Fan Made Flash Animation: Goku VS Vegeta

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zykar

Fan Made Flash Animation: Goku VS Vegeta

Post by Zykar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Hello, everyone! I've only just joined the forums but i'm a Dragonball fan since the anime aired in my country back in the 90's. I've watched pretty much all of the movies and ovas from Z to the beginning of GT. I'll be honest though, i don't have much love for the GT saga as much as i have for the DB and Z sagas, but Z has always been my favorite, no doubt about that.

Anyway, what kept me always interested in the series, was how well made the battles were and, especially in Z, the fast paced brutal action and overall great animation. So a few years back i tried making a decent animation in flash but with school and other more relevant projects at the time i decided to put it on the shelf. Well, now that i joined the Kanzenshuu and with so much apreciation that i've seen to the efforts of the forum members on fan art i decided to upload what i've done so far to youtube and share it with you guys so that i can improve its quality and in return give you guys a great flash made animation for you to enjoy.

Without further ado: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ji6aC98a3A

I am aware that there are some problems with the audio at some point on the video (ki blast part), but in the flash animation the sounds seems ok to me. If you want to check the .swf file i can either send it to your email or i may upload it to rapidshare or other fileshare site if you guys are interested.

Let me know what you think, guys! Hope this post didn't turn out to be too big or boring.
Last edited by Zykar on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!"

Khanage

Re: Fan Made Flash Animation: Goku VS Vegeta

Post by Khanage » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Not gonna lie, I wasnt expecting to be impressed by a flash animation, well done!
You had the fiery will of a Saiyan, please share that with me now

Zykar

Post by Zykar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Thank you for your words, i know i still have a lot of work to do in it, but in time i might just make something pretty cool.
"You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!"

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:50 am

I love stuff like this. Good job.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Great work! Can't wait to see the complete fight. :)
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

Zykar

Post by Zykar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks, guys! If you feel like i could do something better, please don't hesitate to tell! :D

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 am

When will it be finished? :)
And will you also use the SSJ 4 forms?
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

Zykar

Post by Zykar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Hum, well i don't really know when i will end it, but i've been working on the animation everyday. About using de SSJ4 Forms for both characters, if i find some good sprites on the internet i might add them, yeah.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

So how long will it take now? Did you make progress?
I'm curious about your project. :P

Zykar

Post by Zykar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:24 am

It will still take some time, but yes i've made progress. I Reworked some of the previous scenes to look a bit better and i'm now working on a Kamehameha scene that (i hope) will fit perfectly together with the music that i'm using right now.

I will upload to youtube an updated version of the animation as soon as i'm finished with this scene.

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks for the information, can't wait to see it! :D

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am

It's well made for sure, though one thing bothered me a little. It's nothing major, but I found it a bit out of character at times in that at first Goku was owning Vegeta without him retaliating, and then vice versa. It seems to me they would both put up more of a fight, and have quicker reactions to each other's attacks.

That said, I remember messing around with flash myself, and it's a lot of fun to choreograph these kind of fights. I'm interested to see where you'll take it. Keep it up :)
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

Zykar

Post by Zykar » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:53 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:It's well made for sure, though one thing bothered me a little. It's nothing major, but I found it a bit out of character at times in that at first Goku was owning Vegeta without him retaliating, and then vice versa. It seems to me they would both put up more of a fight, and have quicker reactions to each other's attacks.
Hum, now that you mentioned it, it's starting to bother me as well. Interesting comment! I might rework the fight a bit. But i still have a lot to learn and a lot of work to do technically and, in the case of your comment, in DB knowledge and coreography quality.

Anyway, thank you for the comment! I think if i stay home saturday (and with the weather this crappy it's a big possibility) i might finish most of the "rough cut" of the animation. I'll post updates by Sunday.

Thanks for the support, guys!

Zykar

Post by Zykar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Ok, guys! So let me apologize for the late update. I've now "finished" the Kamehameha scene even though i'll get back to it eventually to make some upgrades to it. Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ji6aC98a3A

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Post by JP6GAMER » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:40 am

Again great work! Now it's even better than before!