What if Arale came into Dragon Ball Z and beat the rivals?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What if Arale came into Dragon Ball Z and beat the rival

Post by Wobbuffet » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Honest question, since I've never read Dr. Slump (it was published once in my country, but it was cancelled):
What would Arale do against Buu? I mean, she may be strong, but he can regenerate.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:30 pm

But since she's from a gag manga then she is immortal too (there's actually a running joke in Dr. Slump about a devil called Chibiru and he tries to kill all the Dr. Slump characters to send them to his boss the devil or something like that, but they never die because they are from a gag manga, so his plans are screwed up). I guess she would probably throw a million poops at Buu until he got grossed out and ran away to a different planet or ended up becoming her friend and poking poops with her instead :lol:

Seriously, Dr. Slump is so awesome.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:57 pm

Wobbuffet wrote:What would Arale do against Buu? I mean, she may be strong, but he can regenerate.
She can beat him up, like Pure Boo & Beerus did to Mr. Boo. We don't know if Boo can die from this, but he can get KOed. And maybe the N'cha Cannon will be strong enough to erase him completely.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm honestly not sure if it's from the manga or not (surely it is though), but Arale does seem to have some kind of energy blast in one of the newer J-Stars videos that showcased her. Maybe that'd be strong enough to obliterate all of Boo's cells.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm honestly not sure if it's from the manga or not (surely it is though), but Arale does seem to have some kind of energy blast in one of the newer J-Stars videos that showcased her. Maybe that'd be strong enough to obliterate all of Boo's cells.
That's the N'cha Canon I mentioned (it's in the manga). It's an energy blast she fires from her mouth (by screaming "N'CHA!").
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:13 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:That's the N'cha Canon I mentioned (it's in the manga). It's an energy blast she fires from her mouth (by screaming "N'CHA!").
Ah, I didn't even see your post there, my bad. :? At what point in the manga does she get that? I've still never gotten any volumes past...3, I believe.

And wait a minute...why in the world did they not give her that in Tenkaichi 3?! I guess it could be cuz she didn't use it in Dragon Ball, but still...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:20 pm

She is a gag character and is as powerfull as she needs to be to make the chapter funny. If you take her power seriously, she is probably equal the the ginyu force. But she has nothing like an official power level.
Last edited by RedRibbonSoldier#42 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Arale wasn't featured in later portions of Dragon Ball for the same reason that Vegetto never came back. Because it'd just plain be unfair. :wink:
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:37 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Wobbuffet wrote:What would Arale do against Buu? I mean, she may be strong, but he can regenerate.
She can beat him up, like Pure Boo & Beerus did to Mr. Boo. We don't know if Boo can die from this, but he can get KOed. And maybe the N'cha Cannon will be strong enough to erase him completely.
I see. So Buu would have no chance either.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:25 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:At what point in the manga does she get that? I've still never gotten any volumes past...3, I believe.
I don't remember exactly when, but it shouldn't be very far from where you are.
And wait a minute...why in the world did they not give her that in Tenkaichi 3?! I guess it could be cuz she didn't use it in Dragon Ball, but still...
Yeah, always bugged be... :x

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:24 am

First of all, Arale is a gag character as stated here. She always will be strong as she need to be. She will be stronger than everyone else. She would defeat all anime character at the same time with one blast if the plot requires.

In terms of power, she has 0 relevance!!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:39 am

MDSTSSJ wrote:First of all, Arale is a gag character as stated here. She always will be strong as she need to be. She will be stronger than everyone else. She would defeat all anime character at the same time with one blast if the plot requires.

Actually, there are characters in Dr. Slump that are stronger than Arale.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:41 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
MDSTSSJ wrote:First of all, Arale is a gag character as stated here. She always will be strong as she need to be. She will be stronger than everyone else. She would defeat all anime character at the same time with one blast if the plot requires.

And Arale would defeat them if the plot required it.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:45 am

rereboy wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:

And Arale would defeat them if the plot required it.
But she didn't. She nearly got killed against all of them, she was destroyed.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 am

Because the plot required it. If the plot wanted to, she would defeat them all in the next chapter because of same gag reason or because she didn't try her best before or something. Gag manga are like that.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:18 am

Everything is plot-driven. If the plot required it, Raditz would be weaker than Goku.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Everything is plot-driven. If the plot required it, Raditz would be weaker than Goku.
Gag Arale is driven by gag plot requirements!!

That's why I don't take Arale in to account!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:47 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Everything is plot-driven. If the plot required it, Raditz would be weaker than Goku.
Obviously, that was not what I was saying at all. I'm sure that you understood clearly enough my point about the plot of a gag manga being completely free, unburden by coherency and even logic, unlike other manga that are not gag manga and aren't nearly as free, so I don't know why you even commented like you didn't understand what I was getting at.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 am

Arale was beaten fair & square in non-gag fights, and she never defeated any of there opponents, so I see no reason to assume that Arale would beat them the next day, gag manga or not.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:56 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Arale was beaten fair & square in non-gag fights, and she never defeated any of there opponents, so I see no reason to assume that Arale would beat them the next day, gag manga or not.
All I said was that Arale could have beaten them the next day easily since this is gag manga and so any reason would be reason enough to do so. You are just dancing around my point.