Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
User avatar
bkev
I Live Here
Posts: 2540
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Twitter. Tweet-Tweet.

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by bkev » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Lol @ the fact that they label the extended version the "uncut" one. Is that still so inbred in their reputation that they can use it to their advantage in marketing? Also, Marc, would you mind saying if that's an animated background?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by ShadowDude112 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:19 pm

So if review copies are being sent out, that means regular copies should be arriving at RightStuf soon, right?
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8869
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:56 pm

ShadowDude112 wrote:So if review copies are being sent out, that means regular copies should be arriving at RightStuf soon, right?
One can only hope. Also, I really, really like that menu design for some reason. Is it static like that, or animated? I ask because that kind of reminds me of one of the zoom shots from the film proper.

Also, if anyone hasn't ordered it yet but want to do so directly from FUNimation's store, I just got an e-mail update about an offer they're doing.

Image
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

User avatar
MarcFBR
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MarcFBR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:37 pm

ShadowDude112 wrote:So if review copies are being sent out, that means regular copies should be arriving at RightStuf soon, right?
That sort of thing rarely has anything to do with the other. Some things I've received weeks early, some things after it's already in stores.

At least once I not only walked into a store and got a disk before a screener came out (not a Funi one), but before the same disk came out in Japan.
bkev wrote:Lol @ the fact that they label the extended version the "uncut" one. Is that still so inbred in their reputation that they can use it to their advantage in marketing?
You don't buy many movies do you? That's relatively standard terminology (frankly, more and more it's 'uncut extended' or some such thing.)
Also, Marc, would you mind saying if that's an animated background?
It's animated
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Godgoku95 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:33 am

Can somebody tell me what Android 18's Line was in the Dub?

User avatar
sangofe
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8126
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:39 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
ShadowDude112 wrote:So if review copies are being sent out, that means regular copies should be arriving at RightStuf soon, right?
One can only hope. Also, I really, really like that menu design for some reason. Is it static like that, or animated? I ask because that kind of reminds me of one of the zoom shots from the film proper.

Also, if anyone hasn't ordered it yet but want to do so directly from FUNimation's store, I just got an e-mail update about an offer they're doing.

Image
I guess they don't send out to Europe?

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8869
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:15 pm

sangofe wrote:I guess they don't send out to Europe?
Honestly, I'm not really sure - I've never ordered directly from the FUNimation site before, nor have any of my friends in or out of the US that I'm aware of.

Looks like FUNi has put out another extended interview with Jason Douglas too. I'm betting this is something that's going to be on the home release though.

EDIT: And now Part 2 of the Douglas interview.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

User avatar
Shnuki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:41 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Shnuki » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:39 pm

sangofe wrote:I guess they don't send out to Europe?
http://www.funimation.com/forum/faq.php ... aq_shop_11

According to their FAQ, they don't. They ship to customers in the United States and Canada only.

User avatar
sangofe
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8126
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Shnuki wrote:
sangofe wrote:I guess they don't send out to Europe?
http://www.funimation.com/forum/faq.php ... aq_shop_11

According to their FAQ, they don't. They ship to customers in the United States and Canada only.
That stinks.

User avatar
TheRed259
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1807
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:38 pm


User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:39 pm

MarcFBR wrote:I finally have proper screenshots for menus, woo (well, mostly proper anyways.)

http://i.cubeupload.com/MqD7Yv.png
Couldn't they have made the menu even more simplistic looking?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5745
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:15 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
MarcFBR wrote:I finally have proper screenshots for menus, woo (well, mostly proper anyways.)

http://i.cubeupload.com/MqD7Yv.png
Couldn't they have made the menu even more simplistic looking?
Wait...seriously? That's it? That's pathetic. And in usually one to defend Funimation, but that's just bad.

User avatar
El Diabeetus
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:07 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Is it worth complaining about it though? It could be more to the point, but, eh.

Marc, if you can answer it, other than interviews are there other extras?

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Meh. Menu is fine to me. It's simple. It's animated. It does its job.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5745
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:45 pm

It's animated? Well that's not as bad then. I'm not really complaining and is no way influencing my decision no buy this, just thought they could better

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 am

It looks like they reused the Season Blu-rays menu and used it for the BoG instead of making one similar to the original Japanese BoG. This is just lazy and an uninteresting menu compared to the Japanese BoG.

I hope Manga UK comes up with a better one that this.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
MarcFBR
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:37 am

You guys do know Blu-ray menus change as you choose options and go into sub-menus right?

If I didn't know better I'd think none of you have bought a Blu-ray with an alternate cut of the film on the same disk.

http://i.cubeupload.com/cx7hhJ.png

And since someone asked, here are the extras

"Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors"
"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled"
"Textless Closing Song"
"U.S. Trailer"
and you also get the normal suite of Funimation product trailers.

And one more menu cap
http://i.cubeupload.com/J2dDdZ.png

Menu is clean and uncluttered, easy to read and understand, thumbs up.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Godgoku95 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:59 am

MarcFBR wrote:You guys do know Blu-ray menus change as you choose options and go into sub-menus right?

If I didn't know better I'd think none of you have bought a Blu-ray with an alternate cut of the film on the same disk.

http://i.cubeupload.com/cx7hhJ.png

And since someone asked, here are the extras

"Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors"
"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled"
"Textless Closing Song"
"U.S. Trailer"
and you also get the normal suite of Funimation product trailers.

And one more menu cap
http://i.cubeupload.com/J2dDdZ.png

Menu is clean and uncluttered, easy to read and understand, thumbs up.
Can you tell me any of Android 18 lines?

User avatar
MarcFBR
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:44 am

Godgoku95 wrote:Can you tell me any of Android 18 lines?
I've been busy the last few days. Thus far I've seen... the menu.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

User avatar
sangofe
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8126
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:56 am

"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled" -- only FUNi's voices, or also the japanese?
MarcFBR wrote:You guys do know Blu-ray menus change as you choose options and go into sub-menus right?

If I didn't know better I'd think none of you have bought a Blu-ray with an alternate cut of the film on the same disk.

http://i.cubeupload.com/cx7hhJ.png

And since someone asked, here are the extras

"Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors"
"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled"
"Textless Closing Song"
"U.S. Trailer"
and you also get the normal suite of Funimation product trailers.

And one more menu cap
http://i.cubeupload.com/J2dDdZ.png

Menu is clean and uncluttered, easy to read and understand, thumbs up.

Post Reply