"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Bandai planning to "conquer the world"?

Post by Rukura » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:31 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Wii U's not doing well and because of such the price's have dropped a good amount. Like, from £250 to £189.99 it hurts them [sellers] to be selling at this price but otherwise no one would buy it. Neither does it have many games, that and developers are avoiding it.
And that affects the possibility of it being released there how? The Wii U has been doing some catching up with HD games with new features and even new ones with exclusive content. There's also the release of the last Deus Ex that came out for it with some new stuff, that they're hyping up, as well.

None of this has anything to do with the possibility of it being released there, though.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Wii U is supposed to be part of the eighth generation and yet all it has is seventh generation games from 1 or 2 years ago, this just shows that it isn't next-gen and the console is only slightly more powerful than a 360 / PS3.

Basically, it just isn't profitable and Nintendo isn't even doing anything to improve Wii U's case.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Rukura wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:Wii U's not doing well and because of such the price's have dropped a good amount. Like, from £250 to £189.99 it hurts them [sellers] to be selling at this price but otherwise no one would buy it. Neither does it have many games, that and developers are avoiding it.
And that affects the possibility of it being released there how?
Simple, people aren't jumping on to the Wii-U bandwagon. And with such a little audience versus the audience on the PS3 and 360, it's hard to justify putting efforts into that system. I don't think Namco Bandai has the sources financially or developer wise to make a game for three systems, and currently going exclusive is a bit of a risk. That's not to say the Wii-U can't or won't get a game, but at the moment I find it hard to imagine they will get one this year.

When Nintendo throws out more 1st party games(ironically) that's when you'll see the install base jump. From there, we'll probably see more developers going after the Wii-U market.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:13 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:I don't think Namco Bandai has the sources financially or developer wise to make a game for three systems
Like a Young Justice game that they just announced for all of them? I don't think that's as big as a Tekken, either.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Rukura wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:I don't think Namco Bandai has the sources financially or developer wise to make a game for three systems
Like a Young Justice game that they just announced for all of them? I don't think that's as big as a Tekken, either.
There is a Young Justice game coming out? I doubt the budget for it is high...

EDIT: I looked up the trailer, and the Wii-U wasn't listed as platform
http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:49 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:EDIT: I looked up the trailer, and the Wii-U wasn't listed as platform
http://www.youngjusticelegacy.com/
If it's not, then Namco Bandai got that wrong in their own upload of the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ids0fnSwXts

EDIT: Oh, I think it might just be in the name of the trailer. Still, Deus Ex is coming to the Wii U. That's bigger than it lol (Albeit, not a Namco title)

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Rukura wrote:Still, Deus Ex is coming to the Wii U. That's bigger than it lol (Albeit, not a Namco title)
It's also two years old. I'm not trying to downplay the Wii U or call it a failed system. But it's definitely fighting an uphill battle and for this year I wouldn't get too excited for a Wii-U Dragonball game. At least not a main, holiday, title.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:54 am

I kinda doubt we will get a Sparking HD collection. The Budokai series got one most likely because it was the 10th anniversary of the first game and the first Budokai game is the reason why we have DBZ games in the first place. If Budokai bombed back in 2002, Budokai 2 - DBZ for Kinect would have never been made.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I kinda doubt we will get a Sparking HD collection. The Budokai series got one most likely because it was the 10th anniversary of the first game and the first Budokai game is the reason why we have DBZ games in the first place. If Budokai bombed back in 2002, Budokai 2 - DBZ for Kinect would have never been made.
I don't think we'll be getting a sparking hd collection either. I just hope they can make a good game. which they haven't in 2 years (imo)
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:35 pm

The Wii U is not doing well at the moment because there is good games for it at the moment. The Wii did well when it came out since you had Twilight Princess which had a lot of hype going for it. Once Super Smash Bros 4, a new Mario game (Not New Super Mario Bros. U) and other major titles come out for it then it can do better. I doubt we will get a Dragon Ball game on the Wii U, but maybe in another year or two.
She/Her

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm actually hoping for something on 3DS and PS3/360. I'm betting we'll get some kind of fighter for 3DS at some point.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:11 pm

It would be funny if it was Dragon Ball Z for Kinect 2 :lol:
She/Her

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:It would be funny if it was Dragon Ball Z for Kinect 2 :lol:
Don't even joke about that! :x

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 pm

If NetherRealm Studios were to be the chosen development team to produce the new Dragon Ball Z fighting game, I would be so happy their Mortal Kombat 9 and Injustice: Gods Among Us are excellent beat 'em up games.

Relying only on Japanese developers just isn't working well, Namco Bandai needs to give western developers a chance too.

NB's Dragon Ball Z yearly games' not the only one with a crappy developer (Spike), One Piece (Omega Force) is in the same boat too.

Whatever Omega Force develops it's always very similar, it's as if they make absolutely no effort to make it fun.

Dynasty Warriors = One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Fist of the North: Star Ken's Rage, Dynasty Gundam

People should complain about other companies who're constantly making the same games in different forms than just Activision's Call of Duty.
Last edited by dbboxkaifan on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:31 pm

85,212 now, so it's increased by nearly 200 since yesterday. If it kicks it up to 200, and sticks at that pace until we get to 100,000, we'll only have to wait like 75 days. :P

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:24 am

NetherRealm Studios is apart of Warner Bros and they are most likely going to work on MK10 soon. I also doubt they would work on a Dragon Ball game since I don't think most of their staff are fans of the franchise or even care about it.
She/Her

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:51 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:NetherRealm Studios is apart of Warner Bros and they are most likely going to work on MK10 soon. I also doubt they would work on a Dragon Ball game since I don't think most of their staff are fans of the franchise or even care about it.
Yeah so if they were to make one it be the same as burst limit. A lot of potential but not enough time working on it.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 pm

For everyone who can't access the page.

BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:39 pm

It seems like that they trying to hype up this game with these teaser images. I'm not hype up yet since I know that the game we might get won't be anything special.
She/Her

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Dragon Ball - Games wrote:......100k.....

- 4 hours ago
This is starting to get weird, if they already have it scheduled it doesn't matter whether or not they get 100k likes or not.

Most likely they'll just achieve 100k likes by autumn (fall) or 2014.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray