What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Careless Saiyajin wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:Bought:
Love that hoodie especially with the big king kai symbol on the back. May have to pick one up for myself.

There are a lot of them on Ebay, but majority all from China. I got mine from an Ebay seller in the USA, whose listing says its Authentic DBZ gear.. can only hope though... the days of me buying knock-offs are gone.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:42 pm

LordCrumb wrote:
Careless Saiyajin wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:Bought:
Love that hoodie especially with the big king kai symbol on the back. May have to pick one up for myself.

There are a lot of them on Ebay, but majority all from China. I got mine from an Ebay seller in the USA, whose listing says its Authentic DBZ gear.. can only hope though... the days of me buying knock-offs are gone.
I agree i only care to fork money over if it's for licensed products, i really am interested in supporting the franchise.

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:53 pm

They sell them on ThinkGeek, which is where I think my girlfriend got mine from. ThinkGeek is a reputable company so I think the risk of getting a bootleg from them is pretty minimal.

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 am

Just finished completing this monstrous collection of DVD singles by getting my hands on this:

It took a while but now I can finally say that I've completed an entire collection, now alls I need is a sweet ol' bulky CRT TV :lol:
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!
DBZ ended after the Frieza Saga.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:08 am

Black_Anime_Fan wrote:Just finished completing this monstrous collection of DVD singles by getting my hands on this:

It took a while but now I can finally say that I've completed an entire collection, now alls I need is a sweet ol' bulky CRT TV :lol:
Didn't know they made anything else? LOL :P J/k How many DVDs is that in total? lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:13 am

samuraix123 wrote:
Black_Anime_Fan wrote:Just finished completing this monstrous collection of DVD singles by getting my hands on this:
Didn't know they made anything else? LOL :P J/k How many DVDs is that in total? lol
Hey now, I bought these specific DVDs for a reason! I only started collecting them since May, lol. Anyway, I counted, and they all add up to 78 DVDs, oh geez. I better take good care of these things.
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:27 am

My most recent Dragonball purchase: 2 Battle of Gods tickets!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:28 am

When I said ''Didn't know they made anything else?'' I was talking about the TV hahahahaha :P I've thought about buying the singles as well....but my God dude....78 DVDs...don't think I could bring myself to do it. haha
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:53 am

samuraix123 wrote:When I said ''Didn't know they made anything else?'' I was talking about the TV hahahahaha :P
Ooh, haha, yeah well interlaced SD footage won't exactly be pleasing to look at on my 55" Plasma screen, that's what Blu-Rays are for. Plus, that added nostalgic feel is always nice.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 am

In the freeza saga original DVDs is there any soundtracks that the US broadcast score didn't bring over on the Orange Bricks/new Blu-rays?
#1 Paikuhan fan!

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:05 am

Wow bro so you now own all the funimation DBZ singles?

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:21 am

Nice one! It's rather satisfactory when a collection is complete isn't it? It took me long time to get the last Cell Saga DVD I needed, but once I got it, it felt goooood.

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:24 am

samuraix123 wrote:In the freeza saga original DVDs is there any soundtracks that the US broadcast score didn't bring over on the Orange Bricks/new Blu-rays?
Well as far as soundtrack goes, it's left untouched. What the Orange Bricks/new Blu-Rays don't have (and it's something that few people notice anyway) are the added sound effects by FUNimation (for reference the original American broadcast had these as well).
JEFFMAN219 wrote:Wow bro so you now own all the funimation DBZ singles?
Indeed I do good sir.
LordCrumb wrote:Nice one! It's rather satisfactory when a collection is complete isn't it? It took me long time to get the last Cell Saga DVD I needed, but once I got it, it felt goooood.
Haha, I know what you mean, and yeah, it does feel really good.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:52 pm

This arrived from Germany (text is in English). Cost me £2.80 and I ended up getting a refund as interiors had crayon marks and got to keep the book. :D lolImage

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Jesus, those crayon marks were painful to look at, what kind of sick monster colours over all the characters except for Bulma?! Especially Oolong :'(
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 pm

thomas1up wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Jesus, those crayon marks were painful to look at, what kind of sick monster colours over all the characters except for Bulma?! Especially Oolong :'(
Indeed. I attempted to erase them:
Still looks bad, think I'll just buy another copy then.

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
thomas1up wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Indeed. I attempted to erase them:
Still looks bad, think I'll just buy another copy then.
Is it just for that page? If so I'd say just keep it rather than go and get a new one.

Check if it's uncut (or as uncut as viz got) or edited, if it's uncut you should really hang on to that.
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:36 pm

thomas1up wrote:Is it just for that page? If so I'd say just keep it rather than go and get a new one.
Check if it's uncut (or as uncut as viz got) or edited, if it's uncut you should really hang on to that.
The crayons make one more appearance in the middle and then they disappear for good.
Yeah they're edited unf, Bulma has soap bubbles.

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
thomas1up wrote:Is it just for that page? If so I'd say just keep it rather than go and get a new one.
The crayons make one more appearance in the middle and then they disappear for good.
Eh, that sucks, if you can find an unedited one go for it, but don't worry about it too much, you got an amazing bargain for that! It's not like the censorship changes the story or anything, it's just mildly annoying :)
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:43 pm

thomas1up wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Eh, that sucks, if you can find an unedited one go for it, but don't worry about it too much, you got an amazing bargain for that! It's not like the censorship changes the story or anything, it's just mildly annoying :)
Yeah can't complain at all, I can always draw Bulma's breasts on too :lol:
I guess I'll hunt down Vol. 2 then!