The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.
SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:So, no evidence then? Only a subjective rule that you apply to yourself.
http://dbzf.co.uk/single/?p=8873015&t=8435301

Yeah, "no evidence"

Now where's your evidence Goku was wrong about Gotenks? Oh wait, you have nothing.

Great job countering my other points too.

User avatar
Hugo Boss
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5096
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Goku said multiple times Gotenks would defeat Boo and wouldn't need a RoSaT trip, without even knowing Gotenks in person until seeing him from the crystal ball. I fail to see the clear evidence here.

Piccolo said Gotenks' power really was incredible and, because he only commented on the time problem, you assumed such claims are evidence that what Goku told Boo was true. I also fail to see the clear evidence here.

I have no problem about thinking SS Gotenks was already stronger than SS3 Goku (or didn't surpass Majin Vegeta) before the RoSaT's trip, but claiming each of these are evidence... I'm not sure.

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14524
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:49 pm

The snarky attitudes about who's more or less opinionated or educated about logic end right now.

The bit in Daizenshuu #7 about how Gotenks "leveled up" to the point that "his strength surpassed Vegeta and the others" in the Room of Spirit and Time, combined with the suspicious lack of any kind of confirmation about his standing to Majin Boo before it (in a story arc that's otherwise chock full of straightforward "A > B" statements), is reason enough for one to believe that SS Gotenks wasn't quite up to the task yet.

But if one instead believes that taking Goku's prediction at face value is enough to assume he WAS strong enough, then that's okay too. You're free to believe either way.
[ BlueSky | Bsky: DBS Plots | DeviantArt | Twitter (Depreciated) ]

[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]

Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:55 pm

@Hugo Boss

Goku measured Goten and Trunks' full power, he's seen fusion in the after life before and even sensed the ki increase, he's a reliable ki sensor.

He was able to tell SSJ 2 Gohan would be enough to beat Cell without even seeing a SSJ 2 before, so why would he be wrong about Gotenks when he's sensed fusion and Goten and Trunks' full power?

@Kaboom

It could've meant Base Gotenks post > Majin Vegeta for all we know, but that's personal interpretation, so I won't argue on that.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10375
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:56 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:So, no evidence then? Only a subjective rule that you apply to yourself.
http://dbzf.co.uk/single/?p=8873015&t=8435301

Yeah, "no evidence"

Now where's your evidence Goku was wrong about Gotenks? Oh wait, you have nothing.

Great job countering my other points too.
As Kaboom said, none of that is definitive, unless taken in a very specific way, that is by no means necessary.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
Hugo Boss
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5096
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:19 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Goku measured Goten and Trunks' full power, he's seen fusion in the after life before and even sensed the ki increase, he's a reliable ki sensor.

He was able to tell SSJ 2 Gohan would be enough to beat Cell without even seeing a SSJ 2 before, so why would he be wrong about Gotenks when he's sensed fusion and Goten and Trunks' full power?
I can't say Goku was wrong in either way, I'm wondering about the lack of confirmation in Gotenks' situation.

When Gohan fought Cell he defeated Cell, but it wasn't just a matter of power. Cell was tenacious enough to almost win the battle. Imagine if Gohan didn't have Goku's and Vegeta's assistment.

I can also imagining Vegeta being tenacious enough to defeat Gotenks, it's up to one's belief.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:35 pm

About Gotenks surpassing Vegeta and the others, was there an image shown of Gotenks in that Daizenshuu bio?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:About Gotenks surpassing Vegeta and the others, was there an image shown of Gotenks in that Daizenshuu bio?
It was base Gotenks

User avatar
Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Cool. So I'll just go with Base Gotenks surpassing Vegeta and the others, then. Thanks.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10262
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by rereboy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
As Kaboom said, none of that is definitive, unless taken in a very specific way, that is by no means necessary.
I mentioned this before but I'll say it again: yes, there's no definite proof that SSJ Gotenks (before Rosat) is stronger than Majin Vegeta. However, there are plenty of quotes and actions indicating and implying in the manga that he is stronger than Majin Vegeta, while there's basically no quotes and actions indicating and implying otherwise in the manga. The best one can argue is that there's no definite proof and that's basically it. The bulk of what is the manga seems to tend heavily to implying that he is stronger than Majin Vegeta.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10375
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:59 pm

rereboy wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
As Kaboom said, none of that is definitive, unless taken in a very specific way, that is by no means necessary.
I mentioned this before but I'll say it again: yes, there's no definite proof that SSJ Gotenks (before Rosat) is stronger than Majin Vegeta. However, there are plenty of quotes and actions indicating and implying in the manga that he is stronger than Majin Vegeta, while there's basically no quotes and actions indicating and implying otherwise in the manga. The best one can argue is that there's no definite proof and that's basically it. The bulk of what is the manga seems to tend heavily to implying that he is stronger than Majin Vegeta.
It just depends upon how much value you place in implications.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10262
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by rereboy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: It just depends upon how much value you place in implications.
To me, when the opposite interpretation has nothing backing it up, its easy to adhere to the implications that actually are there.

But, of course, since there's no definite proof, one can always adhere to the opposing interpretation even with nothing backing it up. Its just a position that its much harder to defend.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here
Posts: 3411
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Imperfect Cell Vs Pre-Rosat Super Saiyan Vegeta and Super Saiyan Trunks

This is the Cell that fought the newly merged Piccolo. Can he take down the duo?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:52 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Imperfect Cell Vs Pre-Rosat Super Saiyan Vegeta and Super Saiyan Trunks

This is the Cell that fought the newly merged Piccolo. Can he take down the duo?
Hell, yes. Either Trunks or Vegeta could one shot Cell at this point, his was weaksauce before he went on his absorbing spree.

User avatar
In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 822
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm tempted to side with Cell due to a reasonable power advantage and regen... Nonetheless, Vegeta and Trunks can squeak out a victory though it'll be incredibly difficult and a well timed Final Flash is essential to picking up the win. Neither Saiyan is walking out unscathed and there is a probability one of them wont walk away at all.

Making it Vegeta and Goku would improve their chances, but it still wouldn't be easy.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:06 pm

SSJ 3 Goku [End of Z] vs. SSJ Gotenks [post-RoSaT]

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by GogesusSSG » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Imperfect Cell Vs Pre-Rosat Super Saiyan Vegeta and Super Saiyan Trunks

This is the Cell that fought the newly merged Piccolo. Can he take down the duo?
I'd say Cell, he put up a decent fight against Piccolo who without regeneration probably could have lost himself and he knows what his tail is capable of.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SSJ 3 Goku [End of Z] vs. SSJ Gotenks [post-RoSaT]


Goku as I would imagine Goku would make atleast enough gains to be to be on his level; though he likely surpassed him and he probably has better stamina in the form than in the buu arc as well.

Android arc hypothetical Super Saiyan Gohan(pre ROSAT) vs. android arc Piccolo(pre Kami fusion).

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:41 pm

GogesusSSG wrote:Android arc hypothetical Super Saiyan Gohan(pre ROSAT) vs. android arc Piccolo(pre Kami fusion).
All we know is

Base Goku >/~ Base Gohan since Goku thought Gohan would be a good sparring partner after he attained SSJ.

Android arc Piccolo >> Yardrat arc SSJ Goku since Piccolo was confident in taking on someone he thought could slaughter Yardrat Goku.

So I'd say maybe something like this;

Android arc SSJ Vegeta >= Android arc SSJ Goku > Android arc SSJ Trunks >= Android arc SSJ Gohan >=< Piccolo

Piccolo takes it due to skill and stamina, but it won't be easy

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:44 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SSJ 3 Goku [End of Z] vs. SSJ Gotenks [post-RoSaT]
Gotenks. His power level spike after being in the ROSAT that he could have kicked Super Buu ass if he didn't fuck around so much. Ultimately SSJ3 would too much of Goku's ki before he can do some major damage. But at the same time Gotenks would be fucking around so much the when he's about the get serious, the fusion would have expired. As far as raw power goes though, SSJ Gotenks (Post ROSAT) still has the comfortable edge over SSJ3 Goku (End Of Z).

User avatar
Hugo Boss
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5096
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Imperfect Cell Vs Pre-Rosat Super Saiyan Vegeta and Super Saiyan Trunks

This is the Cell that fought the newly merged Piccolo. Can he take down the duo?
No. 17 said No. 18 couldn't take the duo by herself and Cell seems to be weaker than her. I wonder if Vegeta even needs Trunks' help, he didn't make a remark on Cell's power while he did with Merged Piccolo.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SSJ 3 Goku [End of Z] vs. SSJ Gotenks [post-RoSaT]

IMO, SS3 Goku was stronger than SS Gotenks during Boo Arc, but Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack would be a pain. Even so, I think Goku might pull a win against Gotenks if he goes all-out.
GogesusSSG wrote:Android arc hypothetical Super Saiyan Gohan(pre ROSAT) vs. android arc Piccolo(pre Kami fusion).
I don't think Piccolo was 50 times stronger than Gohan by that time, but assuming he was about 5~10 times, I don't think Piccolo has a chance.

Post Reply