Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
I knew that name was familiar. I really liked their second opening for Code Geass. But I don't know much about their other songs. I would have loved a new song, but a cover for Head cha la is ok too.
- penguintruth
- Banned
- Posts: 4861
- Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 pm
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
It would probably make more sense to do "We Gotta Powaa", considering this is just after the defeat of Buu.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.
Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!
Can I get a Schemen?
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
I kept thinking the Head Cha La sounded different in the trailer, at least from the version of the song I'm used to hearing. That's awesome! I loved their Naruto opening, so this could turn out to sound awesome. I do think using the second Z opening would have fit better though, and I do like that a lot better than Cha La, but I guess it's just too iconic for the series to escape.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
- MCDaveG
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5821
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
- Location: Prague, Czechia
- Contact:
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Yes! Not mockingly meaned, but you always were and will be my favorite nitpicker, being it here or on ANN and I'm 100% siding with you in this.penguintruth wrote:It would probably make more sense to do "We Gotta Powaa", considering this is just after the defeat of Buu.
It made sense in the 2008 Special, being it first actual feature in series after years and Chala is somewhat iconic track,
but for this portion of the series, We Gotta Power is the thing and I always loved that upbeat instrumental which hyped me everytime the opening started in TV.
FighterZ, Street Fighter 6, Mortal Kombat: Funky_Strudel
PS5: Dynamixx88
Trust me, I'm millenial and a designer.
PS5: Dynamixx88
Trust me, I'm millenial and a designer.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
I reckon it'd be more to FLOW's style as well, considering its tempo.penguintruth wrote:It would probably make more sense to do "We Gotta Powaa", considering this is just after the defeat of Buu.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
I also would much rather have seen We Gotta Power get some love in the new movie. But I guess new covers of Cha-La are always fun, too.
[ BlueSky | Bsky: DBS Plots | DeviantArt | Twitter (Depreciated) ]
[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]
Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT
[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]
Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
FLOW has done a couple of Naruto openings, IIRC. I did like the one during the endless filler.
I guess a cover of the longest Z theme is a more "monumental" way of going about the movie, considering we get a new Kageyama theme every other game. It would be cool to here him in some capacity, though.
I guess a cover of the longest Z theme is a more "monumental" way of going about the movie, considering we get a new Kageyama theme every other game. It would be cool to here him in some capacity, though.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Goku being the main character is different from Goku being the only character that gets to have any importance.DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Of course it's gonna be Goku's time again. He is the main character of the franchise. He is what Luffy is to One Piece, what Naruto is to Naruto, what Arale is to Dr. Slump, what Jack Sparrow is to The Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. Sure he was replaced by Gohan, and almost additionally by Goten &Trunks, but still Toriyama decided that ultimately, Goku is the main character of the series. And that's how it will always will be, like it or not. Because Goku is a better hero compared Gohan, Goten, or Trunks, and most importantly, Goku sells better. And they obviously want this to sell a lot, so experimenting with new main characters like Pan, Oob, Goku Jr. & Vegeta Jr., Beet, or the main character in DBO wouldn't be a very good idea.dbzfan7 wrote:So i'm guessing the movie will be GT again. GT= Goku Time.
Please let the others do things.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!
- batistabus
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 2108
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 pm
- Location: DBS:SH
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
My reaction to this news.
"...so?"
*Youtube search*
"OMGF IT'S FIGHTING DREAMERS AW YEAH!"
I'm not into Naruto anymore (haven't seen past the Chunin exams), but this is the one theme I actually remember and remember loving. So even though it's not We Gotta Power, I'm interested in hearing the final result.
"...so?"
*Youtube search*
"OMGF IT'S FIGHTING DREAMERS AW YEAH!"
I'm not into Naruto anymore (haven't seen past the Chunin exams), but this is the one theme I actually remember and remember loving. So even though it's not We Gotta Power, I'm interested in hearing the final result.
- Rukura
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1848
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
- Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Their Naruto Shippuden opening was one of the best yet, along with GO!, Fighting Dreamers and the Code Geass opening.
They have plenty of other great songs and are a great band overall, so I'm happy to see them do it. Would I have prefered a new Kageyama song? Maybe even Orange Hero? Yeah but, if it's gonna be someone else doing Cha-La, I think it's in good hands
They have plenty of other great songs and are a great band overall, so I'm happy to see them do it. Would I have prefered a new Kageyama song? Maybe even Orange Hero? Yeah but, if it's gonna be someone else doing Cha-La, I think it's in good hands
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0
- DragonBoxZTheMovies
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2832
- Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 pm
- Location: New Zealand
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
I hope we get an ending (perhaps a full length version of 'Orange Hero' or maybe even a cover of 'We Were Angels') and an insert song to go along with it. Would make a fine soundtrack for the collection.
I hope Kageyama will have some sort of involvement.
I hope Kageyama will have some sort of involvement.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Oh Dende, we still don't have a full version of "Orange Hero" out, do we? Sadness.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
That wasn't part of the trailer, actually. The network was simply playing the song over the trailer, as is common for those sort of shows.Gyt Kaliba wrote:I kept thinking the Head Cha La sounded different in the trailer, at least from the version of the song I'm used to hearing. That's awesome! I loved their Naruto opening, so this could turn out to sound awesome. I do think using the second Z opening would have fit better though, and I do like that a lot better than Cha La, but I guess it's just too iconic for the series to escape.
6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Oh. Oh my God. You guys, the story page is up. And it's more text-as-image.
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2013_d ... llz/story/

I'm going to try to translate while I wait for someone with a faster translating speed than I have to arrive.
I can't tell if it's anything that isn't already in the intro, but I see Piccolo's name in there.
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2013_d ... llz/story/

I'm going to try to translate while I wait for someone with a faster translating speed than I have to arrive.
I can't tell if it's anything that isn't already in the intro, but I see Piccolo's name in there.
On hiatus.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Good find.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community
- batistabus
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 2108
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 pm
- Location: DBS:SH
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
That's the flipping tree, there's no way it's not! I guess we'll know soon....
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Thank you!
I'm such a slow translator; I hope to be able to pick up speed eventually through practice.
The first line is the typical "Mukashi mukashi"/a long time ago thing they use at the beginning of DB's manga.
In the middle of trying to find the kanji in the 2nd line; the rest of the 2nd line is done minus the kanji.
*Hopes Kei, Herms, or Julian drops by soon.*
I'm such a slow translator; I hope to be able to pick up speed eventually through practice.
The first line is the typical "Mukashi mukashi"/a long time ago thing they use at the beginning of DB's manga.
In the middle of trying to find the kanji in the 2nd line; the rest of the 2nd line is done minus the kanji.
*Hopes Kei, Herms, or Julian drops by soon.*
On hiatus.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Looks like it's just a recap of the comic's events.
6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Aw, is it?
I'll stop trying to translate then if it's just recapping manga stuff for people unfamiliar with the series. I saw Freeza's name in there too, but I thought since he's mentioned in the movie...oh well.
Scanning further for names, I see Bulma, later followed by Piccolo, Freeza, Cell, Buu; yeah I guess this is a recap. *Sad-face*.
Now I'm betting that final line is something cryptic like "and now something else is about to occur" or something.
I still hope someone translates it anyway.
Scanning further for names, I see Bulma, later followed by Piccolo, Freeza, Cell, Buu; yeah I guess this is a recap. *Sad-face*.
Now I'm betting that final line is something cryptic like "and now something else is about to occur" or something.
I still hope someone translates it anyway.
On hiatus.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Amazon lists a Battle of Gods album.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... -11-11-22/
via: http://www.dblegends.com/2012/12/new-so ... d-in-2013/
And oh sh*t, another new trailer!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... -11-11-22/
via: http://www.dblegends.com/2012/12/new-so ... d-in-2013/
And oh sh*t, another new trailer!
Last edited by Avenged on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community









