How popular are Zard and Field of View in Japan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

urhash
Not-So-Newbie

How popular are Zard and Field of View in Japan?

Post by urhash » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:57 pm

I've only heard a few of Zard's songs, and only "Dan Dan Kokoro" by Field of View, but I was wondering how popular are they in Japan?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:07 pm

They were quite popular in Japan. I know that Field of View haven't been together for a while now. They also did the opening song for the first Yugi-Oh! movie, plus another really funny coincidence is that the closing song for that movie was done by the group Wands, who did the song "Sabitsuita Mashingan de Ima o Uchinuko" at the end of GT. There's your useless fact for today kids! :D

eienmic
Not-So-Newbie

Post by eienmic » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:40 am

I don't know too much about Field of View but I do consider myself a ZARD enthusiast. ZARD started out as a band of 5 members, but that didn't last long and now consists only of the lead vocalist, Izumi Sakai. ZARD has enjoyed much success in their 14 years and they're still going strong though not as strong as they once were. 9 out of 15 of their albums were at the number 1 spot in the Oricon (the Japanese equivalent of the Billboards). As for their singles, 13 out of 37 also went single. ZARD has produced theme songs for many popualr animes like Slam Dunk, Detective Conan and of course Dragon Ball GT. They did Don't You See! and also wrote the lyrics for "Dan Dan..." which was covered by Field of View. Recently, ZARD held a series of live concerts in Japan. Tickets were hard to come by and sold out quickly. Hope that provided some useful information to any fans that might be interested in her.
http://eienmic.deviantart.com/

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:23 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:They were quite popular in Japan. I know that Field of View haven't been together for a while now. They also did the opening song for the first Yugi-Oh! movie, plus another really funny coincidence is that the closing song for that movie was done by the group Wands, who did the song "Sabitsuita Mashingan de Ima o Uchinuko" at the end of GT. There's your useless fact for today kids! :D
Actually, that song from the first Yuugiou movie was played in the entire first series (NOT season -- series). I think they also did more songs for Yuugiou... Similarly, the ending theme from the first movie is also in the series.

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:12 am

Hikaru Utada is better. Mmm-MM!
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:29 am

Yes I like some of her songs, and I think she's a talented singer and artist, and I think each successive album of hers has gotten progressively better, but I'm more into Maaya Sakamoto and Gackt. 8) Some of her songs, especially on her first album are too R&B, which I'm not into as much as other genres. I do love the songs "Distance", "Deep River", and "Hiakari/Simple and Clean" though. 8)