Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 pm

*Is reminded both of Dragon Quest and all those gold ssjg fan-designs*

If he gets a new battle outfit, if Toriyama continues on course, it'll be something with a simple design.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Chuquita wrote:*Is reminded both of Dragon Quest and all those gold ssjg fan-designs*

If he gets a new battle outfit, if Toriyama continues on course, it'll be something with a simple design.
Thank God. I love simplistic yet elegant designs the most.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Jesus Christ, that looks like Scorpion Miro from Saint Seiya..... That's not what I meant, but you made me laugh :D
Great job, never saw crossover this crazy.
I meant something more along these lines:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Zerochan link doesn't work. :(

Re: ronin armor

I don't know how I'd feel about a mask. I could see one being used by bad guys, or as a plot device, but for the main characters, I dunno.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:19 pm

The following is very idle speculation. Please be forewarned that it is not confirmed.

Word is Studio Guts announced on their Twitter account--I have yet to discern which tweet this was--that Nakatani Yukiko would be taking on the role of character designer for a long-running series. Nakatani is most often thought of in relation to her wide work as one of the best animation supervisors for One Piece. Nakatani has performed the role of character designer for the franchise before with Episode of Nami and did sub-character designs under Character Designer Inoue Eisaku for Episode of Merry. For Episode of Nami she and Ide Takeo were the only two credited animation supervisors, but there were eight assistant animation supervisors, so my thinking is that in reality Nakatani was a chief animation supervisor. Toei Animation cartoons are very strange with their credits and don't always match up with the rest of the industry. It took forever for Hisada Kazuya--who has been character designer since 2009 or so--to be credited as a chief animation supervisor in addition to his usual character design credit.

Nakatani taking over as character designer makes a lot of sense. She has done so for specials before, is very talented, was once featured on a variety show's segment with regards to One Piece, and is relatively young. Woman have recently become very prominent within the industry, so I wouldn't be surprised if her mentors at Studio Guts are trying to let her move on from the nest. Recently, the president of Studio Guts, Iso'ichi Yuusuke, has been performing the role of animation supervisor for the episodes of One Piece sub-contracted to Studio Guts. This has me wondering if this will not be a regular thing, given how little Nakatani has worked on the franchise as of late. Her last credit was for Episode #638 (30 March 2014). Oddly enough, she did not work on One Piece 3D2Y, either.

Hisada has been with One Piece since Episode #1 as an animation supervisor and key animator. A little over four hundred episodes later he took over the role of character designer from former Dragon Ball GT animation supervisor, Koizumi Noboru. The series is now two hundred seventy episodes past that. I wouldn't be surprised if Hisada wanted to move on by now. With Yamamuro Tadayoshi taking over as director of the 2015 Dragon Ball Z film it would make sense he would call in Hisada Kazuya. Hisada was an assistant animation supervisor for Yamamuro on Dragon Ball Z movie eight and the tenth anniversary movie, so they're hardly unacquainted. If Hisada took over for Yamamuro as character designer the workload would be less than a weekly television series in the long run.

Again, this is all idle speculation that will likely be proven false, but I do find it to be an interesting turn of events.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Very interesting stuff; if either of them do get announced I'll definitely look into their past works.

I hope the DB15 website updates this month; looking back on my notes there were updates to the BOG website back in September of '12. ^^;

EDIT: Just found out HaCha movie got Daisuke Ono (Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji) and Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Monogatari) as its movie-only character voice actors. Anyone have suggestions for who you'd like to hear voice DB15's movie-only character(s)? :3
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Here is that tweet from Studios Guts. Again, just my idle speculation.

As for voice actors I would like to see involved with this film: I definitely want Komatsu Mikako to voice someone. She's become a big favorite of mine in the wake of Gundam Build Fighters and Pocket Monster XY Mega Evolution. Kaji Yuuki is also another one, given his zero-to-sixty performance in Shingeki no Kyojin.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:40 pm

I'd like to see Kappei Yamaguchi get a proper chance to be apart of the series. Wouldn't mind seeing Romi Park in a role.

Also give Toshio Furukawa another comedic role. I mean, he is Ataru Moroboshi after all.
Last edited by Kid Buu on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Chuquita wrote:EDIT: Just found out HaCha movie got Daisuke Ono (Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji) and Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa from Monogatari) as its movie-only character voice actors. Anyone have suggestions for who you'd like to hear voice DB15's movie-only character(s)? :3
Well, I would never say no to some Yui Horie in my Dragon Ball, that's for sure! Beyond that though, hmm...honestly, most of my favorite seiyuu are already in Dragon Ball, but for ones that aren't? Kanichi Kurita (Lupin III) and Kiyoshi Kobayashi (Daisuke Jigen) both come to mind. Kappei Yamaguchi (InuYasha/Ranma Saotome/Usopp/Shinichi Kudo/Teddie in Persona 4/etc.) would be another fun addition to the roster.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:55 am

Does anyone know who animated the last battle of Luffy verus Z in One Piece Film Z? That animator could perhaps be used for 2015 DBZ movie.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:57 am

New theory: this movie will somehow be linked with that crappy retcon Toriyama made about Buu. It seems like he was trying to draw a connection between Buu and Beerus. Of course I could be wrong, and it could all be pointless.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:43 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:New theory: this movie will somehow be linked with that crappy retcon Toriyama made about Buu. It seems like he was trying to draw a connection between Buu and Beerus. Of course I could be wrong, and it could all be pointless.
Yeah, I used to have the same concept about Buu, but Toriyama said that if the Pure Buu was pure evil he was purified very quickly and was reincarnated as Uub right away. So Shenlen to resurrect Buu it would be just in case to kill Uub first. Or they will resurrect Babidi?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:47 am

If anyone is getting revived it's going to be a new "ancient evil" character.

Javaki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Javaki » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:08 am

JamesOwnz wrote:If anyone is getting revived it's going to be a new "ancient evil" character.
This was bothering me for a while. Is it even possible to revive evil persons with their old bodies and memories intact, going by the manga's logic?
Herms wrote:
People sent to Hell are cleansed and eventually reborn as new life-forms in the living world.
Herms wrote:
During the Boo saga, when Vegeta asks Piccolo if he will be able to meet Goku in the afterlife, Piccolo tells Vegeta that because he has killed too many innocent people, he will go to a different world than Goku when he dies. His body will become nothing, he will lose all his memories, and after his soul is cleansed, he will finally be reborn as a new life-form. Though Vegeta is ultimately spared this fate, this seems to be what happens to Boo when he is reborn as Oob. This idea of Hell as a place where evil souls are cleansed before being reborn is very similar to the Buddhist conception of Hell.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:13 am

Exactly that's why I think they'll revive someone that is good but then they'll turn bad afterwards.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:09 am

Bullza wrote:Exactly that's why I think they'll revive someone that is good but then they'll turn bad afterwards.
In that way Shenlon should be able to forsee the future, or the one who is revived generates despair but not due his evildoing but because of his existence and some things that were related to his existence in the past and now available once again in the period of the new movie. Possibly he will be the key for the solution, and will help our heroes too.

I imangine he/she was killed in the past to stop the despair, but he/she was granted to keep his/her body, because he wasn't evil at all, but rahter he was sacrificed. Possibly our hereoes will solve the problem once and forever.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:50 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Does anyone know who animated the last battle of Luffy verus Z in One Piece Film Z? That animator could perhaps be used for 2015 DBZ movie.
Umakoshi Yoshihiko, a character designer for PreCure.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:11 am

Javaki wrote:
JamesOwnz wrote:If anyone is getting revived it's going to be a new "ancient evil" character.
This was bothering me for a while. Is it even possible to revive evil persons with their old bodies and memories intact, going by the manga's logic?
Well, it is possible that this normally happens over a much longer, cosmic timescale (centuries, millennia, even eons), and that Lord Enma merely speeded up the process with Buu due to Goku's request. For all we know, souls just hang out in Hell until it's their turn in the soul-washer that the oni kid with the Walkman oversees (or doesn't).

...Did I just accidentally provide a way to reconcile the anime and manga depictions of the afterlife?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:18 am

SaiyaJedi wrote: Well, it is possible that this normally happens over a much longer, cosmic timescale (centuries, millennia, even eons), and that Lord Enma merely speeded up the process with Buu due to Goku's request.
Didn't Toriyama say that Buu was reincarnated quickly because he was evil incarnate? It was you who translated this right?
Last edited by dbgtFO on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:19 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:...Did I just accidentally provide a way to reconcile the anime and manga depictions of the afterlife?
...I think you did. And I am more than okay with this.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)