Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
User avatar
MarcFBR
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:20 am

sangofe wrote:"The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled" -- only FUNi's voices, or also the japanese?
I'm to busy with the clean ED on loop trying to pick out what the English words are, cause I'm still not convinced I'm not just listening to Japanese (is this a joke? Yes it is... but not as much of one as it should be...)

English actors
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

User avatar
DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1230
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:14 am

I bet many people are going to want to know if the FLOW songs are in Japanese on the Japanese track as some international DVDs/Blu-Rays have the Engrish versions on their Japanese track. The Hong Kong version does for sure, and one of the Latin American versions does too I think.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

User avatar
MarcFBR
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:23 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:I bet many people are going to want to know if the FLOW songs are in Japanese on the Japanese track as some international DVDs/Blu-Rays have the Engrish versions on their Japanese track. The Hong Kong version does for sure, and one of the Latin American versions does too I think.
My understanding is the Japanese version of the FLOW songs are unavailable for licensing outside of Japan at this time 'goes to check the disk' the Engrish versions are used for the Japanese audio tracks also, and there is a popup message when you first put the disk in (if you don't jump to the menu to quickly) roughly explaining this. I expect if there are any countries with the Japanese songs, it's purely because someone wasn't paying attention or they found it unneeded to deal with it in whatever local releases.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

User avatar
DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1230
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:39 am

MarcFBR wrote:
DB_Fan1991 wrote:I bet many people are going to want to know if the FLOW songs are in Japanese on the Japanese track as some international DVDs/Blu-Rays have the Engrish versions on their Japanese track. The Hong Kong version does for sure, and one of the Latin American versions does too I think.
My understanding is the Japanese version of the FLOW songs are unavailable for licensing outside of Japan at this time 'goes to check the disk' the Engrish versions are used for the Japanese audio tracks also, and there is a popup message when you first put the disk in (if you don't jump to the menu to quickly) roughly explaining this. I expect if there are any countries with the Japanese songs, it's purely because someone wasn't paying attention or they found it unneeded to deal with it in whatever local releases.
The Thai & Argentinian releases have the Japanese FLOW songs on their Japanese tracks.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:50 am

Dang, so no Japanese songs on it. That's kind of a bummer, but it's not a dealbreaker. What is this message that pops up?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:58 am

Regarding the subtitles, I'm wondering if you could tell me whether Beerus or Beers was chosen?

I remember during the dub review podcast, it was mentioned that in the credits he was referred to as Beers. I believe the crew theorised that that may be due to Steve Simmons using that name for his translation.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
MagicBox
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: On The Forums... Duh!
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MagicBox » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:08 am

I suppose I might as well throw another question into the mix, if MarcFBR would be kind enough to answer.

Does the extended version have a Japanese 5.1 surround track? The specs on early listings on the FUNimation store almost implied that it wouldn't.

Not sure why people are so concerned about the menu layout. Most of FUNi's blu-rays do the exact same thing. I think it looks just fine.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

User avatar
MarcFBR
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:03 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Regarding the subtitles, I'm wondering if you could tell me whether Beerus or Beers was chosen?
Beers
MagicBox wrote:Does the extended version have a Japanese 5.1 surround track? The specs on early listings on the FUNimation store almost implied that it wouldn't.
It's 2.0, which was the expectation. The extended version was mixed for airing on Japanese TV which (will type up an explanation if need be later) invariably means they didn't make a 5.1 mix.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Godgoku95 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:24 pm

can i get a transcript of Whis and 18 talking about Ice cream in english?

User avatar
MagicBox
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: On The Forums... Duh!
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MagicBox » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:31 pm

MarcFBR wrote:It's 2.0, which was the expectation. The extended version was mixed for airing on Japanese TV which (will type up an explanation if need be later) invariably means they didn't make a 5.1 mix.
No explanation needed. T'was my expectation as well, ever since I first noticed the specs on the FUNimation store. Thanks a ton for the confirmation!
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

User avatar
MarcFBR
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Godgoku95 wrote:can i get a transcript of Whis and 18 talking about Ice cream in english?
Can't, still busy trying to find English lyrics in the English version of the Flow's Cha La.

Thus far I'm pretty sure I heard "Don't never"
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:09 pm

So, the Engrish songs aren't even subtitled? I wonder what this'll mean for The Final Chapters when it airs on TV...
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
MagicBox
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 pm
Location: On The Forums... Duh!
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MagicBox » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:02 pm

MarcFBR wrote:Can't, still busy trying to find English lyrics in the English version of the Flow's Cha La. Thus far I'm pretty sure I heard "Don't never"
Try to read along and see if you hear anything familiar!
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

User avatar
MarcFBR
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1355
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:14 pm

MagicBox wrote:
MarcFBR wrote:Can't, still busy trying to find English lyrics in the English version of the Flow's Cha La. Thus far I'm pretty sure I heard "Don't never"
Try to read along and see if you hear anything familiar!
I vaguely believe some of those words I heard, but likely not in the song. lol

I'm sure if I listened while reading it would provide an anchor that would make everything more noticeable, but if you need lyrics to just understand what someone is saying, then they didn't do it right.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8869
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:35 pm

Has anyone else gotten an ad for this movie as a Youtube ad yet? I've just started getting them today, and wasn't sure if it was somehow catering an ad towards me, or if it was just on regular circulation now. Either way, it was neat.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:20 pm

I noticed FUNi's dub included quite a few of these amusing one liners, such as Beerus saying 26 mins is the length of an average anime episode, these weren't present in the Japanese dub were they?

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Ajay » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I noticed FUNi's dub included quite a few of these amusing one liners, such as Beerus saying 26 mins is the length of an average anime episode, these weren't present in the Japanese dub were they?
No, that line was in the original language too.
I'm sure Simmons will phrase the line better than that but yeah, it's in there.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10315
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:28 pm

I had a feeling the subs I had were a bit off, thanks for the clarification, I hear good things about FUNi's subs so hopefully I will enjoy the Japanese dub a bit more with proper subs this time.

User avatar
SaiyanBaller22
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by SaiyanBaller22 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Any ideas on when Rightstuf is going to ship, at least before October 7 right?

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by ShadowDude112 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:22 pm

SaiyanBaller22 wrote:Any ideas on when Rightstuf is going to ship, at least before October 7 right?
If it ships early, then it should start going out tomorrow or Tuesday. Rightstuf usually ships stuff a week or so early.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

Post Reply