"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DonieZ » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:45 am

sintzu wrote:
DonieZ wrote: Do you guys know what this means?! The bar has been set, and when Bandai Namco see how well this sells, they will know to sustain the quality as a matter of principle.

The ps2 games sold like crazy yet look what happened with the ps3 games and with what they're doing with this game i don't know what else is left for a sequel or any other game for that matter.
But you don't get it though. Back then the only ones producing 3D DB games were Spike, they were all both DB fans and Bandai Namco had to go off of. Now that BN are seeing a real quality 3D, not only fighting game, but DB game, they know what the standard should be, and as smart as they are, they won't settle for less. The publishers are human beings with taste just like ourselves. They know what stands out and what doesn't, and they know what will sell more or less than DB Xenoverse. As of the current moment, if DB Xenoverse doesn't wipe the floor with RB and RB2's sales, then all it means is that many longtime fans have forgotten about either gaming or DBZ. Because there's no way in a million years that this game will not do well given the correct advertisement. Already I would bet you, given responses here, people who still follow DBZ games and haven't bought one in years, are getting this day one release, myself included! I may even get a collectors edition, something I haven't done before, because this shiz is worth it.

And @your second response; you aren't thinking clearly enough. The only other option is Artdink? Before Artdink who then was the only other option? Was Artdink always there at BN's disposal? You're wrong, the only other option is whoever is interested and whoever BN asks. There are so many game developing companies out there, and BN just have to make the correct decision on who to employ, given who wants to be employed. After UT, BN didn't have to employ Artdink, because they were the only other option than Spike, they wanted to given their interests; a cheap game. If BN were to make a DB RPG, why couldn't they ask Square Enix, or some other highly, and rightly, rated company? If BN so wanted, we would never see Artdink ever again (and I hope so).

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:47 am

IGN posted 6-7 Xenoverse articles in a row.

In a row.

This has never before happened with a Dragon Ball Z game. Never.

User avatar
enjyu123
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by enjyu123 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:49 am

Hey Quebaz that collab pic, idea sounds really cool, I would do it. :clap:
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

User avatar
sangofe
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8126
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:49 am

The guy playing looks like he's dancing, lol.

User avatar
Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Zenkashuu » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:54 am

sangofe wrote:The guy playing looks like he's dancing, lol.]
Did you notice it too? :D

EDIT: Beta footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu04l2IgRF4

User avatar
EA575
Regular
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by EA575 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:07 am

some gameplay from the network test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu04l2IgRF4

EDIT: Ninja'd

User avatar
Ryuman
Regular
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 am
Location: Taunton, England

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Ryuman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:16 am

Ugh, what? How are some people not freezing?

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DonieZ » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:19 am

So, just watched the extended TGS trailer... This is dope.

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:25 am

Holy shit... Nappa's grin.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: MOSLittGaming

Gaming Channel/Socials: MOSLittGaming

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:26 am

Something I noticed ...

Krillin fights one of frieza's low-level un-named soldiers, who is also holding two dragonballs. After a rising attack, the soldier drops his dragon balls, and Krillin grabs one, as the fight goes on.

This, combined with the picture of Krillin flying away with two dragon balls while the custom char is thrashing Guldo, proves that dragon balls aren't just gimmicks - you actually, literally fight for them. Now, I don't know if it's story mode, multiplayer mode, mission mode ... but there's definitely some 'take the dragon ball from your opponent' gameplay right there.

I've never been so hyped about a DBZ game, and I'm 34 years old.

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:47 am

Well I hope this page clears some things up. I have Google Translate On and I'm trying to make sense of it.

http://dbx.bngames.net/networktest/maintenance.php
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: MOSLittGaming

Gaming Channel/Socials: MOSLittGaming

User avatar
Drev
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Drev » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:00 am

where is the extended trailer in HD? :?

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 am

Zenkashuu wrote:
sangofe wrote:The guy playing looks like he's dancing, lol.]
Did you notice it too? :D

EDIT: Beta footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu04l2IgRF4
Is the soundtrack playing in the battles new?

I'm sure I've heard it before.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 am

DonieZ wrote: But you don't get it though. Back then the only ones producing 3D DB games were Spike, they were all both DB fans and Bandai Namco had to go off of. Now that BN are seeing a real quality 3D, not only fighting game, but DB game, they know what the standard should be, and as smart as they are, they won't settle for less. The publishers are human beings with taste just like ourselves. They know what stands out and what doesn't, and they know what will sell more or less than DB Xenoverse. As of the current moment, if DB Xenoverse doesn't wipe the floor with RB and RB2's sales, then all it means is that many longtime fans have forgotten about either gaming or DBZ. Because there's no way in a million years that this game will not do well given the correct advertisement. Already I would bet you, given responses here, people who still follow DBZ games and haven't bought one in years, are getting this day one release, myself included! I may even get a collectors edition, something I haven't done before, because this shiz is worth it.

And @your second response; you aren't thinking clearly enough. The only other option is Artdink? Before Artdink who then was the only other option? Was Artdink always there at BN's disposal? You're wrong, the only other option is whoever is interested and whoever BN asks. There are so many game developing companies out there, and BN just have to make the correct decision on who to employ, given who wants to be employed. After UT, BN didn't have to employ Artdink, because they were the only other option than Spike, they wanted to given their interests; a cheap game. If BN were to make a DB RPG, why couldn't they ask Square Enix, or some other highly, and rightly, rated company? If BN so wanted, we would never see Artdink ever again (and I hope so).
In terms of sales,This will do very good but where do they go after this ? You bring a good point with an RPG game cause i don't see how they can make another fighter after this
Nickolaidas wrote:IGN posted 6-7 Xenoverse articles in a row.

In a row.

This has never before happened with a Dragon Ball Z game. Never.
You know you've done something right when big western sites are talking about your game.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Ryuman
Regular
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 am
Location: Taunton, England

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Ryuman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:23 am

Maintenance fixes all!

User avatar
MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5821
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czechia
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:32 am

BIG QUESTION!!! WIll the online be a multiplatformer?? As if I as a PS4 player can interact with XOne, 360, PS3 and PC ones.
Otherwise that is a pitty. But I bet Xbox and PC ones will be. I can play Injustice and Street Fighter on 360 with PC players online I think.
FighterZ, Street Fighter 6, Mortal Kombat: Funky_Strudel
PS5: Dynamixx88
Trust me, I'm millenial and a designer.

User avatar
xmysticgohanx
Regular
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 am

Is there a red bandana like what Bardock wears?
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:38 am

xmysticgohanx wrote:Is there a red bandana like what Bardock wears?
Probably.
MCDaveG wrote:BIG QUESTION!!! WIll the online be a multiplatformer?? As if I as a PS4 player can interact with XOne, 360, PS3 and PC ones.
Otherwise that is a pitty. But I bet Xbox and PC ones will be. I can play Injustice and Street Fighter on 360 with PC players online I think.
They haven't said anything about that
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:39 am

I'm pretty sure the customization in the beta is pretty limited, so I don't think it's really worth asking what is in it.
The extended TGS trailer showed outfits (or part of them) from GT Goku, Gyumao, Slug, the Ginyus, etc. You'll probably have a Bardock bandanna in the final release.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1978
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:41 am

Is anyone else having trouble entering the Hub world? Everytime I select my created character I recieve a message and get sent back to the menu screen.

Post Reply