How powerful is filler Yamcha?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How powerful is filler Yamcha?

Post by Angelus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 pm

It's Toei shit, I know. But still, theoretically, if that filler episode was actually canon, how powerful would Yamcha be?

Olibu was weaker than Pikkon. Pikkon was holding back though, unlike his fight with Goku when Pikkon went serious.

Not only that, but it was a 2 against 1. Olibu and some Gorilla-winged fighter (that was eliminated early on in the Other World Tournament and didn't even make the semi-finals) VS Yamcha.

Olibu would have kept on training on Grand Kai's planet after the Cell saga, even 7 years later as he meets Yamcha. Yamcha may have gotten stronger over the 7 year gap since he is a professional baseball athlete. Professional baseball players train. They don't just swing bats all day. They have speed, endurance, and accuracy no averagely fit person can usually match. And they do it religiously. Usually no worries about school, money, work, JUST the sport, all day.

I know Pikkon will be the pivotal reference for powerscaling here, so let's have 3 situations for the question:

1.) Pikkon was more powerful than Perfect Cell
2.) Pikkon was more powerful than Super Perfect Cell
3.) Pikkon was Goku's level (give or take, weaker or stronger or equal to, by a small margin)

How powerful would this filler be Yamcha in the aforementioned situations? Compare him to a character he would be on par with?
(Example, SSJ2 Gohan in the Cell Games or SSJ Goku in the Buu Saga)

The video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZQbmCUzOzw
Last edited by Angelus on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: How powerful is filler Yamcha?

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Angelus wrote:It's Toei shit, I know. But still, theoretically, if that filler episode was actually canon, how powerful would Yamcha be?

Olibu was weaker than Paikuhan. Paikuhan was holding back though, unlike his fight with Goku when Paikuhan went serious.

Not only that, but it was a 2 against 1. Olibu and some Gorilla-winged fighter (that was eliminated early on in the Other World Tournament and didn't even make the semi-finals) VS Yamcha.

I know Paikuhan will be the pivotal reference for powerscaling here, so let's have 3 situations for the question:

1.) Paikuhan was more powerful than Perfect Cell
2.) Paikuhan was more powerful than Super Perfect Cell
3.) Paikuhan was Goku's level (give or take, weaker or stronger or equal to)
Yamcha fought and looked stronger than Olibu whom Gave Pikkon a very little amount of trouble so definitely stronger than Frieza. Pikkon is only stronger than MSSJ Goku. Pikkon beating Cell was just Toei BS designed to make Pikkon look stronger than he really is IMO. I would honesty say he is about maybe Semi Perfect Cell's level give or take a few numbers.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Well, Olibu would have to be stronger than SPC to give Paikuhan trouble, and so Yamcha would be stronger than even that. But he'd still most likely lose to Paikuhan or Goku.

I'm... not entirely sure I can take this part seriously:
Yamcha may have gotten stronger over the 7 year gap since he is a professional baseball athlete. Professional baseball players train. They don't just swing bats all day. They have speed, endurance, and accuracy no averagely fit person can usually match. And they do it religiously. Usually no worries about school, money, work, JUST the sport, all day.
Yamcha wouldn't need to train to be a baseball athlete. That job would be laughably easy for him no matter how much he slacked off.
Last edited by Saiga on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 pm

HOLY SSSHHH...

I just realized that each time I typed in P I K K O N, the board immediately changes it to Paikuhan.

Test:

PIKKON

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 am

Angelus wrote:I just realized that each time I typed in P I K K O N, the board immediately changes it to Paikuhan.
Yes, that is one of the board's filters.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 am

Yamcha was tooling everybody in Otherworld, but was inferior to Krillin. Those two were Plan B in case Boo defeated Goku and Vegeta.

Filler Krillin > Filler Yamcha > Paikuhan > Olibu > Androids > Freeza

or

Filler Krillin > Filler Yamcha > Paikuhan > Cell > Olibu > Androids > Freeza
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:Those two were Plan B in case Boo defeated Goku and Vegeta.
Now that'd be a fun fan manga.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Oh hey, maybe a Filler Yamcha and Filler Krillin fusing via Potara might beat Kid Buu. Filler-wise they are both above Olibu level. Each of them are like what, MSSJ Goku, Cell Saga level? XD

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Angelus wrote:Oh hey, maybe a Filler Yamcha and Filler Krillin fusing via Potara might beat Kid Buu. Filler-wise they are both above Olibu level. Each of them are like what, MSSJ Goku, Cell Saga level? XD
Depending on how you view Paikuhan's strength, they could be.

But I've seen some believe that fusion takes SSj3 Goku and adds his power to SSj2 Vegeta to form Base Gogeta/Vegetto, so...also depends on what you think either merging method does, I guess.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:31 pm

If Pikkon was more powerful than SPC, and Olibu only fought Pikkon while Pikkon wasn't in full-power (which would be Perfect Cell level?), then Olibu would be around MSSJ Goku's level in the Cell Games. Filler Yamcha with minimal effort beat this Olibu, assuming Olibu barely had any gains during the 7 year gap. So, would filler Yamcha be Perfect Cell level?

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 am

Angelus wrote:If Paikuhan was more powerful than SPC, and Olibu only fought Paikuhan while Paikuhan wasn't in full-power (which would be Perfect Cell level?), then Olibu would be around MSSJ Goku's level in the Cell Games. Filler Yamcha with minimal effort beat this Olibu, assuming Olibu barely had any gains during the 7 year gap. So, would filler Yamcha be Perfect Cell level?
Depends on a few variables, those being how big you think the gap is between CG MSSj Goku and Perfect Cell, and how big you think the gap was between Weighted Pikkon and Olibu.

Personally, I think Yamcha would indeed be more powerful than Cell.

Gokuden
Regular

Re: How powerful is filler Yumcha?

Post by Gokuden » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 am

I'd want Yamcha to be the more powerful party, I would like to believe he kept bettering himself throughout the years.
We'll see where he's at with the canon movie.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Nazi Cola wrote:Yamcha was tooling everybody in Otherworld, but was inferior to Krillin. Those two were Plan B in case Boo defeated Goku and Vegeta.
Weren`t Yamucha and Kuririn fighting head on in that last fight of the Tournament? I am also thinking about Kuririn`s remark when he sees Yamucha schooling those two characters, which leds me to believe that in terms of Toei, there wasn`t a major difference. We are talking of the same studio that also had a filler of Yamucha "training" with Kuririn in the backyard, by kicking him in the head.

On the other hand, Yamucha gave praise to Kuririn when he attacked Boo.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Enbi

Post by Enbi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm

First off, English subs of the whole Otherworld thing imply that Goku got a helluva lot stronger between the time in which Pikkon basically one-shots SPC and the time of the Otherworld tourney.

If ya take that seriously, it could easily be taken to mean:

Goku (Otherworld tourney) ~ Pikkon > SPC > Goku (Cell Games level).

It only makes sense that Goku would train before the tourney (can't remember if it outright says he trained, but it'd be dumb for him not to IMO)...and I think Goku training would be a better way to make things work, rather than just calling the whole thing off as TOEI BS (Pikkon beating Cell)...of course, in the Boo arc, Goku beating Cell as an SSj isn't the case, but hey, it is filler after all..

And yeah Krillin and Yamcha were the Plan B, so that'd put them above Cell anyways IMO.

Filler Krillin > Filler Yamcha > Otherworld Goku ~ Pikkon > Cell > Cell Games Goku is what I'm thinking right now, with Yamcha being able to tool Cell easily, I'd think.

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 pm

OK, first a bit of apologetics.

Firstly, being damned to Hell seems to restrict ones power, or else the ni would be completely useless. Hence, ell was much weaker than he was on Earth when he was in Hell.

Secondly, Cell was Blindsided by Paikuhan, so he need not be weaker, or at least that much weaker, than him.

Thirdly, Paikuhan was reserved and holding back against Olive.

Forthly, being dead, but not damned to hell, seems to make a body stronger and more durable.

Fifthly, Yamcha had renewed his training with Kaio, and was stronger than ever, completely making up for any losses from not fighting for years, and surpassing his former peak.

Lastly, Yamcha was merely sparring with Olive, and no one as taking it seriously. If they had been, Olive curbstomps.

All that said, I'd put Yamcha somewhere around 2nd form Freeza. Between 750,000 and 2,000,000. Olive's more like 8,000,000 to 10,000,000(multiply by ten if you like the 120,000,000 figure for Freeza instead of 12,000,000 like I use), Damned Cell at about 20,000,000 to 25,000,000, and Paikuhan at 20,000,000 to 30,000,000.

This makes dead SSJ Goku's power somewhere under 30,000,000, which destroys my logic(remember to multiply by 10!). BUT, if he were holding back for most of his fight with Paikuhan, it would make some sense. I could probably wedge (fp)SSj Goku while alive at the Cell Games in under 30,000,000 if I really tried, but it'd be tough. Someday, I need to pull a power levels list for the entire anime out of my ass like this. For the record, I tend to ignore guidebooks, I don't like multipliers, and I think that Goku and Freeza were 15,000,000 and 12,000,000 instead of 150,000,000 and 120,000,000.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:06 am

Since it's filler, the logic is probably GT-esque. Ya know, base GT kid Goku > SSJ3 Buu era Goku type-stuff.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strife1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Power levels won't work for this because everyone's are different xD
But imma do it anyways.
I'd put filler Yamcha at around 10,000,000 by the end of the series. About 2,000,000 the time the Androids came along, and i'm guessing he had increased since then. I put Manga Yamcha at around 55,000- 70,000.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:38 am

Strife1 wrote:Power levels won't work for this because everyone's are different xD
But imma do it anyways.
I'd put filler Yamcha at around 10,000,000 by the end of the series. About 2,000,000 the time the Androids came along, and i'm guessing he had increased since then. I put Manga Yamcha at around 55,000- 70,000.
Filler Yamcha > Pikkon, who was by all accounts superior to Cell, who was in turn multi-fold Freeza, who was at least 120,000,000.

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strife1 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:46 am

Nazi Cola wrote:
Strife1 wrote:Power levels won't work for this because everyone's are different xD
But imma do it anyways.
Filler Yamcha > Paikuhan, who was by all accounts superior to Cell, who was in turn multi-fold Freeza, who was at least 120,000,000.
Goku had to turn Ssj against Paikuhan and use Kaioken. Filler Yamcha < Paikuhan, unless you're implying that Yamcha was above base Goku, which is impossible to even suggest by the end of the Boo Saga. And you're saying Filler Yamcha is over Paikuhan who is over Cell? Well, since Ssj2 kid Gohan was able to toss Cell around, and he got weaker by the time the buu saga came along, that would mean that filler yamcha is close to, if not more than Ssj2 Gohan and could probably beat Dabura, who Piccolo or Krillin couldn't beat. No, just no.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:42 am

What ever the hell Toei wants him to be. But not stronger then Goku, because only Saiyans and Goku are aloud to do anything.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!