"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2826
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 am

^ Nice theories, it could definately be linked to time (that permanently "goes away") much like Towa, Mira and Fu as you said. Time is such a main theme in the game that it's definately a good theory, there's a good chance the name would be based on time.

User avatar
samuraix123
I Live Here
Posts: 3816
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Hey guys! Any chance I can get my oh so awesome friends at Kanzenshuu to add me on PS3? I'm not sure what console I'm going to get this for but I'm going to try to get the beta for Xenoverse when it comes out and would like to run around and goof off with my friends from here. :) MY account is AssertedWolf
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:24 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Hey guys! Any chance I can get my oh so awesome friends at Kanzenshuu to add me on PS3? I'm not sure what console I'm going to get this for but I'm going to try to get the beta for Xenoverse when it comes out and would like to run around and goof off with my friends from here. :) MY account is AssertedWolf
Sure. I will add you later today. I will be getting xenoverse for the ps3, ps4 and maybe for the pc just because of the mods.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
Neshawn
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Neshawn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:05 pm

I know that kanzenshuu will update and let us all know the official news and maybe someone has posted something in one of the 189 pages, but... has there been any rumor concerning Xenoverse and testing it on the 360 network?
"I'm THE BEAN DADDY!"

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Bandai Namco hasn't shown up anything of an Xbox 360 Network Test which is how they got the PS3 European Network Test rolling out.

I'd sign up for the Xbox 360 Network Test although it's probably online-only but at least there might be something interesting for the offline mode, and what kind of files the Beta file would show on on PC (maybe some music or videos).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Man, really wish people wouldn't be recording footage of the Beta when they clearly don't know how to play the game. All I'm seeing is people saiyng the game sucks or looks like BoZ when it's clearly the guy playing who doesn't got a clue of what he's doing.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezdOM2cMsY
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Quebaz wrote:Man, really wish people wouldn't be recording footage of the Beta when they clearly don't know how to play the game. All I'm seeing is people saiyng the game sucks or looks like BoZ when it's clearly the guy playing who doesn't got a clue of what he's doing.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezdOM2cMsY
Wow that's just sad.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1200
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:56 pm

The sad part is the comments of the video ...

User avatar
Neshawn
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Neshawn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks for the info on the 360 network testing! Also
dbboxkaifan wrote:Bandai Namco hasn't shown up anything of an Xbox 360 Network Test which is how they got the PS3 European Network Test rolling out.

I'd sign up for the Xbox 360 Network Test although it's probably online-only but at least there might be something interesting for the offline mode, and what kind of files the Beta file would show on on PC (maybe some music or videos).
Quebaz wrote:Man, really wish people wouldn't be recording footage of the Beta when they clearly don't know how to play the game. All I'm seeing is people saiyng the game sucks or looks like BoZ when it's clearly the guy playing who doesn't got a clue of what he's doing.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezdOM2cMsY
Agreed! I don't blame him too much for not knowing how to play, I was pretty horrific when I started playing most all of the dbz games. What my major gripe is that even if it is like battle of Z, who cares?! I enjoy that game for what it is! Its not like budokai 3 or the BT or RB series for sure but I feel its a huge improvement from Sagas which I feel has a similar game play idea. I am pretty excited for the new graphics and maybe fixing some of the frustrating aspects of BOZ. Don't get me wrong, I am not accusing you of criticizing anything, just commenting on the overall negative reception of BattleOz.
"I'm THE BEAN DADDY!"

User avatar
Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Rukura » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Aside from the sad fact that people will now probably see Xenoverse as a sequel to Battle of Z (which would actually be cool), has anything been said about when we should be seeing European codes to roll out?

Seems the American branch will be handing them out on October 3rd, maybe the European codes go out the same day?
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

User avatar
Neshawn
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Neshawn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Rukura wrote:Aside from the sad fact that people will now probably see Xenoverse as a sequel to Battle of Z (which would actually be cool), has anything been said about when we should be seeing European codes to roll out?

That would be pretty awesome, I played the demo for battle of Z and thought man I am not pleased with the lack of control compared to some of the more specific fighting games. Now after playing it for awhile I really like it. I think this new game will definitely be worth buying to see how they changed some of the quirks.

Seems the American branch will be handing them out on October 3rd, maybe the European codes go out the same day?
I am not a expert on how these things work, but it would make sense that it has the same date. Interestingly enough in the past, and I mean pre millennium, when I was watching Dragonball Z in the continental US, places like Paris where already on the buu Saga while I was getting the same episodes recycled over and over again.
"I'm THE BEAN DADDY!"

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:18 pm

What really pisses me off is that people say the games graphics look shit and that it's not good enough to be next gen...... They do know that the gameplay is taken from the ps3 being a last gen console...... Man people on the internet are just plain stupid.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
Neshawn
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Neshawn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:20 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:What really pisses me off is that people say the games graphics look shit and that it's not good enough to be next gen...... They do know that the gameplay is taken from the ps3 being a last gen console...... Man people on the internet are just plain stupid.
:clap:
"I'm THE BEAN DADDY!"

User avatar
Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am
Location: Gensokyo
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:23 pm

Rukura wrote:Aside from the sad fact that people will now probably see Xenoverse as a sequel to Battle of Z (which would actually be cool), has anything been said about when we should be seeing European codes to roll out?

Seems the American branch will be handing them out on October 3rd, maybe the European codes go out the same day?
I would guess we will get the codes on 2nd or 3rd October.
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Quebaz wrote:Man, really wish people wouldn't be recording footage of the Beta when they clearly don't know how to play the game. All I'm seeing is people saiyng the game sucks or looks like BoZ when it's clearly the guy playing who doesn't got a clue of what he's doing.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezdOM2cMsY
Wow that's just sad.
Wow, this guy doesn't seem really familiar with the controls and mechanics. Time to link my sig? :twisted:
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

Flopro18
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:48 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Flopro18 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Farmer with a Shotgun will be made in this game. I have a backstory for him and everything.

User avatar
SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu/East District

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:45 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with their movesets, I think it's all about how they decided to handle transformations in this game. Not sure I really understand the logic for why they chose to develop the transformation mechanic the way they did. I agree that it ruins the fun, as I loved playing large team fights in previous games and transforming as the battle progressed. I'm fairly certain they could have managed to find a balance between a competitive use for them while not sacrificing elements of the series (only one transformation at a time, limited usage per activation, etc).

For Super Saiyans in Xenoverse, it's a temporary buff set as one of your Ultimate Attacks that increases your abilities and allows you to use Supers and Ultimates for zero ki cost until your energy fully drains. Then they revert back automatically. Freeza and Cell don't work like that though. They transform and remain that way. So playing as them, as Dimps has set up Super Saiyans anyway, would provide a pretty big advantage.
I'd go with the idea that Full-body transformations should be perminent in battle the same way Buu's Absorbtions are. Then they get their own Ki-Guage settings and buffs to their characters but arent seperate. Or go with the baseline ki mechanic they had before in order to keep them if they are reversable. Movesets dont seem to be the issue as in all Budokai games, skills were locked until requirements were opened.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Quebaz wrote:Man, really wish people wouldn't be recording footage of the Beta when they clearly don't know how to play the game. All I'm seeing is people saiyng the game sucks or looks like BoZ when it's clearly the guy playing who doesn't got a clue of what he's doing.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezdOM2cMsY
The graphics look like crap because of the YouTube compression and for the gameplay, well, that's most likely due to Zanto not being very good at it.

Battle of Z looks OK as a game, sure it's not graphically as nice as Burst Limit, Raging Blast 1 or plasticky as Raging Blast 2 or muddy as Ultimate Blast but the graphics go fine with it. After all, what matters is the gameplay.
I would guess we will get the codes on 2nd or 3rd October.
That'd be awesome getting my Smash 3DS and then a Xenoverse Beta code. :D
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
Michelle91
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15820
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Michelle91 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:57 pm

I wonder when a release date will be announced? My guess they will announce a release date for February or March soon maybe in a few weeks from now.
She/Her
Profile Pic: Girl Laharl from Disgaea

User avatar
Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am
Location: Gensokyo
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:19 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Quebaz wrote:Man, really wish people wouldn't be recording footage of the Beta when they clearly don't know how to play the game. All I'm seeing is people saiyng the game sucks or looks like BoZ when it's clearly the guy playing who doesn't got a clue of what he's doing.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MezdOM2cMsY
The graphics look like crap because of the YouTube compression and for the gameplay, well, that's most likely due to Zanto not being very good at it.

Battle of Z looks OK as a game, sure it's not graphically as nice as Burst Limit, Raging Blast 1 or plasticky as Raging Blast 2 or muddy as Ultimate Blast but the graphics go fine with it. After all, what matters is the gameplay.
I would guess we will get the codes on 2nd or 3rd October.
That'd be awesome getting my Smash 3DS and then a Xenoverse Beta code. :D
Smash 3DS and Xenoverse code? Count me in :D Rockman mainer day 1 :D
If I get the code, I might stream Xenoverse on twitch. If it's too risky or taken down, hitboxtv, then. Let's hope my notebook doesn't die. Also can only play Network Test on Sunday morning, because I have night work and Saturday is a fighting game tournament meetup.

Also future VJump speculations? I think they are going to announce playable characters now...
Nickolaidas wrote:Don't get me wrong, DevilsCorpse, I prefer having 2nd and 3rd Freeza as separate characters rather than no characters at all, but I don't understand the logic.

In Budokai 3, DIMPS was more than able to have Freeza possess different special moves and ultimates in ONE 'character', despite him transforming on the fly. So I see no reason as to why they want to have each Freeza form be its own character in Xenoverse.

Also, they negate the fun many Freeza players had by transforming him as the match went on.

I'm just trying to understand the logic of DIMPS making Freeza and Cell transformations as separate characters.
I understand your sentiments about Freeza different forms rather being transformations than separate characters. With Cell, they might have thought, that Cell NEVER transformed mid battle, it was more a minigame trying to absorb both Cyborgs. Also from neogaf:
neogaf dude wrote:
another neogaf dude wrote:It's more likely it'll just have a small cut scene where he finds and absorbs an android to change forms. It's how they've handled his transformations in almost every other fighting game.
Yeah, that always weirded me out. Like... he just cuts and runs in the middle of the fight, knows exactly where the android in question is, AND has enough time/is not pursued quickly enough to do it without being interrupted?

I mean, yeah, Freeza and Saiyan transformations took some time to execute but not that long. Though I guess having him just throw out a solar flare works since that's how he did it in the show...
Nothing wrong with how Spike handled it, I just feel it simply makes no sense for #17 and 18 being conviniently here at the battle and absorb them. Same for Boo transformations, although they felt awesome. But I sometimes feel, it disrupted the flow of a match too much.
I think DIMPS had no idea how to balance Freeza transformation and simply went with it.
Speculation: Maoji Vegeta is going to be a separate character, also Mecha Freeza possible alternate costume for Final Freeza?
Last edited by Super Saiyajin Luffy on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

Flopro18
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:48 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Flopro18 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:51 pm

So if GT and BoG is in, it's destiny battle time. SS4 Goku vs SSG Goku. No power ups. My bet's are on the guy with the fur.

Post Reply