Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"
- Baggie_Saiyan
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 10315
- Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
- Location: Atlantis.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Man, that comment section.
Anyways, Is it me or did Sean sound really weird when he said " I am not going to let you destroy my world" near the end of the trailer?
Edit:
On the funimation store it says:
Special Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0,Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0,English 2.0,Japanese 2.0
Does that imply they have somesort of interview with the Japan cast? That would be pretty cool.
Anyways, Is it me or did Sean sound really weird when he said " I am not going to let you destroy my world" near the end of the trailer?
Edit:
On the funimation store it says:
Special Feature Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0,Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0,English 2.0,Japanese 2.0
Does that imply they have somesort of interview with the Japan cast? That would be pretty cool.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- KentalSSJ6
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6473
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
- Location: Chicago, Illinois.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
It did sound kinda fast. Maybe it was sped up to fit the trailer length.Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Man, that comment section.
Anyways, Is it me or did Sean sound really weird when he said " I am not going to let you destroy my world" near the end of the trailer?
But yeah, the comments...
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]
- El Diabeetus
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:07 pm
- Location: Ohio
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
It seemed unnaturally fast even in the movie proper.KentalSSJ6 wrote:It did sound kinda fast. Maybe it was sped up to fit the trailer length.Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Man, that comment section.
Anyways, Is it me or did Sean sound really weird when he said " I am not going to let you destroy my world" near the end of the trailer?
But yeah, the comments...
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
I noticed that rather fast line too...what part of the movie is that in exactly? Was there a really weird fast-moving flap that they had to match maybe?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
- El Diabeetus
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:07 pm
- Location: Ohio
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
It's the part right before he becomes a plain Super Saiyan and right before Hero ~Song of Hope~ starts.Gyt Kaliba wrote:I noticed that rather fast line too...what part of the movie is that in exactly? Was there a really weird fast-moving flap that they had to match maybe?
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Trailer's really good though hearing them say the wrong pronunciation of Saiyan just makes me want to stop the video instantly. All these years and they've still not fixed it.Big Momma wrote:FUNi posted a trailer for the extended Blu-ray.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biMa6a4lV7E
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Jackal puFF
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1684
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:24 pm
- Contact:
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Awesome, I love extra features like behind the scenes, especially the ones where you see them record their lines.
- thomas1up
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:51 pm
- Location: United Kingdom
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Awesome new trailer, got a Big Green vibe from that line near the end though.
Though truth be told I'd rather they fix Kaio's voice, it's pretty much the only dub voice I hate.
Yeah, they've fixed Kaio-Ken and Kamehameha pronunciations but they still haven't fixed the pronunciation of Saiyandbboxkaifan wrote: Trailer's really good though hearing them say the wrong pronunciation of Saiyan just makes me want to stop the video instantly. All these years and they've still not fixed it.
Though truth be told I'd rather they fix Kaio's voice, it's pretty much the only dub voice I hate.
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
- Valerius Dover
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1926
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
- Location: Somewhere
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
It wouldn't really make sense to change the Saiyan pronunciation now after it's already been standardized in the series. Even Kai says it like this, so why change it now?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover
The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover
The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
With new dub they make there's another opportunity and they just let it slip always.Valerius Dover wrote:It wouldn't really make sense to change the Saiyan pronunciation now after it's already been standardized in the series. Even Kai says it like this, so why change it now?
If FUNimation would fix the pronunciation of Saiyan I'd watch with the English dub but nope.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Super Sonic
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5171
- Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:45 pm
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
From what I understand Japanese TF shows still say "Convoy" and not Optimus and no complaints there.dbboxkaifan wrote:With new dub they make there's another opportunity and they just let it slip always.Valerius Dover wrote:It wouldn't really make sense to change the Saiyan pronunciation now after it's already been standardized in the series. Even Kai says it like this, so why change it now?
If FUNimation would fix the pronunciation of Saiyan I'd watch with the English dub but nope.
- BlazingFiddlesticks
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2103
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:48 pm
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
While I'm overcome by a stable narration by Kyle Hebert. He did well with what he was given the first run but this is practically new from him.
JulieYBM wrote:Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
son veku wrote:CanadaMetalwario64 wrote:Where is that located?BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Oh god, now that you've said that, I can't not hear it like that.thomas1up wrote:Awesome new trailer, got a Big Green vibe from that line near the end though.![]()
The 'Saiyan' thing is a lost cause, I feel, though. It's like Frieza, it's been there since the start of the dub, it subsisted into Kai, I don't think they're ever gonna change it.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Saiyan is just fine. Saiyan is what people are familiar with and it'd be stupid and completely unnecessary to change it after all these years just to pander to a few dozen people.
- El Diabeetus
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:07 pm
- Location: Ohio
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Or, pronounce it correctly for once. Just 'cause some dude in Texas 15+ years ago decided to pronounce it Say-yan does not mean that's how it's pronounced.Bullza wrote:Saiyan is just fine. Saiyan is what people are familiar with and it'd be stupid and completely unnecessary to change it after all these years just to pander to a few dozen people.
Actually at this point, the only thing that's annoying about Say-yan is when people try to correct you for using the correct one.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Almost all of my db-related convos are in text form, so the pronunciation thing never comes up. I say sigh-an, but have no interest in correcting.
On hiatus.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Changing Kaioken is one thing, but Saiyan is way too ingrained not only in the English DBZ fandom, but American culture in general, to change at this point. It just seems like a fruitless thing to dwell on now.
Last edited by jjgp1112 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler
- KentalSSJ6
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 6473
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:03 am
- Location: Chicago, Illinois.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
Funny enough but the DBZ Kinect commercial had the correct pronunciation of the word - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3_WMoL-rio
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Funny enough but the DBZ Kinect commercial had the correct pronunciation of the word - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3_WMoL-rio
And I remember a wave of people making fun of them for saying it "wrong".
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Youtube | Art/Animation BlogInsertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ODtsNMNJXkSuper Sonic wrote:From what I understand Japanese TF shows still say "Convoy" and not Optimus and no complaints there.
They changed a number of years ago to using the American names for most characters who had different Japanese names.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.










