Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hleV
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by hleV » Wed May 29, 2013 10:09 am

Draken wrote: Going SSJ3 would be even worse. When was it ever implied SSJ3 was a rage type boost? It seems something more you'd have to be in complete control of to handle.
I didn't mean SS3 as a rage boost. Vegeta managed to fight Beerus to an extent, but that would only make sense if he was a SS3. And even that would be hard to comprehend, as it would mean that SS3 Vegeta's stronger than SS3 Goku. Still better than SS(2) Vegeta getting a rage boost out of nowhere and surpassing SS3 Goku.
Brodes wrote: Cell killed Trunks. Vegeta went batshit against Cell. The way the whole scene plays out says rage boost to me.
There's no indication whatsoever that Vegeta's anger at Cell had made him stronger. It would've been noted if he had.

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Wed May 29, 2013 10:29 am

hleV wrote:
Draken wrote: Going SSJ3 would be even worse. When was it ever implied SSJ3 was a rage type boost? It seems something more you'd have to be in complete control of to handle.
I didn't mean SS3 as a rage boost. Vegeta managed to fight Beerus to an extent, but that would only make sense if he was a SS3. And even that would be hard to comprehend, as it would mean that SS3 Vegeta's stronger than SS3 Goku. Still better than SS(2) Vegeta getting a rage boost out of nowhere and surpassing SS3 Goku.
Brodes wrote: Cell killed Trunks. Vegeta went batshit against Cell. The way the whole scene plays out says rage boost to me.
There's no indication whatsoever that Vegeta's anger at Cell had made him stronger. It would've been noted if he had.
Would they have really bothered to note, at this point against Cell, a possible rage boost or an increase in strength from Vegeta? They know that Gohan is the only person on the planet (as far as they're concerned, in the galaxy?) who can touch him, no matter what. They don't note every single rage boost every other time, either, unless they need to.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 29, 2013 10:41 am

hleV wrote:Vegeta's "rage power boost" contradicted the original DB. He's not Gohan. It should've just been SS3.
Vegeta suspected in the manga that Goku was stronger because he was fighting for the ones he loves. Then in BoG, Vegeta gets stronger when he fights for the one he loves, Bulma (the only other time that Vegeta got angry for someone other than his himself was when Cell killed Trunks, but Vegeta hadn't completely turned into a good guy yet, so I guess that's why he didn't get a rage boost). Toriyama said that Ki is composed from genki (energy), yuuki (bravery), and shouki (true character), so I guess it's related with yuuki and/or shouki.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
hleV wrote:Vegeta's "rage power boost" contradicted the original DB. He's not Gohan. It should've just been SS3.
Vegeta suspected in the manga that Goku was stronger because he was fighting for the ones he loves. Then in BoG, Vegeta gets stronger when he fights for the one he loves, Bulma (the only other time that Vegeta got angry for someone other than his himself was when Cell killed Trunks, but Vegeta hadn't completely turned into a good guy yet, so I guess that's why he didn't get a rage boost). Toriyama said that Ki is composed from genki (energy), yuuki (bravery), and shouki (true character), so I guess it's related with yuuki and/or shouki.
Kind of ties into my theory that Vegeta, now being a true good guy, is able to tap into the well of "shonen bullshit" power.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Wed May 29, 2013 1:21 pm

2014? I'm seeing a new report saying August 2013.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed May 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
soulnova wrote:Cinepolis, the most important cinema chain in Mexico, posted on their Facebook wall that they will also bring Battle of Gods to their screens (just as Cinemex). Just five hours later, the announcement already has 6,322 comments, 21,817 shares and 41,591 likes.

8)
Really, do you know when? I may travel from California to Mexico to see it.

Will it have subtitles or just be in Spanish?
We don't know. It seems Diamonds Films is aware the clusterfuck supernova it would create all over the continent if the movie doesn't have the original Mexican voices.

Very basic ones they MUST have are: Goku, Vegeta, Piccoro, Gohan, Goten... Trunks perhaps.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Wed May 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
soulnova wrote:Cinepolis, the most important cinema chain in Mexico, posted on their Facebook wall that they will also bring Battle of Gods to their screens (just as Cinemex). Just five hours later, the announcement already has 6,322 comments, 21,817 shares and 41,591 likes.

8)

OMG OMG OMG I just found out about the Mexican relase! Odds are, the movie is only gonna be released dubbed in Spanish, animated movies are never released subtitled

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed May 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Rod wrote:
Kid Buu wrote:

8)

OMG OMG OMG I just found out about the Mexican relase! Odds are, the movie is only gonna be released dubbed in Spanish, animated movies are never released subtitled

This is true... I only hope they get to an agreement with the original voices. They are regarded as some of the best in the industry now so they might not be cheap. Heck, if there's a kickstarter to get the money I'm sure the fans would be willing to pay to bring them in. I would pay!
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Wed May 29, 2013 7:55 pm

soulnova wrote:This is true... I only hope they get to an agreement with the original voices. They are regarded as some of the best in the industry now so they might not be cheap. Heck, if there's a kickstarter to get the money I'm sure the fans would be willing to pay to bring them in. I would pay!
For Castañeda and Co.? I easily would pay for them too!!! Pay for them is to ensure a unimaginable success in Latam.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Non-theater-yet-BOG-related-question; Does anyone know what the chances are of one of the companies that makes DB figures eventually coming out with (and what time frame) non-SD figures for Beers and ssjg Goku?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu May 30, 2013 6:54 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
But Vegeta also said that was wrong, and Goku never got rage boosts either. It was only Gohan, and that's because of his hybrid nature.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu May 30, 2013 9:11 am

Saiga wrote:But Vegeta also said that was wrong
He didn't say that, he said that perhaps it is true, but wondered why he didn't get that power as well now that he was fighting for others as well.
Saiga wrote:Goku never got rage boosts either.
Goku has a pure heart since almost ever, and fights for both his enjoyment & to protect his friends & planet. Vegeta was pure evil for most of his life, and always fought for himself. Even when he became a daddy, he never wanted to show his true feelings. So, it seems the "mysterious power" that Vegeta theorized that Goku had is passive for Goku (because of his pure personality), but occasional for Vegeta (due to his stubborn personality).

Gohan's rage boost comes from different reasons than Vegeta's. They are two completely different things.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri May 31, 2013 6:35 pm

Looks like someone's already pre-ordered their Blu-Ray. You know who they are by now:
http://ameblo.jp/yoyocom69/entry-11541873831.html

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Fri May 31, 2013 6:37 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Looks like someone's already pre-ordered their Blu-Ray. You know who they are by now:
Where did they pre order it from?
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri May 31, 2013 6:43 pm

Avenged wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Looks like someone's already pre-ordered their Blu-Ray. You know who they are by now:
Where did they pre order it from?
From the look of the receipt, HMV.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:42 am

Amazon page! I wonder what on-disc extras there are and on which releases?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:33 am

It's so pretty... TuT

I promised myself I wouldn't get the limited edition one unless there was something amazing in there that I haven't already seen in the various promotional material that came out leading up to the theater release, but aw man this mock-up art makes it look so nice...
Even one of the discs is magenta! TuT

I'll decide as soon as I learn more about what the extras are.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:59 am

Mmmm, bye-bye $100:

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:01 am

The promo on the Amazon page has a different version of Cha-La-Head-Cha-La than the Flow one, huh.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:26 am

Okay so...
  • DVD
  • Blu-ray
  • Limited DVD
  • Limited Blu-ray
  • Limited Blu-ray w/ Steelbook
Awaiting news on extras...
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki