Help on buying GT shipped to Europe

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kindertuin
Beyond Newbie

Help on buying GT shipped to Europe

Post by kindertuin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi everyone :).
I'm trying to find a cheap way to buy the full dragonball GT serie.
Since i live in Belgium, its hard to find a good copie with japanese voices and english subs.

I looked at ebay and the gt box from funimation cost around 70 euros (not including shipping...).
I saw on amazone that it can be as low as 30 euro...

So my question, where can i buy a cheap version of the full serie and be able to pay with PAYPAL?

Thanks for all the help :).

I also bought this http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/16117522740 ... 1439.l2649 for 190 dollar. Did i pay too much for this???

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Help on buying GT for europe...

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:33 pm

These will be released on January:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Gt- ... on+ball+gt

Even if you don't want to buy them from amazon because they don't accept paypal, I'm pretty sure they will soon become available on ebay.co.uk.
kindertuin wrote:
I also bought this http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/16117522740 ... 1439.l2649 for 190 dollar. Did i pay too much for this???
A little. On amazon.co.uk they are listed for £87,23 which is about €105,00, plus shipping, but shipping to Belgium from amazon.co.uk is free on most items if the order is over £25, so you could have bought them from amazon.co.uk with free shipping for about €105 (it would vary a little depending on the VAT of your country, but it would be a small difference).
Last edited by rereboy on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:36 pm

You could buy the french dub-only dvds too. Or just buy from Ebay. They should ship internationally. But be aware you might have to pay some extra import money.

kindertuin
Beyond Newbie

Post by kindertuin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:40 pm

rereboy wrote:These will be released on January:

Even if you don't want to buy them from amazon because they don't accept paypal, I'm pretty sure they will soon become available on ebay.co.uk.
Well, here it is much less http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-GT-Se ... on+ball+gt or is this some kind of promotion?

What is a fare price to pay for a dvd set that includes the full serie???

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:47 pm

kindertuin wrote:
Well, here it is much less http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-GT-Se ... on+ball+gt or is this some kind of promotion?

I edited my previous post to include more information. Check it out.

As for that link, Amazon.com is from the USA. They usually have everything cheaper than Europe. However, importing from Amazon.com you would have pay for shipping from the USA and there might be extra import charges for your country.

However, importing from Amazon.co.uk, since its in the UK, another member of the EU, you wouldn't pay import charges, and you also wouldn't pay for shipping since amazon.co.uk has free shipping in most orders over £25 to Belgium.

A fair price is whatever you feel like paying. I, personally, prefer to pay as little as possible as long as the quality of the product and the service satisfies me, like most people do.

kindertuin
Beyond Newbie

Post by kindertuin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:19 pm

rereboy wrote:
kindertuin wrote:

As for that link, Amazon.com is from the USA. They usually have everything cheaper than Europe. However, importing from Amazon.com you would have pay for shipping from the USA and there might be extra import charges for your country.

However, importing from Amazon.co.uk, since its in the UK, another member of the EU, you wouldn't pay import charges, and you also wouldn't pay for shipping since amazon.co.uk has free shipping in most orders over £25 to Belgium.

A fair price is whatever you feel like paying. I, personally, prefer to pay as little as possible as long as the quality of the product and the service satisfies me, like most people do.
But isn't the problem that you can't use paypal on amazone? I don't have a creditecard...

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:57 pm

kindertuin wrote:
rereboy wrote:
kindertuin wrote:

But isn't the problem that you can't use paypal on amazone? I don't have a creditecard...
You don't need a credit card to use paypal - you can use a bank transfer to have the precise amount of money you need to buy something - this way even if someone later hacks into your account (what in all probability won't happen if you stay reasonable about standard internet security) there won't simply be any money to use.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm

I personally would recommend you, to hunt down GT singles, they shouldn`t be too expensive to get, and, in my opinion, they are superior release, they have Episode Previews, and you don`t have to worry about regions, they are region 1 and 2.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:09 pm

coola wrote:I personally would recommend you, to hunt down GT singles, they shouldn`t be too expensive to get, and, in my opinion, they are superior release, they have Episode Previews, and you don`t have to worry about regions, they are region 1 and 2.
Hunting down the GT Singles can be a bit costly, but since it's available in four boxsets that should help out however, if he doesn't care for the Japanese credits or the NEPs then the Green Bricks are perfectly fine.

Dragon Ball GT: The Complete Series on eBay.co.uk for £36.84.

The UK Green Bricks have the nice advantage of using the original Dragon Ball GT logo according to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Gt- ... +gt+season
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm

kindertuin wrote:
There are many options available even if you don't have a credit card. Amazon.co.uk accepts credit and debit cards as long as they are: Visa, Delta, Visa Electron, MasterCard, EuroCard, American Express, UK based Maestro and Solo cards.

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:07 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:The UK Green Bricks have the nice advantage of using the original Dragon Ball GT logo according to Amazon.
Pretty sure that's just for the cover. The DVDs themselves will most likely use the exact same footage that FUNi's sets used. I believe they did the same thing for One Piece as well; Original logo on the box, FUNi's edited gold-logo in the actual episodes.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Help on buying GT shipped to Europe

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Yep that's right, Vegard. Still it's pretty cool for collectors, when they drop to £10 each I'll get 'em both.
rereboy wrote:There are many options available even if you don't have a credit card. Amazon.co.uk accepts credit and debit cards as long as they are: Visa, Delta, Visa Electron, MasterCard, EuroCard, American Express, UK based Maestro and Solo cards.
I once tried pre-ordering at the time Dragon Box 6 (or 7, I can't remember clearly) with a debit card of Visa and it didn't work unfortunately so that forced me to get the WeBuy digital card which you know which bank belongs to in PT.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:46 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Yep that's right, Vegard. Still it's pretty cool for collectors, when they drop to £10 each I'll get 'em both.
rereboy wrote:There are many options available even if you don't have a credit card. Amazon.co.uk accepts credit and debit cards as long as they are: Visa, Delta, Visa Electron, MasterCard, EuroCard, American Express, UK based Maestro and Solo cards.
I once tried pre-ordering at the time Dragon Box 6 (or 7, I can't remember clearly) with a debit card of Visa and it didn't work unfortunately so that forced me to get the WeBuy digital card which you know which bank belongs to in PT.
I personally use MBnet. Great service, even in terms of security, since we don't actually have to give the number of our real card. Anyway, there's a lot of options out there. I'm sure that in Belgium there must be also services like that or similar.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:18 pm

I read about the MBNet but I wanted something better though.

kindertuin, if you could get access to a credit card than a debit card or what have you, it would be for the better since you'd have more options by using Amazon.co.uk + Amazon.com and many more.

I did the math if I were to buy the 5 GT Singles I'd end up paying more or less the same as I would with the Box 1. I thought it'd be cheaper 'cause they're in their own DVDs only. :P
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:58 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:I read about the MBNet but I wanted something better though.
Honestly, I don't know anything better and I can't really imagine how it could be improved.

Jord
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jord » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:25 pm

kindertuin wrote:Hi everyone :).
I'm trying to find a cheap way to buy the full dragonball GT serie.
Since i live in Belgium, its hard to find a good copie with japanese voices and english subs.

I looked at ebay and the gt box from funimation cost around 70 euros (not including shipping...).
I saw on amazone that it can be as low as 30 euro...

So my question, where can i buy a cheap version of the full serie and be able to pay with PAYPAL?

Thanks for all the help :).

Lol, Samson.

Anyway, I advise you to get a prepaid creditcard. They are cheap and only charge a small percentage of something you buy as cost for using the card. This means you won't have yearly fees and you only pay for using it. I got one from Netteller and it opens the gateway to amazon.co.uk who have very reasonable prices and shipping times to the Benelux. As a matter of fact I bought the 2nd GT box there earlier this year. The complete set now costs around 40 euros which is a pretty good price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Gt- ... dragonball

kindertuin
Beyond Newbie

Post by kindertuin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:57 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
coola wrote:Dragon Ball GT: The Complete Series on eBay.co.uk for £36.84.
Thanks for the hint, I'm going to buy these ones, they are not so high in price compaired to the rest I found!