"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:31 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:Still waiting for someone to go "hurrrrr durrrrr it's Bills not Beerus."
Idiots on the left, dumbasses on the right.

Put them together and what do you get? Bippidi Poppity Youtube!
Actually YouTube wad happy that thry used a correct name. I was shocked.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:06 am

Hi at all! Long time no "see".
Rukura wrote: On a side note, I'm gonna be out of town for xmas so I wanna play as much as I can this weekend. Anyone on the PS3 side of things interested in gathering some folk from here in a few battles? I know Timo should be up for it when he gets back online so that's two of us right there :P
EDIT: Or should a separate thread for this kinda stuff be opened?
It was pretty funny yesterday, besides the lag and the annoying matchmaking. I'm sure I'll be online with the PS3 later.

So far I like the game. Especially the music, menus and visuals. They're pretty "90ies arcade-esque".
First I was dissapointed by the gameplay and it's missing depth. Yes, it's an arcade style, multiplayer brawler but I think even games like Anarchy Reigns have more depth. Then again, Battle of Z is pure fun online. I'll buy it, however probably not for the full price.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:07 am

I have received much less positive reactions.

Upon posting the news in the comment section, I was called a weaboo and should "go back to watching Naruto and saying dattebayo."

I thought people were supposed to be jolly this time of year.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:10 am

Also an opinion of mine, Kikuchi fits this game much better than the tenkaichi series, maybe it's because the battles are longer I don't know but something feels better.
Also if anyone is up for some games my PSN is: BSSJ3
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:57 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:I have received much less positive reactions.

Upon posting the news in the comment section, I was called a weaboo and should "go back to watching Naruto and saying dattebayo."

I thought the third Naruto Shippuden movie was rather good. :V Anyway, yeah. I have tried playing this sucker with 2 other friends and...well...it's fun. But. It had serious issues as a fighter. The guard is OP. No grab. One combo. Strange lock-on that rapes the camera. I feel like I'll be sittin this one out, but I might still buy it. Iunno...
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Almost a month 'till release and Amazon UK still have it at £49.99. I'm not even willing to spend £35 let alone £49.99 I guess I'll wait 'till mid-year.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Almost a month 'till release and Amazon UK still have it at £49.99. I'm not even willing to spend £35 let alone £49.99 I guess I'll wait 'till mid-year.
The demo instead of proving that it's worthy of pre-ordering made me feel the opposite way, plus Namco Bandai didn't even let people see the opening I had to decode the damn thing and still that didn't have any background music (or it was somewhere else). To top this mess up it comes with replacement music of RB1 and UT, jeez, it can't get any worse than it is already.

As I've been playing Dragon Ball Z: The Legend I have noticed that ARTDINK has taken some notes from DBZ:TL but personally I have more fun play TL than BOZ, and the music's a lot more enjoyable.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:58 pm

TheAldella wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:I have received much less positive reactions.

I thought the third Naruto Shippuden movie was rather good. :V Anyway, yeah. I have tried playing this sucker with 2 other friends and...well...it's fun. But. It had serious issues as a fighter. The guard is OP. No grab. One combo. Strange lock-on that rapes the camera. I feel like I'll be sittin this one out, but I might still buy it. Iunno...
This game really isn't a fighter, it's more of a free for all. It's kind of like DBZ Legends where the controls are basic (you just have ki and melee) and you do a super move if you win, in BOZ it's the same except you don't have to win to do super moves you just have to beat down the enemy enough for super moves.

I don't know what to expect for a story mode, but this game is pretty fun online.

If there is a sequel we'll see more refined controls and battle mechanics.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Really hope a sequel takes a page from Gundam VS games and adds all those combos possibilities thanks to the movement system and the overall moveset (one combo for each direction and 4 specials).
Even without that, this game is damn fun online, I'm really looking foward to the rest of the movesets.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:44 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Almost a month 'till release and Amazon UK still have it at £49.99. I'm not even willing to spend £35 let alone £49.99 I guess I'll wait 'till mid-year.
The demo instead of proving that it's worthy of pre-ordering made me feel the opposite way, plus Namco Bandai didn't even let people see the opening I had to decode the damn thing and still that didn't have any background music (or it was somewhere else). To top this mess up it comes with replacement music of RB1 and UT, jeez, it can't get any worse than it is already.

As I've been playing Dragon Ball Z: The Legend I have noticed that ARTDINK has taken some notes from DBZ:TL but personally I have more fun play TL than BOZ, and the music's a lot more enjoyable.
Wait, there's a demo out???
Ha, proves how invested I am in the game.
Guess, I'll have to check this demo out myself.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:57 pm

So do any other countries get to dub this game? OR is it just English and JPN again?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:52 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:So do any other countries get to dub this game? OR is it just English and JPN again?
Japanese and English.

Most in Europe are likely to switch to the Japanese track since that's what they're mostly used to over their country's dub rather than the English FUNimation dub. It's also worth noting that their Dragon Ball DVD releases feature Japanese audio so you see.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:02 pm

chaospunishment:
chaospunishment: "Hi Namco, can we please test Battle of Z before it comes out so we can find glitches and see if it's balanced?"

Namco: "Balance? Glitches? What are those!? This needs to be done by a specialized company and shouldn't be a form of hobby."

Literally their reply

If this demo is anything like the other demos its the full game with removed features. Nothing will change.

I've found so many broken glitches I can't even upload them since the online is here.
If you follow Chaospunishment videos you would know that he's like the ultimate glitch finder. This is a BIG mistake on Namco part. Since Spike allowed Chaos to speak his opinion and even took some of his ideas.

Also transformations(SSJ Goku ect) will have less cards and stats than Base forms.
Dragonball Z Battle of Z - "Transformed characters have less card slots" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnN348FqEYs
This is wrong and as you can see by this video unbalanced

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:05 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:chaospunishment:
chaospunishment: "Hi Namco, can we please test Battle of Z before it comes out so we can find glitches and see if it's balanced?"

Namco: "Balance? Glitches? What are those!? This needs to be done by a specialized company and shouldn't be a form of hobby."

Literally their reply

If this demo is anything like the other demos its the full game with removed features. Nothing will change.

I've found so many broken glitches I can't even upload them since the online is here.
I find that very hard to believe. Of course a company wouldn't give a random Youtuber an early copy of the game, especially with a message like that.

As for transformations having less card spots, it makes sense. I'd imagine transformations to, by default, be more powerful than base forms. So base forms would need more card slots to have a chance.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Big Momma wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:chaospunishment:

Literally their reply

I find that very hard to believe. Of course a company wouldn't give a random Youtuber an early copy of the game, especially with a message like that.

As for transformations having less card spots, it makes sense. I'd imagine transformations to, by default, be more powerful than base forms. So base forms would need more card slots to have a chance.
Wait you found what hard to believe?

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Even more broken glitches? Haha, i'm not even surprised.

So much for this "fun." This online "fun" isn't going to last very long once more people start discovering more of these glitches and abusing them online. And since this game doesn't even have offline play against other human players(unless we are talking about the Vita version). Hell , I wonder how long the supposed fun is going to last when people like me are going to be abusing guarding+dashing to the back, sides, etc and kicking ass with piccolo.

Whats eventually going to happen is that the novelty is going to wear off, and people will complain about these broken elements. They aren't going to think" well uhh since it isn't a fighter, it's excused!" like some other posters here. Nope, they are going to call it out for what it is. And unless Artdink or whoever, patches it, it'll eventually turn people away from the game. Because you know what can help ruin fun? Blatant unfair advantages.
Last edited by Silkman3003 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Silkman3003 wrote:Even more broken glitches? Haha, i'm not even surprised.

So much for this "fun." This online "fun" isn't going to last very long once more people start discovering more of these glitches and abusing them online. And since this game doesn't even have offline play against other human players(unless we are talking about the Vita version). Hell , I wonder how long the supposed fun is going to last when people like me are going to be abusing guarding+dashing to the back, sides, etc and kicking ass with piccolo.

Whats eventually going to happen is that the novelty is going to wear off, and people will complain about these broken elements. They aren't going to think" well uhh since it isn't a fighter, it's excused!" Nope, they are going to call it out for what it is. And unless Artdink or whoever, patches it, it'll eventually turn people away from the game.
Funny you mentioned that. If you ho on Chaos channel he hacked Nappa onto online so he can use it. Nappa a GREAT spam character. More so than Piccolo

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:52 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Silkman3003 wrote:Even more broken glitches? Haha, i'm not even surprised.

Whats eventually going to happen is that the novelty is going to wear off, and people will complain about these broken elements. They aren't going to think" well uhh since it isn't a fighter, it's excused!" Nope, they are going to call it out for what it is. And unless Artdink or whoever, patches it, it'll eventually turn people away from the game.
Funny you mentioned that. If you ho on Chaos channel he hacked Nappa onto online so he can use it. Nappa a GREAT spam character. More so than Piccolo
Heck, Goku thanks to the kiai shield can be as spammy as Piccolo.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Tumblr

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:01 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
That he actually got a response like that, and that he actually thought they would give him an early copy.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Big Momma wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
That he actually got a response like that, and that he actually thought they would give him an early copy.
The full message he got below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7uTJXHwXwc