"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
Drev
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Drev » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:18 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:A Movelist would be nice (maybe the final version would have it).
You mean THIS?
Quebaz wrote:...speaking of strings, here's the list of them to anyone who doesn't feel like doing an offline PQ:

[]-/\-/\
[]-[]-/\-/\
[]-[]-[]-/\-/\
[]-[]-[]-[]-/\-/\
[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-/\-/\-/\
/\-/\-/\-/\-/\
/\-[]-[]-[]
/\-[]-/\-[]-/\

All of these can be canceled into supers/ultimates and even ascend/descend/jump so you can keep it with another string.

dualist
Regular
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dualist » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:
9AM PST is 12PM Noon EST. I'm from NY so I think that's the same for you. 12 Noon. Be ready.
Thanks! I will be definitely.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm seeing positive reception from the beta, even the people who bashed it now like it. I just hope I get my code, but I won't be able play it until I come back from work like 3:30pm.(I work morning shifts).
So do we have any idea around what time they'll release the code on face book? Or do we just need to check pretty early on Friday and hope for the best? I remember someone saying that they didn't have a specific time they were posting the code.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here
Posts: 3194
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:33 am
Location: Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:30 pm

dualist wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:
9AM PST is 12PM Noon EST. I'm from NY so I think that's the same for you. 12 Noon. Be ready.
Thanks! I will be definitely.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm seeing positive reception from the beta, even the people who bashed it now like it. I just hope I get my code, but I won't be able play it until I come back from work like 3:30pm.(I work morning shifts).
So do we have any idea around what time they'll release the code on face book? Or do we just need to check pretty early on Friday and hope for the best? I remember someone saying that they didn't have a specific time they were posting the code.
Just to be on the safe side I would be ready early Friday morning just in case.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta


I'm that guy who makes the avatars

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:06 am

Drev wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:A Movelist would be nice (maybe the final version would have it).
You mean THIS?
Quebaz wrote:...speaking of strings, here's the list of them to anyone who doesn't feel like doing an offline PQ:

[]-/\-/\
[]-[]-/\-/\
[]-[]-[]-/\-/\
[]-[]-[]-[]-/\-/\
[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-/\-/\-/\
/\-/\-/\-/\-/\
/\-[]-[]-[]
/\-[]-/\-[]-/\

All of these can be canceled into supers/ultimates and even ascend/descend/jump so you can keep it with another string.
Yeah I realized it was in the pause menu later on. Have not paused the game once lol.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: MOSLittGaming

Gaming Channel/Socials: MOSLittGaming

User avatar
sangofe
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8125
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:33 am

Anyone has a code to share with me? My brother registered but he got nothing :(

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:26 am

Game seems to be going trough maintenance, maybe they realized we're playing it ahead of time?
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DonieZ » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:09 am

Is it possible to create one character, then go back and create another from the Namekian or vice versa? I'm likely going to create a humanoid firstly, but it'd be pretty neat if I could go back and play as a Namekian, since I liked the way they fight from previous footage.
Quebaz wrote:Game seems to be going trough maintenance, maybe they realized we're playing it ahead of time?
Huh, what really? If so that sucks, I haven't had time to give it a run. Was hoping to get some practice before Safurday.

User avatar
Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1848
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm
Location: Space Lisbon, Space Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Rukura » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:37 am

DonieZ wrote:Is it possible to create one character, then go back and create another from the Namekian or vice versa? I'm likely going to create a humanoid firstly, but it'd be pretty neat if I could go back and play as a Namekian, since I liked the way they fight from previous footage.
You can only have one character at a time, in this Network Test, but you can keep making different characters. You'll lose your progress, though.
Quebaz wrote:Game seems to be going trough maintenance, maybe they realized we're playing it ahead of time?
I can't even login to PSN, might not just be the game but I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

User avatar
NormalHero
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by NormalHero » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:50 am

Rukura wrote:
Quebaz wrote:Game seems to be going trough maintenance, maybe they realized we're playing it ahead of time?
I can't even login to PSN, might not just be the game but I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case.
mee too! i have the beta but psn doesn't work now..

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:21 am

Sangofe wrote:Anyone has a code to share with me? My brother registered but he got nothing :(
Sent ya a PM 'bout it.
Quebaz wrote:Game seems to be going trough maintenance, maybe they realized we're playing it ahead of time?
Oh god another damn maintenance of PSN and as such it doesn't even allow to play the Beta neither the Offline mode, but hey we can still listen to the Game Start BGM. :P

The Game Start BGM doesn't sound like the same one from Burst Limit but rather a reworked version of it.

There's like three versions of the same song but one's the original.
1) Metallica - No Leaf Clover
2) Kenji Yamamoto - Burst Limit: BGM #32
3) Unknown Artist - Xenoverse: Game Start BGM

I'd love so much for Yamamoto to return to compose the Dragon Ball games as he's without a doubt he's the best for it (if we'd also get Kikuchi's synthesised music this wouldn't be an issue).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7990
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:55 am

I'm gone for 2 weeks and the page count increases by 50+ :shock:

In any case Things are starting to look very good for this game. I like the design of the Kaioshin of Time. I hadn't realized she was wearing an outfit like the other Kaioshins until the full body design showed up some 40 pages ago.

User avatar
Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am
Location: Gensokyo
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 am

First impressions of this game: It's pretty fun, so much to explore mechanic wise.
Also someone made a Namekian? /\ of the Namekian was the long arm chargeable attack, was it?

Might do a semi indepht look into the strings. Only extensively played female Saiyan...
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:35 pm

PSN is back online but the Beta isn't usable at the moment, so they really did shut it down until October 4+. :|
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DonieZ » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:58 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:PSN is back online but the Beta isn't usable at the moment, so they really did shut it down until October 4+. :|
I know right, I just installed the game only to find it's down for maintenance! :x
Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:First impressions of this game: It's pretty fun, so much to explore mechanic wise.
Also someone made a Namekian? /\ of the Namekian was the long arm chargeable attack, was it?

Might do a semi indepht look into the strings. Only extensively played female Saiyan...
How's the fluidity of the beta? Is the movement smooth?

User avatar
Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am
Location: Gensokyo
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:29 pm

DonieZ wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:PSN is back online but the Beta isn't usable at the moment, so they really did shut it down until October 4+. :|
I know right, I just installed the game only to find it's down for maintenance! :x
Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:First impressions of this game: It's pretty fun, so much to explore mechanic wise.
Also someone made a Namekian? /\ of the Namekian was the long arm chargeable attack, was it?

Might do a semi indepht look into the strings. Only extensively played female Saiyan...
How's the fluidity of the beta? Is the movement smooth?
Boost Dash tracking seems kinda iffy, also Dash Attacks are hard to land. Better not to rely on these in the Network Test. Boost Dash speed seems fine to me.
Normal movement seems fluid, sidestepping things and doing invisible jumps is trolly :D
First I had no idea, that some strings are only available, if you're hitting the opponent (as in they could block? need to test more), thought at first, that the controls were messed up. I kinda could use a training partner for Sunday morning. The combat feels fluid, this game really test your reactions and your ability to read opponents. When is opponent use his escape vanish? What does he have equipped? Also I found myself to jump VERY OFTEN in this game or even use generic Ki-Blasts. Jump/Ascend/Descend cancel stuff is hard, they all need a proper timing. If you're doing it too early, you snap vanish behind them and waste Ki...
Offensive Snap Vanishes after knockback attacks might need some work, it kinda bugs sometimes.
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

User avatar
SSJmole
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 am
Location: uk

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJmole » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:46 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:So as it stands it seems a lot of you are having a blast with the game be it your first or second go around, which is great. With that said what would you guys rate it so far? I'd it more or less than what you expected? Is it right on the money? Does it make you anticipate the final product even more?

Honestly? I rate it about an 8 or 9. Just on what we've seen for a beta. As like I mentioned in another post IMO it is Destiny for fighting games. Equipment , create a character , open hud for everyone , Fun group play for missions BUT you can also solo. It is pretty much a very western (based on connection I feel to Destiny) take on Dragonball Online. I like it. Plus you can actually use a scouter :D can't wait for full game. You can also play with a team of cpu characters if you don't want online and an offline hub too. It's great. In beta i got to buy kaioken and a scouter. I want to buy special beam cannon next.


Only negatives I have is : I could not free type in hub. Controls were tricky to get used too. No Saiyan armour sold for my Saiyan (i assume that there will in full version though)

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:07 pm

SSJmole wrote:Honestly? I rate it about an 8 or 9.
An 8.5/10 would possibly be a fair score for the game, but I'm guessing IGN, GameSpot, Kotaku and others will go with 7/10 or 7.5/10 than any higher.
SSJmole wrote:As like I mentioned in another post IMO it is Destiny for fighting games. Equipment , create a character , open hud for everyone , Fun group play for missions BUT you can also solo
While it has some similarities to what Destiny offers it feels like you're giving it too much credit (it's a game worthy of 5/10 or 6/10), because if we compare XV's story mode to Destiny, it blows Destiny outta the water easily (might've been better to just skip not having a story and just make Destiny a guns all out kind of game).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
SSJmole
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 am
Location: uk

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJmole » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:26 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
SSJmole wrote:As like I mentioned in another post IMO it is Destiny for fighting games. Equipment , create a character , open hud for everyone , Fun group play for missions BUT you can also solo
While it has some similarities to what Destiny offers it feels like you're giving it too much credit (it's a game worthy of 5/10 or 6/10), because if we compare XV's story mode to Destiny, it blows Destiny outta the water easily (might've been better to just skip not having a story and just make Destiny a guns all out kind of game).
That could be true. But I was basing it on beta. In beta there was no story to be found I felt. Which makes sense as they want to test online NOT the story so it was left out. I felt the lasting appeal will be grouping with friends to level up. I compared it to Destiny just because while I do not like Destiny I find it to be the first Modern MMO (Maybe Defiance as it was structured similar) as MMOS were WOW-like. I feel Destiny-like is the future.

So my comparison to Destiny was in the structure and as You put it "similarities " Which is a good thing IMO as Destiny, despite it's failings and lacklustre response critically, People are playing it in a big way. It is the fastest selling new IP ever. So a game with similarities could gain more mainstream appeal instead of just us fans (who let's be honest buy it because "dragonball" in cover lol) Which could be very good in the long haul.

This game has me excited as it's the first Dragonall game i feel is the perfect genre (Destiny-like mmo) at the perfect time (before Destiny-like mmos get over used) So it's great to see and has loads of replay value :) I approve

dualist
Regular
Posts: 534
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dualist » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:46 pm

SSJmole wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:
SSJmole wrote:As like I mentioned in another post IMO it is Destiny for fighting games. Equipment , create a character , open hud for everyone , Fun group play for missions BUT you can also solo
While it has some similarities to what Destiny offers it feels like you're giving it too much credit (it's a game worthy of 5/10 or 6/10), because if we compare XV's story mode to Destiny, it blows Destiny outta the water easily (might've been better to just skip not having a story and just make Destiny a guns all out kind of game).
That could be true. But I was basing it on beta. In beta there was no story to be found I felt. Which makes sense as they want to test online NOT the story so it was left out. I felt the lasting appeal will be grouping with friends to level up. I compared it to Destiny just because while I do not like Destiny I find it to be the first Modern MMO (Maybe Defiance as it was structured similar) as MMOS were WOW-like. I feel Destiny-like is the future.

So my comparison to Destiny was in the structure and as You put it "similarities " Which is a good thing IMO as Destiny, despite it's failings and lacklustre response critically, People are playing it in a big way. It is the fastest selling new IP ever. So a game with similarities could gain more mainstream appeal instead of just us fans (who let's be honest buy it because "dragonball" in cover lol) Which could be very good in the long haul.

This game has me excited as it's the first Dragonall game i feel is the perfect genre (Destiny-like mmo) at the perfect time (before Destiny-like mmos get over used) So it's great to see and has loads of replay value :) I approve
As a fan of the mmo genre for DBZ, is it really structured the same way? Don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatic if this were similar, but isn't it more of a fighting game with some MMO elements? Although we don't know how the story mode will will turn out, MMOS are more adventurous with expanding story, and while I'll enjoy this game play, it's more GTA than Destiny-like, isn't it?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
SSJmole
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 am
Location: uk

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SSJmole » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Maybe but this has the gear + loot system of something like Destiny mixed with in it's equipments and levelling. Items and gear effect the game a lot. example using my scouter in a 3 vs 3 made it easy to scan the area, see health , see moves ect... I agree that's not a 100% MMO but in my eyes destiny was not. As when I played if you tried to explore you'd die a lot as there was always enemies higher that were odly in caves or fields right next to missions making it more linear.

With this it seems more like say a MOBA but with PvE which means more MMO. It might just be me and that is cool. but this felt like an MMO but the missions were battle of z style fights. It worked. However if you do not count this as an MMO I'm happy to agree to disagree. :D As long as people enjoy this for any reason i'm happy. Some will love the story , others creation, others the elements i found MMO-like, some the fighting ect... There is i feel literally something for everyone. Like with Destiny I'm looking forward to building up my male Saiyan class then trying the Majin then Frieza's race (namekians are ok but besides piccolo I don't like any lol) I do hope they keep expanding as I'd love to play as an Android. I also hope we can go SSJ as I will so make a female to finally see a female SSJ (pan should have been in gt IMO)

Post Reply