Dragon Ball ZF - movie (Fan - Animation Brazil)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Menkyon DBAF
Not-So-Newbie

Dragon Ball ZF - movie (Fan - Animation Brazil)

Post by Menkyon DBAF » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm

project dragon ball zf
Film is after Buu Saga,
authors group is
fan animators
of AnimaoMundo. :clap:

Video Release:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQGiN7qrvJQ
:: [ Rafaell "Menkyon" ] ::
:: My [ Deviantart ] - My [ dbPROJECT-PT ] ::

Usingnero
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball ZF - movie (Fan - Animation Brazil)

Post by Usingnero » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Not exactly sure how to respond to this, i'm guessing its a preview though?

Anywho, the animation is certainly decent for a fan production, much better then that of Absalon. But I do have some gripes, although i'm not sure if its due to upload problems or sub-par editing though. There's a constant occurrence of blatant cuts, screen goes black, music abruptly stops, scene comes in with abrupt music cue. The voice track sometimes feels like its improperly placed, as several times the characters would be speaking even though the mouths aren't.

Not too fond of the enemy designs, but they could grow on me if this project goes anywhere. Vegeta's form at the end also rather screams Absalon/AF as well, but all 'n all i'm indifferent to further SSJ designs.

The language barrier is certainly something keeping me from understanding though, so hopefully within due time, be it only for this preview or whatever comes of it, different subtitles can be added, else i'll be staying away, lol.

Still, animation is awesome, so i'm curious to see where this leads, and see if quality can be upheld or even improved once more material comes up.
I enjoy the Dragon Ball original AND Dub, even the VHS Fan-Sub's.
Supporter of fan made AF material, NOT a fanfiction reader.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Trunks: She's standing right over their...
Goku: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, BULMA'S YOUR MOTHER?!

Menkyon DBAF
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Menkyon DBAF » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Usingnero wrote:Not exactly sure how to respond to this, i'm guessing its a preview though?

Anywho, the animation is certainly decent for a fan production, much better then that of Absalon. But I do have some gripes, although i'm not sure if its due to upload problems or sub-par editing though. There's a constant occurrence of blatant cuts, screen goes black, music abruptly stops, scene comes in with abrupt music cue. The voice track sometimes feels like its improperly placed, as several times the characters would be speaking even though the mouths aren't.

Not too fond of the enemy designs, but they could grow on me if this project goes anywhere. Vegeta's form at the end also rather screams Absalon/AF as well, but all 'n all i'm indifferent to further SSJ designs.

The language barrier is certainly something keeping me from understanding though, so hopefully within due time, be it only for this preview or whatever comes of it, different subtitles can be added, else i'll be staying away, lol.

Still, animation is awesome, so i'm curious to see where this leads, and see if quality can be upheld or even improved once more material comes up.
seeks to understand
that
animation fans
nonprofit ...
animation is
better than dbabsalon.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:25 am

I think they should draw animation themselves instead of tracing official stuff. I could recognize all of these at a glance.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:37 am

I KNEW some of those shots looked familiar! :thumbdown:
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:33 am

I liked the version of the trailer that had Vegeta's dub voice as Maouji Vegeta randomly in there. That was great.

Also the tracing is really overdone if even I notice it.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Menkyon DBAF
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Menkyon DBAF » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:34 pm

it is
I also realize
copies of scenes ... :lol: