Best DBZ movie villian

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:06 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:Tullece FTW.

He has such a classy and cocky air about him that the other movie villains lack. And the concept of an evil Goku is interesting, since it shows what could've happened if Goku hadn't fell down a gorge and hit his head. And Nozawa-san's voice when she does him... Ooohhh... *ahem*...:oops:
[Resident Nozawa fan rant].. NO!!! WHY!!!! *head explodes*[/Resident Nozawa fan rant]

*ahem*...I have to agree with both Bojack & Tullece for reasons stated above.
I meant that in a positive way... ^^;
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:54 pm

Tullece. For some reason seeing the way his name is spelled at Daizex ignited my interest in him as a character. Tur-les just seems like such a stupid spelling... and... that ece... ah!

I haven't seen movies 9-12, so I can't comment on Bojak... But I think I have that movie... so I might watch it... the next time I go home.

Cooler turned out cooler than the B-saiyan (Though Broli... urm... how many Ls does that have? Isn't that bad. He's rather OCD though...). I think Movie6 wasn't a bad movie, but it seems really odd how Cooler wound up surviving... nonetheless, he's one of the best Frieza family member revenge stories ever, and he's definitely a good character for understanding more of the Cold family empire.

Garlec Jr was cool just because he got his wish and still wasn't a very super villain. So we give him points for achievements. ^^.

Dr. Uiro... Uh. Despite how original his story and character are for DB, I still don't care for him, for some reason. Of course I've only seen movie2 once... *makes note to watch it next weekend*.

Slug... Eh. The only thing I particularly liked about his movie was... plural... Krillin, Yajirobe, and Goku in the tropics there... that was cool. And Chichi actually fighting. Otherwise it wasn't that great, if you ask me.

The Jinzouningen... ah. Movie7 was the only movie I was looking forward to seeing years before it came out, and it was one heck of a let down. So ... I don't like the formerly-cool-but-now-lame-spare-parts-excuses for villains... :(.

And Janemba and Hildagarn are just very original, along with the movies surrounding them, so ... they have a high score on my list. Which... doesn't exist. I'm going to run away now!
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:07 pm

Broly, no question about it, he is my favourite villain from the movies. Movies 10 and 11 really don't do him justice though *raises fist in the air. I think that he really embodies an unstoppable 'god' if you will.

I was first exposed to movie 8, after only watching the 13 episodes of Dragonball, and the first 30 or so episodes of the Dragonball Z episodes ( on T.V. that's all that was available back then =( ) upon watching the movie I just thought to myself; " holy shit..." Trunks and Piccolo taken out with a single move at points. Gohan having his face slid across a building wall. Broly was a badass.

The least innovative characters from the movies would have to be, Turles, and Lord Slug.

By the way, I remember having a dream of Broly chasing me across my elementary school yard after I watched the film years ago. ( LOL! )

LegendarySSJ7
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LegendarySSJ7 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:39 am

Cooler. The rest of them are no place close to him in the sense of being baronial, though that may be indirectly referencing to the fact that Cooler is Freeza's brother and he's put an advantage. Janemba... is okay at best. Bojack.... ehh. The Hildergarn... meh. Okay, but calls to a nature that screams 'Gojira'... which luckily, in that case, an abrasive tone still isn't taken with Movie 13 because of such. As for the rest of them... blech. #13 and the #13 with #14 and #15's CPU chips absorbed.... could've been loads better in my view. And said reasons (on other forums) already go to show my antipathy towards Broli (who doesn't do a lot outside of wailing "KAKKAROTTO ARUGHGHGHAGH!!!!!" and is buff and hulking and all.... yeah...) a better way to express my ire.

Though in a nutshell: Cooler rocks (especially for a Movie Villain). IMO.
Last edited by LegendarySSJ7 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stoney

Post by Stoney » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:50 am

Ok, this is my order. From best to worst.

Garlic Jr (Movie 1)
I really liked the character, there's some story behind him and his intentions remind me of Piccolo Daimao. It's a pretty good opening to "Z".

Bojack (Movie 9)
I wish there was more information on Bojack and company, all we know is that they were once trapped within a planet by the kaio's and now they want to take over the earth. They look super cool though, I think that's why I like them so much.

Lord Slug (Movie 4)
SUPER NAMEK! I think it was good of them to bring in another evil Namekian. I just like him.

Janemba (Movie 12)
He's got some wacky original moves.

Hildegarn (Movie 13)
The backstory is what I love most about this guy. I think Hoi was pretty cool too.

Taurus (Movie 3)
I used to love this guy because he's a saiya-jin, but not as much anymore.

Cooler (Movies 5 and 6)
Yeah, Frieza's brother is a cool idea. I especially liked his next form.

Broly (Movies 8 and 10)
He looks cool and he beat a lot of people up but the whole legendary super saiya-jin thing doesn't work for me.

Androids #13, #14, and #15 (Movie 7)
I've never liked androids full stop. I know it's a fantasy world but Frieza was the most powerful being in the universe, then some old scientist on earth, with no knowledge of the universe creates something as powerful as the androids!

Bio-Broly (Movie 11)
I was already sick of Broly after movie 10 and this guy is just a blob of snot, he sucks.

Dr. Wheelo (Movie 2)
I've only seen the UK release but I get the picture. "My Gosh, he's as fluffy as a marsh mallow sandwhich". It's cool to see Roshi fighting but the villain is just a doctor with a robot.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:17 am

LegendarySSJ7 wrote:Cooler. The rest of them are no place close to him in the sense of being baronial, though that may be indirectly referencing to the fact that Cooler is Freeza's brother and he's put an advantage. The Hildergarn... meh. Okay, but calls to a nature that screams 'Gojira'... which luckily, in that case, an abrasive tone still isn't taken with Movie 13 because of such. As for the rest of them... blech. #13 and the #13 with #14 and #15's CPU chips absorbed.... could've been loads better in my view. And said reasons (on other forums) already go to show my antipathy towards Broli (who doesn't do a lot outside of wailing "KAKKAROTTO ARUGHGHGHAGH!!!!!" and is buff and hulking and all.... yeah...) a better way to express my ire.

Though in a nutshell: Cooler rocks (especially for a Movie Villain). IMO.
Hey, I don't mean to blow your spot or anything, but your avatar is way to big. Just to give you a heads up, you'll probably hear it a lot especially from the admins. I saw Movie 9 again today and I hate it even more. Bojack is definately in the bottom of the list.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

The Chibi Kiriyama

Post by The Chibi Kiriyama » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:42 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:Hey, I don't mean to blow your spot or anything, but your avatar is way to big. Just to give you a heads up, you'll probably hear it a lot especially from the admins.
It's 49 x 80...the avatar limit is 80 by 80. :?

Anyways, I find that my favorite villain is Cooler. The only villain worth mentioning that Toei had a hand in, in my opinion. He's methodical in doing what he deems to be necessary and is dulled in terms of arrogance, though not without that streak of pride both his brother and father had. A canon favorite of mine- Cell- followed basically the same skeleton of precise behavior and slight hubris in an earthly sense, which could be a big reason why I see it to be such.
I'm going to put the debates to a rest- Broli is not the Legendary Super Saiyan. Goku is not the Legendary Super Saiyan. I'm the Legendary Super Saiyan. And while I'm at it, I'm Batman too.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:51 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Sebastian (SB) wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:Tullece FTW.

He has such a classy and cocky air about him that the other movie villains lack. And the concept of an evil Goku is interesting, since it shows what could've happened if Goku hadn't fell down a gorge and hit his head. And Nozawa-san's voice when she does him... Ooohhh... *ahem*...:oops:
[Resident Nozawa fan rant].. NO!!! WHY!!!! *head explodes*[/Resident Nozawa fan rant]

*ahem*...I have to agree with both Bojack & Tullece for reasons stated above.
I meant that in a positive way... ^^;
...... Oh ok :oops: :oops: . Cause I recently heard her voice as Tullece & then when I read your comment I was like...... WTF?
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Snail

Post by Snail » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:37 pm

Snail wrote:Broly, no question about it, he is my favourite villain from the movies. Movies 10 and 11 really don't do him justice though *raises fist in the air. I think that he really embodies an unstoppable 'god' if you will.

I was first exposed to movie 8, after only watching the 13 episodes of Dragonball, and the first 30 or so episodes of the Dragonball Z episodes ( on T.V. that's all that was available back then =( ) upon watching the movie I just thought to myself; " holy shit..." Trunks and Piccolo taken out with a single move at points. Gohan having his face slid across a building wall. Broly was a badass.

The least innovative characters from the movies would have to be, Tullece, and Lord Slug.

By the way, I remember having a dream of Broly chasing me across my elementary school yard after I watched the film years ago. ( LOL! )

I'd also like to mention that, I'm pretty sure there is a lot more going on in Broly's mind. I seriously doubt that he is just a brainless brute obsessed with wiping out everything in his path. I think that if they ever chose to dig deeper into Broly's concious, as well as his past experiences we'd discover that he is more than just an insane beast. In the movie afterall, we see him sane for like...a split second, right before his father equipped his son with those devices.

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:52 pm

Broly is definitely the best movie villain ever, for the fact that he is a Saiyan and that he came back twice to kick the shit out of everybody. The battles against him were truly the ultimate Saiyan vs Saiyan battles in my opinion, with the exception of movie #11 :lol: . His background story, design, additude, voice (in Japanese) and strength were all fantastic.

And this is my opinion.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Post by The Chibi Kiriyama » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:08 am

Snail wrote: I seriously doubt that he is just a brainless brute obsessed with wiping out everything in his path.
I seriously doubt he's anything but. I've always said any progression with his character died in Movie 8, and then they made two more hinting at a third to beat the dead horse.
I'm going to put the debates to a rest- Broli is not the Legendary Super Saiyan. Goku is not the Legendary Super Saiyan. I'm the Legendary Super Saiyan. And while I'm at it, I'm Batman too.

Snail

Post by Snail » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:42 am

Cur-- no, Fucking movie 11...

And after that little short outburst of rage.
Thanks for the correction.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:26 pm

The Chibi Kiriyama wrote:
Mr.Piccolo wrote:Hey, I don't mean to blow your spot or anything, but your avatar is way to big. Just to give you a heads up, you'll probably hear it a lot especially from the admins.
It's 49 x 80...the avatar limit is 80 by 80. :?
Uh, I don't know.. mabye he changed it since then? I know this sounds like a crazy idea but mabye by the time you read it wasn't what it was like when I told him/her. Just a crazy idea, though.. :roll:
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:38 pm

desirecampbell wrote:I'm sure EX will agree with me when I say "Slug". He's an original character, doing things we've never seen before.

Shit. I'm banned now, aren't I?
Eh, I don't know about original. Slug reminded me of Piccolo Daimoh.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:19 pm

Vhanos wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:I'm sure EX will agree with me when I say "Slug". He's an original character, doing things we've never seen before.

Shit. I'm banned now, aren't I?
Eh, I don't know about original. Slug reminded me of Piccolo Daimoh.
You do know what sarcasm is, right? :lol:
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:34 pm

Grandmaster J wrote:And this is my opinion.
And my opinion is that Brolly is grossly overrated. He didn't do anything that most of the other movie villians didn't do. For instance, everyone always points out that he kicked everyone's ass but so did Tullece, Slug, Coola, #13, Bojack, Janenba, and Hildegarn (correct me if I'm wrong as it's been awhile since I've seen some of these). Though for some reason people elevate Brolly to god-like status, even going as far as to say that he could beat some of the high leveled Buu saga characters. I think it's because people like him for the same reason they like Vegeta: He's a Saiyan and he's a badass.

I don't hate Brolly but come on, he's not the end all be all of DBZ.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:49 pm

I completely agree with you Majin Buu. COMPLETELY. I happen to think that both Vegeta and Broly are waaaay overrated. Put Vegeta or Broly in a fight with Krillin, Goku, Piccolo or Tenshinhan, and I bet the last four stated people would win every time. I know Super Android #13 isn't exactly a fanboy fav, but not one of the z fighters could even scratch him. His movie was exactly like Broly's first movie, except that it came first. People like Broly so much because he's a Saiyan, and pretty much the strongest. I thought movie 8 was good, but movie 10 was horrible. Broly is so slow and stupid. He couldn't even hit Goten or Trunks half the time.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:22 pm

Majin Buu wrote:Brolly is grossly overrated. He didn't do anything that most of the other movie villians didn't do. For instance, everyone always points out that he kicked everyone's ass but so did Tullece, Slug, Coola, #13, Bojack, Janenba, and Hildegarn (correct me if I'm wrong as it's been awhile since I've seen some of these). Though for some reason people elevate Brolly to god-like status, even going as far as to say that he could beat some of the high leveled Buu saga characters. I think it's because people like him for the same reason they like Vegeta: He's a Saiyan and he's a badass.
You have some good points there. All I know is that Brolly is the ONLY movie villain that had me scared for the Z warriors. He was both crazy and powerful, just like a true pure-blood Super Saiyan should be, as legend tells it. This is probably why most fans hold him in the highest god-tier regard.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:40 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Put Vegeta ... in a fight with Krillin, Goku, Piccolo or Tenshinhan, and I bet the last four stated people would win every time.

Are you serious?

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:55 pm

Very. Equal powers of course. Because we all know that power>skill in DBZ.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]