What song do you find yourself humming most often (if any)?
- TheBlackPaladin
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3772
- Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm
What song do you find yourself humming most often (if any)?
For some odd reason, even though it's not my favorite "Dragon Ball"-related song (or a song that was made for "Dragon Ball" for that matter), I find myself humming "DAN DAN" all the time. I don't know why. It's just catchy that way, I suppose.
What about you guys?
What about you guys?
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Dan Dan sure is a catchy song, I find myself humming it all the time as well.(The fact that this instrumental exists doesn't help).
I also find myself humming this as well most of the time.
I also find myself humming this as well most of the time.
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
THIS DAMN SOING
I swear to god, once it's in my head, it NEVER leaves.
I swear to god, once it's in my head, it NEVER leaves.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.
Deadtuber.
Deadtuber.
- DBZGTKOSDH
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 12401
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
- Location: Greece
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
I know that feeling.AjayLikesGaming wrote:THIS DAMN SOING
I swear to god, once it's in my head, it NEVER leaves.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.
Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.
- TheGmGoken
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10592
- Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
- Location: Capsule Corps
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Ginyu Force theme I think. Whatever the song is when Goku use Kaioken x3 on Vegeta.
DA DA DA DA!
DA DA DA DA!
- Fionordequester
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2879
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
http://www.viddler.com/v/a9c946c2
This song right here, especially the version I linked to (which, sadly, only played once in the entire dub), is one of my favorite Team Faulconer tracks just for all atmospheric and chilling it is. It manages to be both sad, scary, and depressing at the same time. It makes me think of a villain (like say, Virginia from Once Upon a Time, or Loki from the Thor movies) who's really hurting inside, to the point where, no matter how confident they are on the outside, they're a mass of open wounds on the inside, and they need help...but you also know that the moment you try, you're most likely going to be brutally murdered or something. So no matter how much you wish otherwise, there's really no helping them, and because of that, those characters are also really frightening.
And of course, it also reflects the tragedy of Buu's character, and is of course, really foreboding. And it's simple enough to hum along to yourself when you're feeling blue or something.
This song right here, especially the version I linked to (which, sadly, only played once in the entire dub), is one of my favorite Team Faulconer tracks just for all atmospheric and chilling it is. It manages to be both sad, scary, and depressing at the same time. It makes me think of a villain (like say, Virginia from Once Upon a Time, or Loki from the Thor movies) who's really hurting inside, to the point where, no matter how confident they are on the outside, they're a mass of open wounds on the inside, and they need help...but you also know that the moment you try, you're most likely going to be brutally murdered or something. So no matter how much you wish otherwise, there's really no helping them, and because of that, those characters are also really frightening.
And of course, it also reflects the tragedy of Buu's character, and is of course, really foreboding. And it's simple enough to hum along to yourself when you're feeling blue or something.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".
- Ringworm128
- Banned
- Posts: 2976
- Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 am
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Ever since I got into the series the menu music for the season sets has come creeping back into my head.
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
DB's opening theme and Rock the Dragon.
- NitroEX
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1694
- Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:21 am
- Location: Not America
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Why have I not seen this footage before? Can someone tell me where this is from?AjayLikesGaming wrote:THIS DAMN SOING
I swear to god, once it's in my head, it NEVER leaves.
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
It's just the beginning of the DBZ movie 4. And I too like to whistle this little melody sometimes 
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Did Menza compose that? To be honest, it sounds like FUNi could have got it from a royalty free music site like Incompetech or something. They could have used just an instrumental version of Head Cha La or something. It just doesn't fit DBZ.ringworm128 wrote:Ever since I got into the series the menu music for the season sets has come creeping back into my head.
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Cha-La-Head-Cha-La, Sanjou! Ginyu Tokusentai, Dragon Soul.
- Attitudefan
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2963
- Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Makafushigi Adventure most of the time, especially when doing something that exerts a lot of energy such as when I go for hikes. It keeps me in a good mood. 
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
I've mostly found myself humming to the instrumental version of Hitori Janai and Unmei No Hi.
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Don't hum often but I do catch myself singing Dragon Soul on a daily basis.
- cRookie_Monster
- OMG CRAZY REGEN
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:41 pm
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Contact:
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
I find myself singing this sometimes:
Heroic Trunks
Of the Japanese music, probably the melodies that come to mind the easiest are Dragon Soul and Head Chala.
Heroic Trunks
Of the Japanese music, probably the melodies that come to mind the easiest are Dragon Soul and Head Chala.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com
http://morganstudios.com
- Ringworm128
- Banned
- Posts: 2976
- Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 am
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
The music lets you know you're in for something epic and awesome. It's fitting for anything cool.Weejus wrote:Did Menza compose that? To be honest, it sounds like FUNi could have got it from a royalty free music site like Incompetech or something. They could have used just an instrumental version of Head Cha La or something. It just doesn't fit DBZ.ringworm128 wrote:Ever since I got into the series the menu music for the season sets has come creeping back into my head.
- TheAldella
- OMG CRAZY REGEN
- Posts: 924
- Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:03 pm
Re: What song do you find yourself humming most often (if an
Hitori Janai, I believe is the one that I hum often, but never really know what it's from.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.















