DBZ back on CN

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

DBZ back on CN

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:31 am

I dont know if anyone's posted this yet but DBZ is back on CN at 10:30pm. They started at Freeza's fourth transformation for some reason.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: DBZ back on CN

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:06 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:I dont know if anyone's posted this yet but DBZ is back on CN at 10:30pm. They started at Freeza's fourth transformation for some reason.
Yeah, it's back, apparently they couldn't have started from original DB because it doesn't "do as well in ratings" which pisses me off because of how seriously good that series is. I guess they didn't go back to showing the series from the start of the Saiyan saga because they're busy with airing issues of the redub/Ocean version on their Toonami block. If you ask me though, they couldn't have picked a better spot to start rerunning the series (okay, maybe the start of Trunks and the Android arc), the latter half of the Frieza saga is filled with action, drama, and a near-perfect dose for DBZ ratings. Good luck, Cartoon Network, though you guys could have started from the beginning of the Ginyu saga (I doubt FUNi will ever redub that considering they didn't bother with Sleeping Princess's DVD release, especially considering it's already available uncut on DVD with their voice cast dub, as flawed as those 2 DVDs are nonetheless). :roll:
14 years later

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:36 pm

They started already!? When did this happen?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:47 pm

On Sunday. They showed "Another Transformation" that night at 10:30.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:24 pm

...Hmm...
Will have to tune in. Or tape it.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

mictaliano

Post by mictaliano » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:02 am

I think they should have started with the Ginyu Saga. It would have been good for the newcomers to see the DBZ story seamless. Imagine if you just started following the series and cartoon network just jumped from Goku just arriving on Namek, Goku fighting the Ginyu force and Frieza in his 1st form. To Goku rehabilitating, Vegeta stronger then when he arrived on Namek and Frieza in his 3rd form. Wouldn't you be confused?
I'm on a PSP. And I'm trying to follow the rules!

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:49 pm

:P Sweet! I fell asleep after Freeza killed Dende last night though...

The wretched One Piece dub returns as well...Poor poor Zoro... :cry:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:36 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote::P Sweet! I fell asleep after Freeza killed Dende last night though...

Actually, the Drum Island saga was almost completely intact when they showed that on Foxbox and Toonami (sorry if I'm going off topic).

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:43 pm

Kirbopher wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote::P Sweet! I fell asleep after Freeza killed Dende last night though...

Actually, the Drum Island saga was almost completely intact when they showed that on Foxbox and Toonami (sorry if I'm going off topic).
Yeah, but we've still got Sanji cigarette edits! :x

Back on topic! :P

I'm actually very happy to see the Freeza Saga again...I can't even remember 1999, so this is awesome for me! :P

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:48 pm

e_e Yeah, uh-huh, smoking's great.

I really didn't realize how much the cast has improved since then. I couldn't help but laugh at Vegeta's big powerup sequence from last night's episode, and Piccolo and Gohan sounded REALLY awkward XD I like how Freeza turned out, but I was wondering why they didn't use the slight pitch down for his last form anymore for any of the video games and later episodes. It actually helped with how his voice sounded o.o

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:40 pm

Well, I think that it's because Freeza had a new VA for the dub after the Freeza arc.

masenko
Beyond Newbie

Post by masenko » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:42 pm

Whoopie it's back! Let's see how long it lasts this time...I'll give it a few months until something like Yu Gi Oh FGSX or RELYSUX or SHDYANME comes to take us over.
"I GOTTA GAMBLE EVERYTHING I GOT ON THIS ONE FIST!!!!" - Son Goku, Tale 160

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:06 am

Saiyan wrote:Well, I think that it's because Freeza had a new VA for the dub after the Freeza arc.
No, Linda Young played Freeza all the way through the rest of the series. The only other person who played him was Pauline Newstone, and that was just during the Ocean Group dub for a little while.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:47 am

Man, it's been so long since I've seen these eps that I forgot how bad they sounded at first. Does it always seem that after not watching some episodes for a while that when you see them again you're surprised at how different the actors sounded?

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:39 am

masenko wrote:Whoopie it's back! Let's see how long it lasts this time...I'll give it a few months until something like Yu Gi Oh FGSX or RELYSUX or SHDYANME comes to take us over.
:( Yeah, seriously. I really don't understand why it's on right now, it being on Toonami and all. But then again, One Piece is on Toonami and Miguzi, then right before DBZ, so...

:? Speaking if Toonami, is the Ocean Dub still on? I noticed that the info on my Dish called the episode 'Goz and Mez' with the little year beside it being 2005. :? What's the verdict here?

Saiya-jin
Banned

Post by Saiya-jin » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:14 pm

I, as well as the rest of you, am overjoyed to see the return of DBZ(Taped every episode of UU while it was on.). But I still wan't to see the all weekend marathon that shows Dragonball Episode 1-Dragonball Gt Episode 64.(All the movies in between may be alittle too much to ask for. :oops: )

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:43 pm

Saiya-jin, thats... imposible. It would take more than that to get through Dragon Ball alone.

Anyways, I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for my Tivo's season pass. Yay!

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:15 pm

The funny thing is that they rated it TV-PG when it's the same TV-Y7 edited dub that we saw on Toonami years ago. >_>

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:16 pm

Tsukento wrote:The funny thing is that they rated it TV-PG when it's the same TV-Y7 edited dub that we saw on Toonami years ago. >_>
That's called being lazy. I-channel did that too for eps that were definately not Y7.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:39 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:
masenko wrote:Whoopie it's back! Let's see how long it lasts this time...I'll give it a few months until something like Yu Gi Oh FGSX or RELYSUX or SHDYANME comes to take us over.
:( Yeah, seriously. I really don't understand why it's on right now, it being on Toonami and all. But then again, One Piece is on Toonami and Miguzi, then right before DBZ, so...

:? Speaking if Toonami, is the Ocean Dub still on? I noticed that the info on my Dish called the episode 'Goz and Mez' with the little year beside it being 2005. :? What's the verdict here?

No, they took it off Toonami--probably because they're airing it weekdays now. If I'm not mistaken they've replaced the Toonami airing with a rerun of last week's Naruto.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!