knew of this?

font - http://www.animepro.com.br (portuguese anime site)

Anderson

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Rumors - New Dragon Ball Serie?

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:26 pm

Kami Sama wrote:New Dragon Ball Serie?
This isn't oficial, according to rumors that covered the Toy Fair 2004, the FUNimation (Rights owner of Dragon Ball Series ) it's interested in sponsor the criation of a new serie of the famous anime Dragon Ball in partnership with Toei. IT'S not the Dragon Ball AF.
Someone pointed me to an article on DragonBallToys that said "FUNimation has always been pushing for a new DragonBall series" from Toei (which frankly doesn't surprise me, cash cow as it is for them), and that because of the resurgence the series is experiencing in Japan, it was "more likely than ever."

However, it still doesn't strike me as something that'll actually happen, since Akira Toriyama (who did some design work for GT) has no interest in doing anything more with the series (unless, perhaps, they did a parody like Neko Majin Z, but that's another story entirely). I personally find it much more likely that Toei would capitalize on the resurgence in popularity by putting out a movie celebrating the manga's 20th anniversary some time in 2004 or 2005... but really, only time will tell. :)

And also... you wouldn't happen to be the person who runs Kami Sama Explorer, would you? I ask this because I couldn't help but notice a trend of them "borrowing" images from Daizenshuu EX without asking, and then conveniently "forgetting" to give us credit for them (such as here, and here, and here, and here, and... well, you get the idea). So, if you are... please ask before doing so. Most likely, we'll give you permission to link to the appropriate section (since it is a Portuguese site, and some people might have trouble navigating the pages to get there), but not to "borrow" or link directly to the image. So... sorry if you're not and my annoyance is misdirected, but I figure I oughtta at least get the message out there. :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:58 am

I would love if Toei would make another movie, I don't think that's asking for too much. A new series though? I wouldn't hold my breath, I doubt they want to repeat the collosal failure of GT. That aside, I don't think FUNimation has that much bargaining power with Toei...they couldn't even get the proper credits and next episode previews for christ sakes.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:12 am

True, but I doubt they argued overly hard for them.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:18 am

It's not like Funimation had to work that hard to get DBZ in the first place when you happen to have an uncle who's employed in a top position at TOEI, like ol' Gen Fukunaga boy does!

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:25 am

No, but then don't they have to go through a nightmarishly compicated process to get each individual movie?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:36 am

Yes, they I believe they do, but hey they gotta work for some of it! :wink:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:02 am

"Posted February 29"

I don't know why leap years always make me want to laugh, but they do. THEY'S CRAZY THEY IS!!! As well as is this whole "PUSHING for a new series of TOEI." I asked my friend yesterday what the Toyfair issue said and his answer was that they (FUNI) made a formal request of TOEI to make a new DBZ movie. Then Toyfair said "but would probably really want a whole other damn series since DBZ practically makes them Gods in the US, whereas TOEI has yet to reply but would probably really not want to do anything since DBGT practically makes them broke in Japan."

It then went on to say top rumors now (this thread was the first I've heard of it. Now there are "top rumors"? :? ) included a sequel-feature to DBZ starring Pan, Uubu and guest appearances by Goku. Uubu has to save his village as part of his training, and Pan tags along because there's nothing to do in the world (sounds like a year tops after DBZ ends). The other rumor contained the revealing of the evil SSJ5. **shudder** GT badness. :evil:

EDIT: This all sounds like BS. Anybody know if Toyfair just has a rumor section in their magazine? If they do, maybe they're just passing on the buck.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:08 am

if this turns out to be true(which I doubt), I think we should make a petition asking the creators of this new continuation to completely ignore Dragon Ball GT. It may sound childish, but that series not only is bad, it has too many plot holes.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:34 am

Neon Z wrote:if this turns out to be true(which I doubt), I think we should make a petition asking the creators of this new continuation to completely ignore Dragon Ball GT. It may sound childish, but that series not only is bad, it has too many plot holes.
Don't look at me... my Japanese is nowhere near that good, just yet. :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:14 pm

Don't look at me... my Japanese is nowhere near that good, just yet
DAMN! Jersey, on your knees! Give him the puppy-dog eyes! And anything else he may wish for while you're down there!

WHAT? I mean like begging Goten-in-DBZ-movie-10-praying-to-Shenron style! Why you all lookin' at me like that?

Personally I'd like a 14th DBZ movie that has Uubu and Pan in it. Not necessarily as the stars, just give them a presence other than the 28th budoukai eps.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:54 pm

Puleeeeeaaaaasssse Julian! *gets done on knees, makes puppy dog eyes*

Well, I tried! :P Hey, why don't you beg Greg to do it, if you want it done so badly Dayspring, since he's already over there! :wink: I find that line of the rumour funny,......"and guest appearances by Goku." Now Goku reduced to a "talk-show" guest! :lol: I don't really believe this new info too much. I just think that Toei is good and done with DB permanently. Especially since they got burned so badly with GT(it's their own fault). When it comes to DB at this point, I subscribe to the saying, I'll believe it when I see it.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:06 am

Its DBAF LOLOLOL!!1111111ONEONE

okay seriously uh....no - I seriously doubt they;d do a new series, a new movie maybe. And do you really WANT a new series to continue off of the crap that is GT?
-Laserkid

Kami Sama
Banned

Post by Kami Sama » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:17 am

SaiyaJedi wrote: And also... you wouldn't happen to be the person who runs Kami Sama Explorer, would you? I ask this because I couldn't help but notice a trend of them "borrowing" images from Daizenshuu EX without asking, and then conveniently "forgetting" to give us credit for them (such as here, and here, and here, and here, and... well, you get the idea). So, if you are... please ask before doing so. Most likely, we'll give you permission to link to the appropriate section (since it is a Portuguese site, and some people might have trouble navigating the pages to get there), but not to "borrow" or link directly to the image. So... sorry if you're not and my annoyance is misdirected, but I figure I oughtta at least get the message out there. :?
Dear Saiya Jedi, both of us know that nobody holds rights over a work just
for its reproduction.

Both of our sites don´t have profit as their purpose and it´s obvious that we reproduce the images only for information and illustration. As such, we indirectly propagate products, over which neither Kami Sama Explorer (KSE) nor Daizenshuu Ex hold any rights. This is so concerning the product itself, as well as its diffusion.

KSE has ALWAYS had the policy NOT to claim for itself any rights over an image that it doesn´t own, so that we never put (and will never put) our “trademark” on any image that we reproduce, either if this REPRODUCTION is the result of our labor or not.

The only thing we care about and watch over is our intellectual property, that is, the informing texts that we created for KSE and the site´s design.
Regarding anything else reproduced by KSE, ANYONE is free to use it at his own site, without the OBLIGATION to give us the credits for it.

To make such a fan-site like mine, publishing self-produced information and images collected at the internet for non-japanese and non-english speaking people, without the purpose of profit (like you do), is not only a pleasure, but also lot´s of work. For this reason, and as a courtesy, we will give Daizenshuu Ex the due credits for any image reproduced and divulged by it at the internet that KSE may use. We will do this to show you our esteem, as well as to appraise the work and competence of your team. But we won´t do that because we have any obligation or because you asked us to do so, but because we like and respect the work Daizenshuu Ex has been doing during all this years, such as we are doing.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:26 am

Dayspring wrote:And anything else he may wish for while you're down there!
Feheheh...

Right... Anyway, if there's going to be a new series, it just has to be Neko Majin Z. Nothing else. Ever.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:42 am

Alternate series after DBZ could have been cool.
But Neko majin would rule :D

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:08 pm

Kami Sama wrote:But we won´t do that because we have any obligation
Yes you do have an obligation. It's called ETHICS. Look it up, maybe?

I'd say sorry for being harsh, but I'm stick and tired of people thinking it's OK to take stuff for their own on the internet, even if it's "legal" to do so, and pull that "Oh, it's not OUR stuff, we didn't create it!" bullshit. So... no, I'm not sorry.

Yeah. It's bullshit. There's months of history of the site taking the images Julian scanned, etc., and just putting them up on the site. That is bullshit.

And I get the feeling that you're the only one who thinks otherwise. Sorry, you've been found out, I'm not happy, and you lose.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:26 pm

I agree. You might say you never stated the pictures to be yours, but as long as this is not specified, it heavily insinuates so to your visitors. And that's not fair to Daizex, at all. It could for example cause people to think Daizex stole its content from Kami Sama Explorer, and not the other way around. Saying you never claimed the pictures to be yours doesn't do jack, because you might as well have to your visitors.

ginyu

Post by ginyu » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:14 pm

Hello VegettoEX.
I work in KSE with kami.
Let me explain what i think about it.

I believe that if you put a image on the web, this image doesn't belong to you any more. Once it's on the web, it belongs to everybody, everybody is free to use that as they want (only in the web). Kinda... I don't no if you guys know about that, but a large circulation brasilian magazine, named ULTRAJOVEM (ULTRAYOUNG) took all of your artwork scans from the DBPE. They use them to make a news article. They have earned money with your work, and they didn't give the respective credits to DAI EX. They didn't give any credits...=/

VegettoEX wrote: And I get the feeling that you're the only one who thinks otherwise
May be...
And i think that everybody else who think diferent are wrong, sincerely...
VegettoEX wrote:I'd say sorry for being harsh, but I'm stick and tired of people thinking it's OK to take stuff for their own on the internet, even if it's "legal" to do so...
In the past i used to have the same idea. But now... It's ok to me. I only care about my intelectual proprierty. I do not care about having credits in an image, it is a pleasure for me to give it to the fans, even if i had to work to put it on the web. We dont use to give this kind of credits and we beliEve that it is not anti ethical.

Some years ago, the Dragon Ball Fan sites used to fight about this kind of thing... What happens to them? 95% closed. So... is it really important?
In these days that are only a few DB good sites, i think that IT would be much better if they workED together to bring interesting facts, news and media.
A good exemple to me is the greatest mangá translation sites, it's is a really dificult fan work made by people that only want to share a stuff that they love to many people as possible. Most of them do not claim for credits. I believe that everybody should do the same thing.

VegettoEX wrote:Sorry, you've been found out
Weekly many people e-mail us asking were we got the PE artworks images, and we always answer that they are from Dai Ex. I never tried to hide from YOU that we are using the images that Julien scaned. If we tried, why would we show our site/link in this fórum?

Anyway.
This subject is not bullshit.
Bullshit is that this discuss is taking place here...
because this has no relation with this topic. XD

My e-mail is open if you wanna discuss about this.
[/code][/url]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:35 pm

ginyu wrote:Weekly many people e-mail us asking were we got the PE artworks images, and we always answer that they are from Dai Ex.
Great.

Now say it on the site each and every time you continue to take our images, and we won't have a problem anymore, will we? If you don't want to have to give credit to where you get your material, maybe you should... I dunno... create your own material, instead of getting it from other places... ? The only reason you're even here coming up with these asinine defenses is because you know you're caught, you know it's wrong, and you're trying to cover your ass.

Sites die. Right, whatever; we're not going anywhere. And you're all extremely close to being banned, for both ethical attitudes and grammar. Fair warning. You really don't want to be pissing us off.

We come in and honestly, constructively, and politely inform you that we've found the site to be taking our images for months without due credit on the site... and what do we get? Ridiculous bootlegger logic that since it's not "our" property to begin with, it doesn't matter what happens to it, who takes it, etc.

Guess what? I hate bootleggers.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::