Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Herms » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:27 am

Valerius Dover wrote:Speaking of marriage, what's with the Trunks and Mai thing? Is it just mindless shipping, or is this actually part of the movie
Trunks claims that Mai is his girlfriend in the movie, yeah. Then later they're hanging out in a tree together.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:27 am

Valerius Dover wrote:Speaking of marriage, what's with the Trunks and Mai thing? Is it just mindless shipping, or is this actually part of the movie?

Either way, this is really ironic....Now Trunks is on the other end of pedophilia. :lol:
Sorta. I won't spoil anything, but it's one-sided on Trunks' part.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:48 am

Valerius Dover wrote:And the bingo scene? How was Sabat's performance there?
It was HILARIOUS but being used to Vegeta actually singing in both Japanese and Spanish it was a bit jarring to hear him speak/stutter the song which kind of adds to the hilarity of the scene.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:43 am

Chris Sabat via Twitter.

He gets it.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:32 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Chris Sabat via Twitter.

He gets it.
Hahahaha! :lol:

That's hilarious.......they must have been asked that question countless times by now. I remember a few months ago Kyle Hebert tweeted, "This is your friendly daily reminder that FUNimation does not, in fact, have Battle of Gods."
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:37 pm

AAAARGH~

IT'S JUST "BATTLE OF GODS." THERE'S NO 'THE' IN THE TITLE! IT'S THAT WAY EVEN ON THE FREAKIN' JAPANESE MERCHANDISE!

THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS "BILLS!"

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

(This is one of my biggest fandom pet peeves in regards the movie, in case you hadn't guessed.)
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Herms

Post by Herms » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Kaboom wrote:IT'S JUST "BATTLE OF GODS." THERE'S NO 'THE' IN THE TITLE! IT'S THAT WAY EVEN ON THE FREAKIN' JAPANESE MERCHANDISE!
I guess some people think "Battle of Gods" sounds Engrish-y or something. Which I don't quite understand, but it's possible that my mind has been permanently warped by watching too many old 70s Doctor Who serials with titles like "Planet of Evil" or "Pyramids of Mars". Anyway, it looks like the Honolulu Museum of Art is even referring to the film as "Battle of the Gods", for some reason.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Oh, btw how does the dub handle the line about Tarble?
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:13 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Oh, btw how does the dub handle the line about Tarble?
According to a poster over on the latest podcast thread, they apparently didn't change the line.

BojGrass
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BojGrass » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:49 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
Vegard Aune wrote:
MagicBox wrote:Conversely, the crowd I was with for Toy Story 3 made the movie even better. They laughed at all the right times, cheered when it was appropriate, and knew perfectly well when to stay quiet.
You know, it's funny, living in Norway and having been in Japan for nine months... I just think stuff like this sounds horribly annoying. Like, both Norway and Japan has that standard of remaining quiet throughout the entire screening. Granted I do of course sometimes hear people laughing at particularly funny bits and I remember there being applause at the end of Star Wars Episode 3... but in Japan though? Complete silence from start to finish. They even have a disclaimer at the start of each movie requesting, among other things, that the audience keep quiet while the movie is showing. I just feel like having the audience loudly reacting to the movie's highlights would just be distracting.
It's terrible in America when you have disclaimers at the beginning of the movies to not use your cellphones, then you have 100 people doing just that. :roll: It's so distracting to me.
I hate to rehash this, especially since I haven't been around for a few months. This is something that bugs the snot out of me in a closed and dark environment theatrical environment. It absolutely astounds me at how inconsiderate folks are at concerts and stuff. I had a woman sitting next to me at an Eagles concert a few months ago when they came to Nashville and she was checking Ebay and Facebook through the entire concert. :evil: I'm sure there are folks on here that don't like the Eagles, but for me they are quite the legendary rock band (those harmonies!) that might not ever tour come back through for one reason or another. The same would go for a movie. Most certainly Battle of Gods.

Back on the Battle of Gods topic: as I said, I've not been to the forum for a while so...homigawd! Battle of Gods English dub! And evidently all the thoughts are pretty positive on it thus far! That's great to know! And it's actually coming to some theaters around Nashville and some of the much further out cities! That never happens with anime here!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Forneverworld managed to get a little time with Sean Schemmel and Schemmel explains how and why he did SSJG's voice the way he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwfnIS16OBw

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwfnIS16OBw

ForeverWorld(I'm subbed to him) uploaded this. It's has lots of interaction with the Funimation cast and even info on Sean's SSG voice. Sounds really cool. Much better than the deep one we got in BoZ trailers.

Edit: Damn...Kental beat me to it.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Man...watching those videos makes me kinda sad..I'll never in my life ever get to meet any of the voice actors :( Shoot, I'd love to just have their autograph in my collection. I thought that was awesome of Sean to say that the best thing he got out of getting involved in anime was meeting his lady. I don't know him a-lot but he does seem like a really nice guy.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:10 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Man...watching those videos makes me kinda sad..I'll never in my life ever get to meet any of the voice actors :( Shoot, I'd love to just have their autograph in my collection. I thought that was awesome of Sean to say that the best thing he got out of getting involved in anime was meeting his lady. I don't know him a-lot but he does seem like a really nice guy.
Never say never. Maybe get lucky and you're meet at least one. Even if it's a minor character.

All you have to do is BOlieve :thumbup:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:13 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:Man...watching those videos makes me kinda sad..I'll never in my life ever get to meet any of the voice actors :( Shoot, I'd love to just have their autograph in my collection. I thought that was awesome of Sean to say that the best thing he got out of getting involved in anime was meeting his lady. I don't know him a-lot but he does seem like a really nice guy.
Never say never. Maybe get lucky and you're meet at least one. Even if it's a minor character.

All you have to do is BOlieve :thumbup:
Yeah....It's a nice idea and thanks for the cheering up aspect :P I actually thought about writing Funimation personally and asking if there's a possibility that they could get the voice actors to sign something for me(that would complete my collection as far as I'm concerned) but I understand that the idea is childish considering they must get MILLIONS! of letters and such in so why would they look at mine and even take the time to try and get them to sign it? lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm sad I didn't get to ask Tatum or Cason about their stuff when I saw then...n0o sorrow
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:11 am

Actually saw a preview for the upcoming local showing in the theater when I went to see Planet of the Apes. Well, not a proper preview I guess. It was one of the ads they showed before the lights went dark and the previews began. They often show ads for those sorts of limited screenings there, like when they show old movies or operas and whatnot.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:07 am

Arundel Mills Mall is getting the movie on August 5th and 6th for anyone who lives in Maryland. I will try to make it there since my Mom or younger sister can drop me off.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 am

Herms wrote:Actually saw a preview for the upcoming local showing in the theater when I went to see Planet of the Apes. Well, not a proper preview I guess. It was one of the ads they showed before the lights went dark and the previews began. They often show ads for those sorts of limited screenings there, like when they show old movies or operas and whatnot.
This happened to me too! :o

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:36 am

hulkty wrote:
Herms wrote:Actually saw a preview for the upcoming local showing in the theater when I went to see Planet of the Apes. Well, not a proper preview I guess. It was one of the ads they showed before the lights went dark and the previews began. They often show ads for those sorts of limited screenings there, like when they show old movies or operas and whatnot.
This happened to me too! :o
I read Herms' message earlier and was hoping this would happen when I saw PotA tonight since my theater is getting BOG, but no luck. :(