Dragon Ball Z Scrapers

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supersaiyan3
Not-So-Newbie

Dragon Ball Z Scrapers

Post by supersaiyan3 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Does anybody know where you can find a scraper for Dragon Ball Z that uses the same (translated) episode names and "seasons" as the Dragon Box? I'm trying to add my Dragon Box Z collection to my XBMC library, but it doesn't look like there's an easy way to do this, other than creating my own .nfo files.

TheTVDB only uses the Funi titles because they're "official". There used to be a separate entry on there just called Dragon Box Z, which had what I needed, but it eventually got deleted because they're really strict about what gets posted on there.

aniDB and IMDb also uses the Funi titles.

ANN has their own translations, which is annoying, but I've also never gotten their scraper to work correctly with XBMC.

And... that's all the scrapers that I'm aware of that work with XBMC and have a DBZ entry. Hopefully once the Kanzenshuu Wiki is ready, someone can set up a scraper that will pull episode info from there.
Alternatively, if anyone has already been through this dilemma and just created .nfo files for use with XBMC, I'd appreciate it if you posted a copy :thumbup:

(I wasn't sure where I should post this. Sorry if it needs to be moved.)

yamiace

Re: Dragon Ball Z Scrapers

Post by yamiace » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:02 am

i have the same problem! if you do find a way to get it done or find/create the nfo/metadata etc for it please let me know
Sorry for any grammar and punctuation errors i'm badly dyslexic

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 pm

It's not in a "scrapable" format, but I have been working on manually transcribing the stuff in the Dragon Books for my personal Plex server since I was dissatisfied with the auto-scraping metadata available from TheTVDB as well. I've only gotten up through Box 4, and then got busy with other stuff. I figured since I was typing them all in anyway, to just put them in a spreadsheet so I can copy and paste them in later.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

In the process of typing them up, I found a couple typos in the Dragon Book. I decided to keep them (with the appropriate "sic" comment), but I may have forgotten some of the earlier ones, since at the time, I originally decided to correct the typos.

Hope this helps! I may post here again when I update.

To mods:
Please let me know if this is in violation of any copyright or site rules, and I'll remove the link. Thanks!

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 pm

When I opened this thread, I expected to find Dragon Ball-branded "scrapers": the kind you'd use to scrape ice off a car in winter.

I come away disappointed. :(
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:04 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:When I opened this thread, I expected to find Dragon Ball-branded "scrapers": the kind you'd use to scrape ice off a car in winter.

I come away disappointed. :(
Nice to know I wasent the only one thinking that.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

supersaiyan3
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supersaiyan3 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:52 am

If anyone still needs a scraper/.nfo files for Dragon Box Z... I just finished making them

They include the translated titles, episode summaries, original air date, and thumbnails -- exactly as they appeared in the Dragonbooks. And here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wwyrn2j7c0nv1sb/iDo7kQX6Bu (I've never used dropbox to share a specific link before so sorry if it's not showing up and I'll repost it somewhere else)

Just rename your video files to match the .nfo file name and have them in the same folder. Make sure you follow XBMC's folder structure, and remember that you may need to clear your thumbnail cache for it to show up correctly.

- The show is sorted by the name "Dragon Box Z". This is because I'm adding the blu-ray season sets to my library, and wanted them be displayed separately.
- I intentionally left in the typos that were in the Dragonbook summaries
- Some of the actual file names are incorrect, but I corrected them in the .nfo file so they should show up correctly in your library.
- The main poster and banner were my poor attempts at using photoshop. I got the camera pan for the banner from this awesome thread.
- The season posters I included were the only ones with decent quality I could find online, but unfortunately, they're not the originals. They're from a custom set I found here.
- The fanart is from the Blu-ray season sets. Why? It needed to be widescreen and HD.
- Yes, I painstakingly went through each episode ("frame-by-frame") to get the exact same image preview as in the Dragonbooks. Some of them weren't even in their corresponding episode, and one of them was even a rotated camera pan.

Here's how it looks in my library now:

If you notice any typos that weren't in the Dragonbook, or if you just want to contribute (banners, posters, etc.), please feel free to.

* Note to the mods -- The download link only contains text files and screenshots. There shouldn't be any copywritten material in there (that wasn't already posted on this site). However, if there might be issues, I can take it down.