Super Dragonball Z - Have it? Share your thoughts!

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:13 am

Duo wrote: #18 is a cyborg enhanced almost entirely with biological components. The extremely few mechanical components are mostly for the "shut down" function utilized by Dr. Gero to keep her under control.

Hence the whole "being able to reproduce" thing.
Who, I might add, is apparently unable to remember her own name >_>
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

AnotherGamer

Post by AnotherGamer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:10 am

DB_Fan wrote: Really? So why aren't Bulma or Lunch playable? Or why doesn't 18 has some sexy outfit?
Because Chi-Chi has one instead, the old one from DB. MILFs, anyone?

MysticGogeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MysticGogeta » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:58 pm

AnotherGamer wrote:
DB_Fan wrote: Really? So why aren't Bulma or Lunch playable? Or why doesn't 18 has some sexy outfit?
haha yeah i got that costume for her, I'm basically done with the game for the summer I have Trunks at over 56 million bp. And its funny I only rented the game with my gamepass I've only had it for 2 and a half weeks i might buy so i can level up some other characters.

jwimz
Beyond Newbie

Post by jwimz » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:10 pm

MysticGogeta wrote:... I have Trunks at over 56 million bp.
Wow, I only have Gohan at 2million then moved on to another character. By the way, what is the point of leveling up your character that much? Does it power you up or anything, or is it just for show?

MysticGogeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MysticGogeta » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:45 pm

jwimz wrote:
MysticGogeta wrote:... I have Trunks at over 56 million bp.
Wow, I only have Gohan at 2million then moved on to another character. By the way, what is the point of leveling up your character that much? Does it power you up or anything, or is it just for show?
You have more advantage over the CPU characters in the Original Mode and Z survivor. Your attacks get a bit stronger and the enemies can't hurt You as much. Also its a bigger advantage when You use a Character you've leveled up against a generic charcter that someone picks that isnt custumized.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:10 am

I've spent some decent time with the game this past week, and I love it. The fast paced battles coupled with Street Fighteresque controls really works well for me. I like the game almost as much as Budokai 3 Special Edition now. I have Goku up to just over a million battle power, and am working on Vegeta and Gohan now. The game is an absolute blast for gamers who grew up on Street Fighter and early DBZ fighters because a lot of the movements to pull off techniques are very similar. I also like the sword carrying fighters being able to use thier weapons, although it seems a little too much in the case of Trunks.

Great game, I can't wait to play it more.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:23 pm

Anyone know how to go SSJ? *shot* :lol:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:45 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:Anyone know how to go SSJ? *shot* :lol:
Off the top of my head, for Goku it's F, B, D, F, circle/energy (forward and a half-circle back to forward). It's a common King of Fighters motion.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

vl

Post by vl » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:50 pm

Got the game today, and I must say it is GREAT. First I had some problems getting used to the controls and getting the right fell of how to time the button presses, but now I can pull of some great moves, without trying it dozens of times. It reminds me of the old mugen games where everytime I made a special attack was like a new wonderful moment.

Anyway, the game is a new beginning in the Dbz fighting games genre. It is actually the first game of this kind that gives a greater importancy on strategy and reflexes, rather than luck to win. And the manga graphics look awesome, their way better than that fancy, ultra cel-shaded look.

The sound is okay, though while fighting against Cell in Original mode, there were some very weird noises when hitting him :?

The only annoying thing is how the flying was done badly. It is just looks unatural, and fells like that too. Not to mention how you can hide over your opponents head :? .

But overall its a great game with a lot of replayability value(mostly beacause there are like hundred different wishes) and its a great and fun two player game too.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:05 pm

I just discovered an easy tactic for winning Z Survivor: press nothing but R2. Trust me. :wink:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Katalyst

Post by Katalyst » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:32 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:I just discovered an easy tactic for winning Z Survivor: press nothing but R2. Trust me. :wink:
Haha, I gave my little brother the controller and told him to fight for me (he had never played before), I came back like 20 minutes later and he had beaten Z Survivor by pressing R2 over and over again. After all the time it took me to beat it....Beginners luck I say!

vl

Post by vl » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Does anyone know if B.P. is good for anything, or is it just for show?

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:15 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Chaos Saiyajin wrote:Anyone know how to go SSJ? *shot* :lol:
Off the top of my head, for Goku it's F, B, D, F, circle/energy (forward and a half-circle back to forward). It's a common King of Fighters motion.
*bow* Thanks so much!

Oh, and the whole R2 thing is definate. XD

I've conquered Z Survivor a million times with Trunks, his trusty katana, and the 'R2' Button. :twisted:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:20 pm

Something that I found odd was the complete throw in attack....Freeza's...er...plastic explosive? That was kinda lame IMO to make up a lame attack like that.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:22 am

Great Saiyaman wrote:Something that I found odd was the complete throw in attack....Freeza's...er...plastic explosive? That was kinda lame IMO to make up a lame attack like that.
What really cracks me up is the name of the explosive: "Kurakku Bombu"= "Crack Bomb".

:lol:

I was expecting Goku to froth at the mouth and fall to the ground, cursing like a hobo on crack-cocaine. :lol:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:14 pm

AnotherGamer wrote:
What's this I'm hearing?
Rocketman wrote:
Tits. Image
Okay, now I am interested.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:18 pm

Dominator wrote:
AnotherGamer wrote:
What's this I'm hearing?
Rocketman wrote:
Tits. Image
Okay, now I am interested.
Seriously. I think I'll have to buy this just to unlock ChiChi's Metal Bikini.

Gaw, I'm such a tool.