"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
Drev
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Drev » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:24 am

samuraix123 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
jollyr wrote:Can someone please post a list of all Absolutely confirmed characters? 'm way too confused and its making me sad :?:
goku
vegeta
vegito
kid gohan
teen gohan
mystic gohan
kid trunks
future trunks
goten
gotenks
piccolo
yamcha
Tenshinhan
krillin
raditz
nappa
saibamen
captian ginyu
burter
recoom
jeice
guldo
Freeza
#17
#18
cell
cell jr
majin buu
super buu
kid buu
mr.satan
bardock
mira
towa
No Paikuhan? ahhh man..... :(
The list above is for 100% confirmed characters...

User avatar
Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1671
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 am
Location: South Korea

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Thanos » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:35 am

So, I know it was just a network test, butam I to presume all CaCs (at least within the races/genders) have the same melee combos, or can those be customized/purchased?
I was Thanos before the MCU existed!

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:46 am

Thanos wrote:So, I know it was just a network test, butam I to presume all CaCs (at least within the races/genders) have the same melee combos, or can those be customized/purchased?
Sergio said in his latest video that you will be able to choose between fighting styles.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

User avatar
Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1671
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 am
Location: South Korea

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Thanos » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:50 am

Quebaz wrote:
Thanos wrote: Sergio said in his latest video that you will be able to choose between fighting styles.
Sick. I hope there's a sword style! I know you can have sword accessories, but I wonder if they're just props?
I was Thanos before the MCU existed!

User avatar
Avenged
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:34 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Avenged » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:05 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I want to say this is highly questionable. A Playable Demo in December and a Feb. 24th 2015 Release date. Don't know if that's worldwide or for Japan, UK, US... well, I'll leave the speculating up to you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5yQjOIZPDU
So much wrong with that...

1. It's from some Wiki.
2. It's not a Budokai game.
3. No legit news comes from a fan's Youtube video.
4. No release date announced.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by omegalucas » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Seven languages, one of them being Portuguese? :o
Awesome, since I guess it'll be Brazillian Portuguese which I don't mind at all since they use mostly the Japanese terms. So no need to read "not-Tenshinhan" everythere! :D
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Avenged wrote:So much wrong with that...

1. It's from some Wiki.
2. It's not a Budokai game.
3. No legit news comes from a fan's Youtube video.
4. No release date announced.
Looks like that was taken from Dragon Ball Wiki.

The game isn't part of the Budokai series, it's a series of its own.
omegalucas wrote:Seven languages, one of them being Portuguese? :o
Awesome, since I guess it'll be Brazillian Portuguese which I don't mind at all since they use mostly the Japanese terms. So no need to read "not-Tenshinhan" everythere! :D
Bandai Namco's more popular in Europe than US so if they were to include Portuguese then chances it'd be Portuguese of Portugal than Brazilian.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by omegalucas » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:43 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote: Bandai Namco's more popular in Europe than US so if they were to include Portuguese then chances it'd be Portuguese of Portugal than Brazilian.
Pretty sure the videogames they already translated to Portuguese were PT-BR. Like Battle of Z.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv0c0bhv_28
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:44 pm

omegalucas wrote:Seven languages, one of them being Portuguese? :o
Awesome, since I guess it'll be Brazillian Portuguese which I don't mind at all since they use mostly the Japanese terms. So no need to read "not-Tenshinhan" everythere! :D
All DBZ PS3 games have had Brazillian Portuguese subtitles tho, It's that they're only avaliable if your system is in Brazillian Portuguese and you have an NTSC copy of the game. (source: I somehow have a NTSC copy of Burst Limit)

Edit: Went in to check and Burst Limit doesn't have Portuguese subtitles at all, however I'm sure the other games do have, as shown by omegalucas's video.
Last edited by Quebaz on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

User avatar
TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Xenoverse interview done. Asked a mix of questions from here and the Dragon Ball Games fan page on facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTt2dCHqts

This guy is the Localization Producer for Bandai Namco Games.

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by omegalucas » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Quebaz wrote: All DBZ PS3 games have had Brazillian Portuguese subtitles tho, It's that they're only avaliable if your system is in Brazillian Portuguese and you have an NTSC copy of the game. (source: I somehow have a NTSC copy of Burst Limit)
Had no idea. Hopefully the Steam version will have access to all the languages.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1203
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Quebaz » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:03 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Quebaz wrote: All DBZ PS3 games have had Brazillian Portuguese subtitles tho, It's that they're only avaliable if your system is in Brazillian Portuguese and you have an NTSC copy of the game. (source: I somehow have a NTSC copy of Burst Limit)
Had no idea. Hopefully the Steam version will have access to all the languages.
With Steam you just need to change the Interface's language to get the game run in the language you want (If it is avaliable), and it normally doesn't make the distinction of PT-PT and PT-BR so it should be fine.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:51 pm

TheGameTagerZ wrote:Xenoverse interview done. Asked a mix of questions from here and the Dragon Ball Games fan page on facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTt2dCHqts

This guy is the Localization Producer for Bandai Namco Games.
Was a bit disappointed that part of my transformation question couldn't be answered for the time being, though they way he hesitated with his reply seems to imply that we're right in assuming Freeza's forms are separate. Will still wait and see though. Another portion of my question was indirectly addressed too when he mentioned they are still tweaking how ki gauges could work in the final game, but that doesn't really cover why they they are Ultimate Attacks that only grant you one form at a time.

I see a lot of people interviewed for DBZ games that either just talk out their ass, can't answer something or legitimately don't know information (making you wonder why they even bothered). This one seems to actually have a bit of an understanding of things though (despite his position), judging from how he was responding and such. Occasionally some of the questions seemed be worded oddly and thus caused confusion, but overall it didn't seem to be an entire waste of time and he would even ramble a bit to provide some background details that weren't really required to answer the question.

Anyway, something else besides my question caught my attention....did I hear a seemingly intelligent DB game representative actually talk about looking into the possibility of LEGITIMATE DLC to expand on the game POST LAUNCH, all on his own? Without being asked about DLC in the first place? As in, not little packets to unlock stupid little super strength versions of characters that are already on the disc, but potential quests and stuff (from the way he was talking)?
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
DarkPrince_92
I Live Here
Posts: 3495
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:34 pm

I mean I think the interview is somewhat solid, despite him not knowing a great deal as far as gameplay... remember his job is the game's localization and translation overseas. You shouldn't expect him to know a great deal on game mechanics and whatnot.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: MOSLittGaming

Gaming Channel/Socials: MOSLittGaming

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Well, the actual portion about transformations being Ulitmate Attacks and all that wasn't even asked, so it wouldn't matter how much info he had on mechanics of the game.

As for the bit about Freeza's transformations being separate, I would think he should know that. Since he oversees localization for us, he should know if some forms are on the character select screen. He should presumably be checking these things for errors as part of his job, nay? (Which is presumably why he declined to answer instead of saying he doesn't know.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:33 pm

If Mr. Popo isn't a playable character then at least it's possible to make him out of a Black Saiyan (just like he looks on the manga/anime).

CaC will be quite useful to have around for characters that weren't included in the roster.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am
Location: Gensokyo
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:48 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:If Mr. Popo isn't a playable character then at least it's possible to make him out of a Black Saiyan (just like he looks on the manga/anime).

CaC will be quite useful to have around for characters that weren't included in the roster.
Black Majin would be most likely the better option, who knows, they might get Mr. Popo eyes. I know that they got Mr. Popo eyes in DBO....
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:59 pm

Oh yes the Majin race is included so it's definitely more suitable than Black Saiyans.

My only concern with this game is the dashing everything else I'm okay with it.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:22 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Well, the actual portion about transformations being Ulitmate Attacks and all that wasn't even asked, so it wouldn't matter how much info he had on mechanics of the game.

As for the bit about Freeza's transformations being separate, I would think he should know that. Since he oversees localization for us, he should know if some forms are on the character select screen. He should presumably be checking these things for errors as part of his job, nay? (Which is presumably why he declined to answer instead of saying he doesn't know.)
I'm sure he does know but like every PR person they have to make the game look good. They have to sell you something. If they tell you things that you don't want to hear that's a potential loss sale.

But I do understand you. I avoided some questions for the fact that it was obvious that it wouldn't be answered. I tried to dig into questions that weren't soft but not hard enough so that I could get something out of it if that makes any sense.

User avatar
Drev
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Drev » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:32 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote: CaC will be quite useful to have around for characters that weren't included in the roster.
try to make jiaozi with cac if you can, lol :|

Post Reply