Super DBZ question

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super DBZ question

Post by 707 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:23 am

This is for the US version, bee tee doubleyou. (Why drop the scratch on the import when my birthday is creeping around the corner...)

What the hell does the "change my name" wish do, other than changing my name to Kanji? And if I'm using Goku, why doesn't the Kanji at least say SON GOKU instead of who-knows-what?

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Re: Super DBZ question

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:50 pm

707 wrote:This is for the US version, bee tee doubleyou. (Why drop the scratch on the import when my birthday is creeping around the corner...)

What the hell does the "change my name" wish do, other than changing my name to Kanji? And if I'm using Goku, why doesn't the Kanji at least say SON GOKU instead of who-knows-what?
It would be helpfull to know what you are seeing and a screenshot would be needed. I guess that if you choose that option, it does somthing to the effect of changing the text. No idea why that would be a cool feature of course.

PS: Are you sure it's kanji (which are chinese characters) and not katakana or hiragana? Kanji look like this:漢字 and katakana like this:カタカナ. Hiragana is the third type of characters and it looks like this:ひらがな
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:47 pm

I've seen it and it does appear to be kanji and not katakana or hiragana. My best guess would be that it's all too similar to those websites that translate English into Japanese poorly. >_>;
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Post by 707 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:30 pm

I know the difference between the three, I wouldn't just spout out "kanji!" without knowing what I'm talking about.

Anyway, there's definately a TEN in there, but its not Tenkaichi, or Tenshinhan.

Then again, now that I look at it, it might actually be Tenkaichi... just all jumbled up. It definitely says "I" (something) "Ten" (something).

I would screen cap it if I could.

I wish this made Goku talk in Japanese instead of being completely retarded and pointless.

Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr. Announcer » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:32 pm

Yes, that would have been an awesome feature. So you don't get 孫悟空? Just four symbols with 天 something? Sounds like they just threw a couple of kanji together to me since most people wouldn't know the difference but who knows? If anyone could get a screencap of this that would be nice.
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!